Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

Edition: Giants NinjiniChange

on March 6, 2013
Do not pay over the $15 price. Yes you can even wait to get it here from amazon at the regular price. My daughter wants ninjini as her reward for doing extra reading homework assignments and the such. I spent two days driving around and hitting every store with no luck. I kept checking amazon also since I am a prime member and refuse to pay twice the asking price from trolls who jack up the prices of kids toys! With some Internet detective work I found the site nowinstock.net and could see the times ninjini was in stock on amazon. Currently that is around anywhere from 3 am to 5 am est yes that is early but my husband gets up then so I just leaned over grabbed my phone checked amazon and there she was Ninjini in stock with prime shipping. I hit one click purchase and was done! Now I will have my daughters reward gift in hand when she puts her last sticker on her chart. I LOVE AMAZON!
PS thank you to follow up commenters who pointed out I had mixed up the website I used. I corrected it some others mentioned other website they found useful for alerts.
3131 comments209 of 232 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2013
Like most Portal Masters, I have watched, I have waited, I have hunted. And finally, a Ninjini is in my possession!

Speed: Fast
To my surprise, all over the web I am hearing people talk about how slow Ninjini is, but how wrong they are! The Giants are obviously not the quickest, but out of all the Giants Ninjini is most definitely the fastest. Most Giants are, of course, programmed with the idea that they are big bulky creatures with heavy footsteps, but Ninjini floats, and therefore gets around faster.

Primary Attack:
Those blades aren't just for show! Ninjini wields her dual blades with no mercy. However, they do move a bit slowly, as devastating as they are. Her special combo is wonderful for when surrounded by small enemies, like Mace Majors. If you choose the Swords of Might path (which I personally recommend), your Wishblades do maximum damage, you gain two new combos, and you gain the deadly Wishbladespolsion ability.

Secondary Attack:
Come now, you had to know a genie Skylander would incorporate a bottle! According to the character backstory, Ninjini was imprisoned in the bottle for quite some time while she perfected her skills as a swordswoman until she gathered the strength to break free. In game, she can withdraw into the bottle and sneak up behind enemies, and also fire "bottle rockets" out of it. With the Ancient Djinn Magic path your bottle is both stronger and moves faster, and the now faster bottle rockets deal more damage in a wider area. When you burst out of your bottle you also cause a bit of damage to your enemies.

Tertiary Attack:
What would a genie be if she couldn't do a little magic? Pressing attack three makes her fire off a magical purple sphere; this makes her one of those wonderful Skylanders that can do both up close melee damage and deal damage from a distance. When upgraded you can fire four at once in random directions, and choosing the Ancient Djinn Magic path gives you Super Surrealistic Spheres.

Soul Gem:
This is a semi-handy ability that only seems to work on small enemies. While in her bottle, Ninjini emits a magical smoke that stuns her enemies, allowing them to be easily damaged. I like using this on Mohawk Cyclopses, since they're such annoying little buggers.

The Figure:
Due to the scraping and scrabbling over this Skylander, I have decided to keep her in the package for collectability. From what I can see of the figure though, her paint job is actually pretty sloppy. I've noticed that a lot of the Giants figures have slightly shoddy paint jobs compared to the ones from Spyro's Adventure. The way her smoky tail is done is gorgeous, but her swords and bottle are kind of cartoony, and bit of her bracer is actually unpainted altogether. Her eyes, however, are absolutely stunning when lit up on the portal.

Out of all the Giants, she is my absolute favorite. Of the four Giants I have, I enjoy playing her so much I had her up to level eleven with all of her upgrades within a few hours! My Tree Rex wasn't even fully upgraded until about a week ago, and I've had him since the beginning. I wish she would become widely available so everyone could enjoy her like I have! 10/10

Interesting little feature; unlike most Giants, who use their brute strength to lift obstacles and reign in chained islands, Ninjini uses telekinesis.
0Comment22 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2013
My son has been waiting patiently for Ninjini to be available in the stores. I refused to pay $50+ for a figurine. I just walked into Gamestop today for something else and there she was. I paid the normal $14.99 and my son is happy as a clam. She has cool upgrades and "floats" around which is a big deal to my son. So for those of you who want her keep checking your local stores. She's out there.
0Comment60 of 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2013
Please don't buy this item from on amazon or ebay. You'll waste your money. There are too many people trying to get rich off what ... a little character. Don't listen to the other poster about Ninjini being "rare" either .... okay maybe it's rare now but just wait until after Easter. Then you'll eventually find one for $15. Neway thanks for reading my post. Good luck :)
22 comments115 of 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2013
April 9th, 7:30 am....I bought my son his Skylander Giant Ninjini right here on Amazon.com for....
$14.99! That's right! No paying gougers triple price or having to pay ridiculous shipping...
If you are like me (a parent trying to find this fool thing) then trust me...you'll get one with a little effort and maybe a touch of luck. After searching for a month and cycling through ebay and the amazon vendor markets, I finally read through some of the reviews here and there is even a website that I can't mention apparently that will even tell you that the item is NOW IN STOCK.net. It sends you texts alerts when Amazon and other places gets the item in stock. It helped me get mine through Amazon. Don't stop believing..you WILL get one!
11 comment15 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2013
Don't buy this at these high over priced offers. Go to [...]and sign up for their alerts...they will alert you when Amazon or others have it for a normal price...that's how I found mine. It might take a day or two but if you sign up for the text alerts it will happen....including shipping...for less than half this price or better! I don't know why people want to over charge parents/grandparents/family for a child's toy. It would be different if this was rare...but it's not. It's just new.
11 comment14 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2013
I have to thank all the posters who offered their advice to not fall prey to the price gouging. I tried what another reviewer did, leaving a window open and refreshing periodically. Sure enough, on one lucky hit, Amazon for $14.99. Hang in there hunters!
11 comment23 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2013
How I bought two Ninjini's on Amazon at regular price:

Opened a Ninjini product window and kept it open all day in another tab. Through out the day I refreshed the page. At around 9:30 PST, she showed up as being sold by Amazon for $14.99. I quickly added them to my cart but the site said "We're sorry that item is not longer available."

So I thought to myself "Sometimes people eagerly buy stuff and then delete it from the cart. I'm just going to refresh one more time". I waited about 30 seconds and refreshed again. This time I was able to add two to my cart.

I got one for me, and one for my neighbors who only have Ninjini left to complete their entire collection of all Skylanders.

I didn't pay a dime over retail.

Just be patient. Don't give in to the schmucks who are inflating the price because of a temporary demand being higher than an increasing supply. Soon things will even out and you'll see these at the stores in abundance.

Good luck. She is a fun character and my kids are very happy to have her (and I'm happy to have not paid more than necessary).
11 comment9 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2013
I just bought one for 14.99 at my local GameStop. Just wait a little while and keep calling them. They're also showing up at Toys R Us according to online sources.
0Comment19 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 6, 2013
went out of my way to find this character as cheap as possible it had not been released in my area yet. but for anyone who plays this is a mid range character not very fast and not super strong. i have been bonding with my kids playing this game in particular and have noticed she is not one of there favorites but good to have a complete collection