Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skylanders SWAP Force Triple Character Pack: Lava Barf Eruptor, Slobber Tooth, Super Gulp Pop Fizz
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Style Name: Lava Barf Eruptor - Slobber Tooth - Super Gulp Pop Fizz|Change

on November 14, 2013
These characters are all great. Buying in the triple pack saves several bucks too. Spyro is his series 3 incarnation, Chill is her Series 2 (She wasn't in the first game) and Zoo Lou is an all new Series 1 character. You can get a black and gold legendary Zoo Lou at Toys R Us, but he has one of the most unique color palettes in a Skylanders character so I highly recommend the White, brown and green normal edition.

Note: These are not Swap characters. There seems to be a lot of confusion on the part of parents buying for their kids. The Swap characters are sold either single or now in double packs. They are 15.99 each single and 29$ in the two pack. Those are the characters that you can mix and match tops and bottoms with. All characters from all games work in the Swap-Force game, but not all characters are Swap-characters. There is an icon on the packaging to denote whether the character is a Series 1, 2 or 3, whether it's lightcore or swappable. And just because these characters don't swap, it doesn't mean they suck. Far from it. They're just as powerful.

Also, Series 2 and 3 characters are backwards compatible with any game that they were in to begin with. So if you're just starting out and Swap Force is your first skylanders game, Series 3 Spyro works in Skylanders Giants and the original Skylander Adventure of Spyro games. So you can buy the previous games and get further value out of these characters and not have to buy Series 1 or 2 characters from the first two games if you have the swap force series 2 or 3. I know it can be hard for parents to keep up with this all. If you have any questions, send me a message. As an avid collector, I'll happily answer any questions you have.
1414 comments|128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2013
All those looking to purchase these kits, understand that Swap Force is the third generation of this franchise. Just like Giants before, the Swap Force figures are the special figures while the original skylanders are reimagined with new appearances, a higher level cap, and different abilities. No, these particular figures do not swap, but if you do the research before you buy you will find that Activision has released multiple swap force characters that will make your children very happy and keep them entertained. Just look for the " swap" logo on the front of the box, it is similar to the lightcore image and is usually found in the center of the package just below the window to view the character. Swap force is not " deceptive marketing," it is Activision hoping that the public will research and understand their purchases before making them.
on July 19, 2014
Skylanders, while expensive, are great for use as bribes-- and the three-pack is a more affordable way of buying them than buying one at a time. My kids think the names are hilarious-- especially Lava Barf Eruptor-- and now our toddler has a new nickname-- so the toys have been fun for the whole family. They of course are fun for the older two when they put them on the "portal of power" and magically see the figure appear in the Skylanders video game-- but the figures have also been a huge hit even when the TV is turned off. My two older kids like to line them up and stage pretend fights. They figures are pretty sturdy and so far, after more than 6 months of hard play, no pieces have broken off and they all still look like new (and work great with the game, too).
on June 17, 2016
First off, I'll say that Skylanders is definitely a pretty expensive hobby. Buying the games costs money, and then buying the figures to unlock extra content in the games costs even more money, and with rare variants of the Skylanders... you get the point.
I bought the Spyro/Chill/Zoo Lou Triple Pack; although my family already has Zoo Lou, we wanted the Spyro and Chill figures, and it actually cost less to buy all three than to buy just the other two figures separately. As it stands, that's actually a pretty good deal. I'm also having a lot of fun with these figures in their games, to be honest. Although selling the figures to unlock content that feels like it should already be available from buying the game feels like a rip-off, it's still kind of cool to have those figures contain their own saved data that can be transported between games and such - the figurine really adds a fun collectible element to them, and it's undoubtedly cool for the kids the game is marketed towards.
on August 17, 2015
I bought these for my boys for their birthdays. These are a great addition to get additional characters for the SwapForce game without shelling out as much money as it costs for the swapable characters. They play perfectly and have been great fun to play in the game!
on March 12, 2015
I didn't have a Gill Grunt or a Trigger Happy since I came in with the Swap Force game, and this was good. Otherwise, there is no reason to get this set as those 2 figures aren't much better in this set and there are special Star Strikes elsewhere.
on July 16, 2014
Bought for my 5 yr old grandson. He loves Skylanders and has developed good motor and problem solving skills with the game. I buy him new figures as a reward for doing his chores so he knows the value of what he gets. These triple packs are an excellent way to purchase figures at a more reasonable cost than single purchases. I give out 1 at a time as he completes his assigned duties.
on November 23, 2014
This is a gift for my grandson at Christmas. He has been wanting these for quite awhile to go with his game. I was very happy that I found these for him. I am sure that he will really like this very much. I was very happy to receive the package to quickly, so I can get it sent off to him.
on December 6, 2013
We recently got the Skylanders Swap Force for the kids, and I think I play it just as much as they do. We had never owned any Skylander games before, so the whole system was new to us. I ordered these knowing that they are NOT SWAPABLE, I do enjoy the swap characters, but know these are just as powerful and fun, plus you can't beat the 3/$25 price tag! Great Value! Each character has it's own abilities and you are able to upgrade to more abilities playing the game.
on December 29, 2013
This is one of the cheapest way to buy the figures for swap force if you don't mind getting the new series of returning characters. With free shipping at the normal price they are only 8.33 per figure. If you already have Pop Fizz and Eruptor you can always skip this pack and just get Slobber Tooth on his own.