Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skylanders SWAP Force: Lightcore Smolderdash Character
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Style Name: Lightcore Smolderdash|Change

on October 19, 2013
I have all of the main Skylanders from each game (with the exception of a few super rare variants), and I can say that this is in the top 3 of my all time favorites, and probably tied with "Sunburn" for best of the "Firelanders".

Looks: Smolderdash looks a little dull at first in her package, but the lightcore version really adds some cool aesthetics when placed on the PoP. In game, she has a soft glow at normal, and when she powers up she looks like a blazing fire. The almost "silhouette" look of the character is bold and really stands out in the collection. Her main weapon is a firewhip which is well animated. Gotta love the hairdo!

Abilities: Smolderdash takes some getting used to at first, but once powered up has the potential to deal some major damage. At first, she seems a bit unarmored and vulnerable. She is a mid-range brawler type and has a slow projectile, so ranged attacks must be well planned and aimed. She isn't the fastest on her feet. But later she gets an ability to "jump like a dragoon" and land like a meteor dealing massive area damage, gets some upgraded armor, and gets upgraded speed. She also gets an ability to "whip" one of her projectiles and create a fire barrier that damages enemies on contact, and her ultimate attack is a flame dashing attack that deals major damage.

Value: Although the only version you can get now is the $12-$14 lightcore version, I still feel that for the money this is a worth while purchase. In fact, due to the limited amount of color on the actual model, the lightcore version really adds something for this particular Skylander. Most of the lightcore Skylanders are really only worth getting for the serious collectors, or if it is one of your favorites; but if you are going to get any of the lightcore variants, this is the one to get.

*These are not the actual values, but my own personal "out of ten" ratings*
Overall HP: 6/10
Speed: 6/10
Attack: 10/10
Armor: 7/10
Ability List: 10/10
Uniqueness: 9/10
on April 2, 2014
She's pretty decent, though she is not a powerhouse. She is really good either way (that's why I say 'decent') because both of her upgrade paths are pretty useful in their own way. The Crystal Path focuses on offense and health, and the "Dancing" path focuses on continual damage and quick getaways.
on October 19, 2013
She looks great as a figure, you set her on the portal and her eyes and fire hair glow red. In the game she's even more awesome, she powers up by catching on fire wihich then makes all of her other attacks more devastaing (whip attack, firey explosions etc.). She has short downtime after powering up, where she then "Smolders", in which the flame dims and smoke rolls off her dark figure, very cool. Makes my top 10 list of skylanders past and presesnt.
review image
on January 7, 2014
This is my son's rating:

I like her a lot. She's pretty cool. Her powers are good, I just wish you could swap her with another character.
on December 17, 2015
Fun, cute, reasonably priced game figures that my niece just loves. I can't say anything bad about them.
I'm not a fan of "collector" style toys because I feel it's a cheap way to get kids to pressure their parents into buying them more and more stuff, but the fact that all these characters work on each new release of the Skylanders game is really appreciated. No need to replace them with all new ones every time a set comes out.
on May 29, 2016
One of my all time favorite Skylanders. We have as a family just about every figure released to date while me myself I only collect the undead ones. I have them all aside from the 4 really expensive toy fair variants. but this guy is super cool. And him lighting up when used is awesome in a dim room :) His moves are rad and special is my personal fav...!
on March 8, 2014
My son loves Skylanders of any kind and wants them all.
Haven't found a skylander yet that isn't fun to play with, in and out of the game!
* Son was disappointed that this character does not look red in the game.
* They shouldn't make them look different on the outside and not the same when you play them in the game.
We would still recommend though.
on August 9, 2014
What I like most about this Skylander is that it's the "lightcore" version, so it actually lights up when you place it on the portal. My son was pretty excited about that, too. We bought Grim Creeper (along with Stink Bomb) for his 7th birthday. Those two Skylanders were difficult to find in stores, but thankfully, Amazon had it in stock. My son loves Grim Creeper, and it's one of the Skylanders that he uses most often.
on February 22, 2015
My son loves all of these Skylander SWAP Force characters. I don't think any are his favorites. He puts them on and takes them off the "Orb" and swaps them around so quickly I get dizzy. Good product, good price.
on July 3, 2014
He is grim. He apparently is a creeper (though he seems to do more running in the game than anything else). And he has crystals for hands. He blows stuff up and kills enemies. In other words he works as advertised. And my son HAD to have him. HAD to. He has probably used it a few times since I bought it. So much for burning desire...