Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Edition: Eruptor, Chop Chop, Bash|Change

on August 19, 2012
I don't play Wii, but when my son was shopping with his birthday money, we saw Skylanders, and I said, "I think you need that!" I thought it was so cool (still do). The Starter Pack gives you 1 Magic, 1 Water, and 1 Tech. Naturally you "need" at least ONE guy from each Element. You can certainly buy characters individually, but it's cheaper to buy the Packs. If you choose two 3-packs carefully, you get 1 guy from each element, plus an extra Magic guy.

If you get THIS (reviewing) 3-pack (Eruptor/ChopChop/Bash) PLUS Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Triple Character Pack (Wrecking Ball, Stealth Elf, Sonic Boom) you cover all the Elements for cheaper than buying them separately. After that, you can add in other characters as your kid likes, but this allows them to unlock all the areas.

I bought the two 3-packs, but opened the packages & re-wrapped each guy separately. My son can "earn" a new (surprise) guy each week by good behavior and cheerful helpfulness. He got Chop Chop yesterday, and was thrilled to add an Undead to his team, after a week of only the 3 original Elements. He has 5 more Saturdays worth of guys (assuming he's nice), then he can select/earn add-on guys on his own. I felt that deferring the collection of characters makes it more anticipatory and stretches out the fun!
33 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2012
This package contains 3 fun additions to any Skylander collection.

Eruptor is a ranged/area effect based Skylander. He throws lava blobs at range and can erupt to cover the area around him in lava for a couple of seconds.
His upgrade paths with either increase the range, power and add an explosion radius to his lava globs or increase the execution speed and power of his eruption and cause it spawn volcanoes.

Chop Chop is a melee based Skylander. He uses a sword to attack and can defend himself and attack with his shield.
He gains a ranged "bone bramble" attack that sends a wave of spiked bones bursting out of the ground in a straight path ahead of him.
His upgrade paths either enhance the power of his sword attacks or adds additional counter attacks after an enemy strikes his shield and allows him to stun enemies.

Bash is a mobile, melee based Skylander. He strikes with his tail and can roll through enemies. He is later able create a pillar of stone in front of him to defend and can strike it with his tail to crush it, using the resulting debis as a ranged projectile.
His Upgrade paths will increase the speed and power of his rolling attack or the power and abilities of his tail strikes.
on November 11, 2011
To start with I'm a old school gamer and like games I can hold in my hands. I know sometime soon games like this will no longer be around. Anyway, this was a great addition to the game Skylanders. At first I thought the game would not be that great but soon found out it was one of the better games I have played in a long time. I love you can switch characters right in the middle of a battle and a bonus you can play your character on any other game system (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii & 3DS) and PC.

The game is expensive if you buy all the Skylanders but you really only need eight characters (one of each element) you can finish the game. So you get three when you buy the game you need to buy five more to finish the game. Most people go a little nuts and buy all the Skylander characters for the kids no matter what it cost. I think it's a little crazy when people pay $50, $100 or $150 for Skylander character when it will be $10 or less a few months later. I have all but Wham-Shell and have not paid more then $10 for any of them. I just waited a month or so until buying them. Skylander Adventurer Packs I didn't pay any more then $20. If people pay $50 for one they are just feeding the market for higher prices. Even Toys-R-Us is jumping on the bandwagon and charging $10 for Skylander characters and $25 for Adventurer Packs. Retail price should be $9 for Skylander characters and $20 for Adventurer Packs. People if you don't buy the Skylander characters and Adventurer Packs at that high prices the stores will think they are going to eat the product and drop the price.

Well I'm getting off my soapbox. Hope this helps someone.
on June 19, 2012
My son is 4 and Skylanders is his new obsession. This pack was great for him. Why? Because all 3 characters have a very high defense system, so it makes it harder for Skylanders to "need rest", and they have great attack power as well. Also, he had a little trouble controlling Spyro because of the speed. These characters are a little slower for him, allowing him to get a little more used to the controls.

We let him pick out this pack by himself (with a little influence) and he was super excited when it arrived. He wanted to take all three of them to bed with him.

Parent tip- If you don't already know, there are 8 "elements" on the game, each character being of a different element. You need a character of each element to unlock all the portions of the maps. We paired this 3 pack with Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Triple Character Pack (Wrecking Ball, Stealth Elf, Sonic Boom), to go along with the 3 that came with the game. This gave the kids ALL elements with the 9 Skylanders. Not saying you have to get the same 2 packs, but if you miss an element, you kid WILL let you know and you may end up spending more money.

The awesome thing about Skylanders characters is that if you have an Xbox 360 and their friend has a Wii, the characters work on all systems! They can take their Skylanders to a friends house and they can trade or borrow if they want. Just don't buy them one of the expensive ones and let them trade it away.

Also, I say my kids are obsessed (and they are) but I don't let them sit there all day playing. They do alot of physical activity too!
on June 13, 2013
Ok so I never like to write a bad review because I love amazon but I was very upset with this order. My four year old son is in love with this game as so as I. So he really wanted this figure that was really hard to find in store so as I always do I checked on amazon. I m a prime member so I even paid a little extra to get this next day. well i open the box and go to grab the package out the box and I cut my finger. I first thought it was the side of the box but it was not. This item was used and the box had been stapled back together to make it look like new. I don't know if it was a return but it looked really used therefore it should have been selt as used. I did not pay for a used item but amazon sent me a used item that caused me to go to the er and have to get 2 stitches in my finger. I only spent about 6 hours in the ER and not only that my son was terrified by all the blood coming from my finger. This is very sad and very deceitful to buyers and not only that LOYAL amazon buyers!!!!! This was the worst thing that has happened to me and I am not exaggerating. I will be looking into any legal options I may have.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2013
A must have for any Skylanders fan! Chop Chop and Bash are two of my favorite characters! Eruptor is great too and is also a must-have character. These characters will play in any of the 3 Skylanders games (Spyro's Adventure, Giants, or Swapforce). When using the characters in different games they will keep all of their powers and gem values. This triple pack was originally $24.99 at stores and the individual characters are $9.99. Since this is a pack from the original game (Series 1) it should be clearanced out a bit.
on December 8, 2012
This was a great gift for my 7 year old great grandson! The most wonderful experience was sitting him in front of the computer at the Amazon site and letting him pick exactly what he wanted! I only wish I had been able to record that time for him to see when he was much older! It was as much fun as being there myself on Christmas morning and watching him open his presents! Just can't have more fun than that!
on June 9, 2012
I delayed getting this pack for a while (I had 19 Skylanders before buying this pack) and have to admit it, it is probably the second best of the triple character packs.

Bash is probably the strongest Skylander in the game as far as damage goes. If you upgrade his tail abilities he can dish out 80 damage with a single attack without powering up or critical and 240 damage for the single attack if you do spend two seconds or so powering up (320 with critical). His rolling ability makes him among the faster characters in the game, I believe, and I have used him to finish several levels' time goals.

Eruptor is a decent figure. I like the appearance (especially since he looks similar to a game enemy) and how smooth the figure itself is. Attacks are reasonably decent, and he can be fairly formidable in a fight regardless of the path you choose. While he may seem slow at first, he can be competitive if you learn how to use him.

Chop Chop, on the other hand, was a great disappointment to me. His attacks are alright, and his shield may be decent, but overall I just don't find him to be very good. I group him in the group of seemingly filler characters with Drill Sergeant and Spyro. Chop Chop's attack and movement speed are decent, so you can put up a fight with him, but there are just too many better characters. The one thing that I like about him, however, is that he looks pretty cool, especially if you own the Pirate Seas adventure pack and equip him with the Pirate Hat
on December 7, 2012
The pieces add new characters that you can play with. They are fun and the kids love the game. I would recommend this set. It saves money on the individual pieces and you still get the same items as you would with the original solo pieces.
on February 15, 2013
My daughter loves this game. And, in fact, "Santa" gave her the Giants version of the game this year, since last year she got Skylanders, and she and her friends, cousins have been playing it ever since.

See 1 answered question