Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

Style Name: Rip Tide|Change

on January 14, 2014
First off, a lot of returning Skylanders in Swap Force all have a little title in front of their names.
For example, Prism Break is Hyper Beam Prism Break. Spryo is called Mega Ram Spyro. Chill is called Blizzard Chill.

The reason be, is they start as their regular/default selves then as you go through their talent tree/pathways/upgrades, whatever you'd like to call it. You upgrade them and then in game they will become what their model is.

For Example,
Prism Break here starts with blue crystals, then turns green once you upgrade him at a certain point, at the very end of the pathway you can upgrade him red (which just gives him more damage).
It is the SAME for every other Skylander. Mega Ram Spyro also starts as regular Spyro, you just go through his upgrades and after the pathways you can upgrade him with his Mega Ram horn version.

As for Prism Break, he is fun and look cool. I like how he actually changes his crystal colors more than twice.
on December 20, 2015
My son begged for Skylanders for Christmas. Got him both Swap Force and Trap Team. At the time, Trap Team cost $79.99 for the "starter kit". Quickly learned you had to keep buying new characters just to play the game.

Between Trap Team & Swap Force - plus all the additional characters, including Enchanted Hoot Loop, invested roughly $250+ on Skylander merchandise. It didn't take long for my son to tire of the game.
Worse, my 9-year-old son decided he didn't want the Skylanders anymore, so we took all the stuff to Game Stop (which buys used games and gaming equipment.
Received $0.25 store credit for Swap Force. 25 CENTS! Received $1.50 for Trap team!. Game Stop only wanted the game discs. Didn't want the portals, the trap pieces, nor any of the characters that came with the kits.
The various characters such as Enchanted Hoot Loop, Jade Fire Kraken, Wash Buckler, etc., fetched 50 cents to $2.00. In total, he ended up with about $15 in store credit. Skylanders - a HUGE ripoff!!

As for Kickoff Countdown - one did like this character.
on June 4, 2014
Kudos to the inventor of this video game. It is my trump card for getting school studies done. The promise of a sky lander is wonderful motivation for my six year old. It induces immediate spelling recall and I don't have to hear whining about how many math pages are to be done. With regard to the character my son loves him and loves how he destroys the bad guys....his words. Swash buckler was damaged by accident....please work on making him available soon.
on August 28, 2015
Ok, countdown is a pretty cool character. Better once he's upgraded of course. I prefer rocket path over bomb buddies. The big bonus of getting kick-off countdown over reg. Countdown is he is a special version (generally a stat boost for special skylanders).. but the big bonus of special swap force skylanders such as kick off countdown, Easter version of trigger happy & Jolly bumble blast is that their stat boosts come in the form of a hat u can use on any skylander. That's a huge improvement from previous game offerings. These guys r worth it for their fabulous hats & good news is, they're generally very inexpensive, as opposed to some other special versions like nitro or legendary which do not give u special hats. I got kick off countdown new for $1.99. Jolly Bumble blast pre owned for a few bucks & same w/ Easter version of trigger happy. So that adds to the beauty of these 3 special guys. I use kick off hat & jolly hat the most. Great stats. Triple boost from all 3 hats. I know soccer hat is speed, critical hit & health & jolly hat is speed, armor & health. Good #'s too. Can't remember spring time hat boosts but nice #'s on that too.

For ppl mentioning open pkg's.. while some may b from jerks who opened, be aware that skylander pkgs r not all that sturdy & often fall apart in stores.. I have purchased some as gifts & cover fell off b4 I could give gift. It's actually pretty common. If they don't work, u should absolutely exchange them tho. No reason u should b stuck w/ a non working item. Amazon will exchange, if seller gives u hard time, contact
Amazon directly. Gamestop, walmart, best buy all exchange if purchased there too. If u run into trouble contact Activision for replacement but it's obviously much easier thru store or Amazon if possible. Hope this helps.
on December 18, 2014
This character works fine, and is as advertised. The two star review is because it arrived already opened, and carefully re-packaged. Nothing wrong with it but I bought a new unopened product, not a "very good condition used" product. I expected better buying directly from amazon.
on March 22, 2014
Would have given 4 stars if package was sealed! The cardboard came detached from plastic cover, I figure that's why amazon has them , maybe they were returned by previous owners, but if that was the case why not just glue it back , I'm sure we wouldn't notice, anyway it works on portal and my son loved it! If i needed to wrap it as gift I would have glued it myself'
on December 17, 2015
Fun, cute, reasonably priced game figures that my niece just loves. I can't say anything bad about them.
I'm not a fan of "collector" style toys because I feel it's a cheap way to get kids to pressure their parents into buying them more and more stuff, but the fact that all these characters work on each new release of the Skylanders game is really appreciated. No need to replace them with all new ones every time a set comes out.
on November 3, 2015
Bought these as a birthday present for a friend’s kid. He is into the Skylanders world and we figured he would like this. Of course we were right! He loved them and wants to collect more. The toys seemed to be a good quality but we did not unpackaged them, just giftwrapped them. Last we heard he is playing with them a lot! A good gift for someone in the world of Skylanders!
on April 8, 2015
I'd like to give this product one star because it's really annoying to play against in player vs. player mode, but that really means it deserves a good rating. Zoo Lou is a pretty interesting Skylander. His abilities come from summoning animals, like a flock of birds to fly toward the enemy, a boar to ride, and a wolf to fight and find food. These are pretty good skills; while the boar is kind of uninteresting in my opinion, the wolf finds food, which is very useful for both story and player vs. player mode, and the bird is a good attack all-around.
on February 23, 2014
This was a gift for my 12 yr old granddaughter & she loves it. Why these kids love these things is beyond me as they are really ugly, but they seem to be the great thing now. So it met all her expectations.