Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Edition: Zap - Scorpion Striker - Hot Dog|Change

VINE VOICEon February 9, 2013
Note: This is currently listed at Amazon at two different pages, both the one you are reading now and this one: Skylanders Giants Battle Pack #2: Zap - Scorpion Striker - Hot Dog. Make sure you compare the prices at both pages!

This is a cool set of three figures to use with Skylanders Giants. It includes a fun magic item and two figures, which I'll describe below.

Before that, though, a few warnings. First, watch out for scalpers. The pack was exclusive at Gamestop at the beginning of the year, but started to appear at its list price of $24.99 or less pretty much everywhere by mid-February. Unless you absolutely have to have it right away, you can save some money by calling Gamestop until they get one, or by waiting a few weeks until you find one. Second, while these three toys are compatible with the Skylanders Giants game, it does not include any actual "Giant" figures, just the three figures listed below. Finally, unlike the Adventure Packs in the last game, this battle pack does not unlock a new playable level, just a new battle mode area for PVP fights.

1) Scorpion Catapult: This is a "magic item" that you can use in the game for approximately for approximately 45 seconds each time you play a level. (You will see a circle on screen winding down the time, and can remove and re-add the cannon until your time is up.) If you add it to the portal, a catapult will appear in game, follow your Skylanders around, and shoot spiked explosives at your enemies. It's helpful in the boss battles and is fun, but is definitely not dominant. Once you use the catapult for the first time, you also unlocks a new PVP battle area -- the "Metal Hive Battle Arena."

2) Hot Dog: This is a new fire skylander. He doesn't have a charge move, so he can't cover ground as fast as some skylanders, and his armor value is very low, but otherwise, he's a lot of fun and very cute. He spits fireballs and can create a wall of flame that rolls forward, devastating your enemies. (Once unlocked, the Z attack is a ground pound style explosion that damages nearby enemies). Base scores: Health 250, Speed 43, Armor 6, Critical Hit 60, Elemental Damage 32.

3) Series 2 Zap: This is the updated version of the water dragon from the original game. He spits lightning, and can really zip around the screen on a water slide, which he can electrify after upgrades. He's basically the same as Series 1, except that he has access to a "Wow Pow" - in his case, an extra attack that he can add to his existing wave rider attack.

Basically, none of these figures are going to dominate your strongest skylanders, but they're lots of fun and can expand how you play the game. Recommended for hardcore Skylanders fans, at least if you can find it for list price.
on January 24, 2013
This is a great pack of characters and a battle accessory for Skylanders Giants. Hot Dog is a great new character and Zap is a series 2 figure of a figure from Spyro's Adventure, so he is backwards compatible with that game. I got mine because I pre-ordered it from GameStop, but soon these will be available regularly in GameStop as well as in other retail stores for about $24.99, so don't buy from greedy scalpers on Amazon.
on September 4, 2015
Unfortunately, most overcharge for this considering its age since release due to Hot Dog being included. His swap force character (Fire Bone Hot Dog) is the more rare of the 2, but both r very cool to play w/. Fire Bone is worth more due to Wow Pow also since Giants version only has the soul gem power. Both paths r fun. The comet slam 1 is more powerful tho as opposed to wall of fire path. I have Molten Hot Dog also so I am able to have 1 on each path & keep Fire Bone on best path. Molten is not nearly as cute as regular hot dog tho.

Zap is awesome. Some ppl love him & some think he's ok. I think he's a lot of fun & enjoy zapping baddies w/ his sea slime & electricity combos. His dash is super handy when using sea slime attack. Any skylander w/ a dash move has an edge above others in my opinion. Helps u escape trouble quicker & good for speed needs in game. In fact, his sea slime dash is a HUGE help in the icy level where u have to navigate thru pools of ice. Very difficult for skylanders w/o a dash move. Much more manageable w/ dash.

Catapult is cool for a battle item. I often forget to use these pcs. in game but nice to have. Overall a great pk to have. I'd recommend. 2 great skylanders & a catapult. Can't go wrong.
on July 14, 2015
Water and fire is a good balance they have heavy damaging attacks and abilities although the soul gem abilities should be improved changed as they are only useful in the first respective game they are from. Secondly in the future they should make it like sames where you can pick any 2 Skylanders place them in a bag and pay one Price to avoid duplicates.(I know I'm talking about chips but I am just saying.
on February 14, 2013
I found the battle pack at Gamestop for the regular price of $25. I just asked when they got new shipments of Skylanders figures, showed up that morning & they even opened the box to find it for me!

My son had been wanting Hot Dog, specifically, and wasn't disappointed. Hot Dog is a cute figure with some fun catch phrases. His powers aren't dramatically different from some of the other fire figures, but he is pretty powerful when upgraded. His obvious dog-inspired design probably helps make him a favorite for my son. Zap is a fun character too. His attacks are not as powerful as other figures, but he's fast and can avoid injury with his speed. So it may take him a little longer to defeat an opponent, but he can avoid a lot of injury through speed. This set was definitely a big hit with our son!
on September 9, 2014
This is NOT a pack of Giant Skylanders! This is a pack of Skylanders that can be played in the Skylanders Giant game. There is a big difference! Don't make the mistake I made and think that this is a pack of Giants.
on February 20, 2014
Skylanders is a wonderful game system, that I am able to enjoy with my grandson without all the blood and guts that you find with other Video games. Also lets him learn to read along with the story line. I really believe I hit a homerun with this system.
on July 9, 2013
I believe the only way to get the scorpion striker is to get the battle pack. But Zap is pretty difficult to find as well, so we bought this set. Even though we have Molten HotDog this was still a great purchase and we were lucky enough to get it for I believe $19. This was a no brained hit me, not to mention now we can battle Molten Hot Dog vs Hot Dog. Very fun!
on August 13, 2013
Product in container and looks the same as buying this in the store. Better price though! It's a lot better than driving from store to store trying to add to your collection, and coming up with nothing. Arrived sooner than I had thought. Altogether a good shopping experience.
on March 11, 2013
This three pack was reasonably priced considering it contains the coveted "Hot Dog" Skylander and my grandson was thrilled with it. I really dislike that some people are selling the newly released Skylanders for such inflated prices, so we considered this a good deal. Grandson claims all three Skylanders are "awesome" (though he clarified that Scorpion Striker is not an actual Skylander, but more of an accessory item).