Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Format: Audio CDChange

on November 6, 2012
The song melody is perfect, you can hear the Bond theme song in it. Adele's voice makes it magical. I hope the movie is as perfect as the song!
0Comment43 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 31, 2012
I am a big Adele fan, and this track does not disappoint. Great song for a bond film. Her voice is perfect for this.
0Comment29 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2012
I seriously need to go to addiction therapy over this song. I think I have listened to this song 100 times this past week so far. This one song is eternally looped on my media player! Adele's absolutely glorious, captivating, smooth as silk vocals are mesmerizing on this song. She sings from her soul and she puts her passion for music and what she is singing about on her sleeve - without restraint and fear and that is what makes her stand out as a legend. I adore the 77 orchestra accompaniment, escalating tension, suspensful and has a real dramatic effect - paired all together makes this song perfect especially for a James Bond movie - which in my opinion makes it my favorite Bond theme.
on December 19, 2012
Adele brings us Bond fans back to the days of Shirley Bassey and themes like Goldfinger and Diamonds are Forever in this wonderful opening number from Skyfall! I cannot play it enough!
on January 19, 2013
I love this song. It is one of my favorite James Bond theme songs. This CD contails the title song by Adele and that's it. If you're a fan of the new Bond film, I'd check this out.
on November 29, 2012
Love the movie, the artist Adele respect her music, she was the perfect choice to represent this movie, love it!
on November 17, 2012
THE MAIN TITLE THEME SKYFALL BY ADELE: This is the best JAMES BOND main title theme sung in a long time and it runs close to 5 minutes. Written and sung ay ADELE-her amazing voice equals Shirley Bassey in strength. This sounds the way a James Bond movie theme should sound and what BOND fans expect to hear. ADELE definitely pulls it off with not only singing it but writing it. I hope to hear more of her singing Bond title themes in the future. This is the first time I've ever heard ADELE sing. It takes alot of voice with grace, melody, and strength for me to even be wowed by an artist I've never heard of before. This is just the single for the main title movie of SKYFALL--You better get it because it is not-repeat it is not on the cd soundtrack movie score by Thomas Newman. After hearing ADELE sing this theme, and I love it and her voice, it has inspired me to look into purchasing ADELE's regular music cd's with looking forward to pleasure. Thankyou ADELE !
on December 9, 2012
It's pretty great... It starts off with a reminder of what it is, with the haunting, very distinctively 007 brass signature. The song itself is kinda sad. It is haunting and somber. But it's terrific. If you've seen the movie, the song touches on certain aspects of what happens in the film. For fans of the franchise, it is a throwback to the earliest films. Along with the opening credits (after the chase scene and Bond has fallen into the deep), the song is a perfect fit. If it isn't at least nominated for "Best Song" at the Academy Awards this year, I will be surprised. Very worthwhile.
on November 10, 2012
Pick up the UK import of this. It has both the original song by Adele along with as an instrumental version.
It would be difficult for me to find something that I DON'T love about the latest Bond movie, "Skyfall." But one of the things I loved best about it was Adele's theme song, also called "Skyfall." I'm not surprised that this song ended up winning an Academy Award for "Best Original Song" -- it's a majestic, soaring song that is tied tightly into the plot of the movie, but can also be appreciated on its own, as a love song.

It begins with a blare of brass and a gentle ripple of piano. "This is the end/Hold your breath and count to ten/Feel the earth move and then/Hear my heart burst again," Adele croons softly, sounding resigned whatever is happening. But strings begin to creep into the song, and by the chorus we're in full orchestral mode laced with that hard-edged Bond sound.

Actually, it sounds less like a Bond song, and more like a sort of apocalyptic hymn as she sings, "Let the sky fall, when it crumbles/We will stand tall/And face it all together!" The song uncoils after that like a sonic rose, unfolding new layers of dark horns, violins and a soaring winged finale that leaves your heart pounding.

"Skyfall" is a song that is both simple and complex -- it's got a seventy-seven person orchestra playing under J. A. C. Redford, and it has countless layers and harmonies sweeping together. The James Bond theme is woven in as well, but it feels natural and not like it was prodded in to make it more recognizably a Bond song -- it has its own sound and rhythm.

Instead of a pop song, it's a deep, rich ballad that starts off on a funereal, almost defeated note, only to blossom into fiery, powerful determination by the end. And the lyrics are tightly tied to the actual plot of the movie "Skyfall" -- just look at lines like "Skyfall is where we start," "I've drowned and dreamt this moment" and "we will stand tall/and face it all together/at Skyfall."

But the lyrics and imagery are also vague enough that it can be appreciated as a powerful love ballad in its own right, about triumphing over the odds with the help of one who loves you ("I know I'd never be me without the security/Are your loving arms keeping me from harm/Put your hand in my hand and we'll stand"). And Adele is... well, Adele. Her voice is rich, soulful and full of soaring emotion, and she sounds like she put all her heart and soul into this song.

"Skyfall" is a fitting song for the brilliant new Bond movie, in just about every way -- it's a bittersweet, rich, haunting experience that demands to be heard again and again. And it just made a new fan of Adele.