Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Size: 9x7x3|Change

on October 10, 2012
As a few other reviewer pointed out, there are some issues with the limited amount of room in economy. I just got back from a 15hr flight to Australia and had plenty of time to figure it out. I used it on a 747 and A380 and was comfortable on both.

The first thing you need to do is inflate it completely, then try to rest on it. Then while resting on it, allow air to escape (by slightly unscrewing the valve) to adjust the height until you find it comfortable. I found that it was best when I used U-pillow (the type normally used to support your neck on a flight) on top of the skyrest pillow. It allowed me to put my face straight down, not to the side, and still be able to breath normally.

The only other trick I found that really helped, was to then stuff the little pillow provided by the airline, between my back and the seat to help maintain posture. I found without it, my back could move and I would start to slump down. With the pillow, my back was supported allowing my to maintain a better posture while I slept.

I also found the hand pocket at the back to be extremely useful. If your on the aisle, your arm can easily drop into passageway getting hit by people and crew. I found I could stuff that hand in the pocket, which would then keep it there the entire time I slept.

If you have a plane (in this case the A380) with touch screen entertainment systems, this will actually turn the screen on. Having a bright screen 1/2" from your face when trying to sleep doesn't help. The trick is to push the pillow against the screen while it is turned on, then turn it off while maintaining contact with the screen. Then the screen will remain off while the pillow still touches it.

Enjoy.
88 comments|310 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2008
This pillow changed plane travel for me. I am a travel agent and traveler. I simply cannot sleep with my neck vertical. I have to get my head side ways or I will just hover between sleep and wake. After years of restless travel and neck aches from trying to cram my head onto tray tables I found this pillow on line. Ok, I admit I felt a little silly when I pulled it out on the plane the first time but I arrived at my destination relatively well rested. Basically you can shove this thing into/on a variety of areas and angles and sort of get your weight on top of it with your neck supported in a horizontal position. If you are in a window seat you can also shove it in the crack and sort of "lie" on your side. If you are big or tall you may want to bring something else to put under it to lift it up a bit like a jacket or neck pillow. I can't say it will work for everybody but it really improved things for me. I tell a lot of my clients about it.
33 comments|175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2010
Like anything else having to do with sleeping comfort, whether or not you will like the Skyrest is a highly individual matter. If you usually sleep on your stomach, this product is probably the best you will find.

If you are tall (like me) put it on the tray table with an airline pillow on top and a blanket over that. You can also put it flat on your lap if you are shorter. You can under- or over-inflate it to taste. And it inflates about 2/3 of the way just in the process of unfolding it. I have had success with it regardless of what the person in front of me does, as long as he/she doesn't change position frequently.

That said, it is a bit bulky when deflated. The sleeve on the front intended for your hands is only adequate if you have small hands and narrow shoulders. I would also guess that it might not be too comfortable if you are significantly overweight. Moreover, the surface is not very plush, so plan on using the airline's blanket over it. And it works best when its use is preceded by a glass of Merlot and two PM Tylenol.

However, I have used this product on multiple West Coast to Europe trips and it is the best option that I have found.
22 comments|116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2009
Good in theory and works well in Economy Plus, but if you're in the regular coach section, there is simply not enought room to use this pillow, especially if the person in front of you puts her/his seat back.
on November 29, 2007
Here's the issue--you lean on the pillow, the pillow is on the tray table, and the tray table is connected to the seat of the person in front of you.

So when you shift, they feel it. Leads to awkward social situations.

The construction of the product is good. When deflated, it is on the bulky side, though.

I bought mine a while ago, tried it a few times, and then put it away. Another issue is that this posture isn't really that comfortable, even if the seat in front of you is empty. In particular if the person in front doesn't have their seat reclined, you'll be pretty far forward.

I'm going to give this other product: "First Class Sleeper Travel Pillow" a try.
88 comments|115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2008
We have three Sky Rest pillows and recently used them on a trip to Europe. They were wonderful! On the way over, I used it on my tray table as a pillow and was easily able to sleep leaning forward. On our return flight, we had an exit row with no seats in front of us. We loved putting our feet up on the Sky Rest pillows as a sort of ottoman. My husband, who is 6'5" has never been so comfortable on an airplane.
We are heading to Asia in March and will each be taking a Sky Rest
with us. We will also be recommending the Sky Rest to all of our
friends and family.
on April 8, 2012
I hate long haul flying so tried this pillow along with many others.. The photo doesn't show that a seat back in front of you gets in the way, I am 5'7" and it wasn't high enough. The person in front of me complained I was impinging on her reclining and kept banging it back over and over. Very unpleasant and expensive.
on June 5, 2012
I had a 26-hour plane journey, and I wanted this badly. I'm not one who sleeps easily sitting up - or at all - so this was a long shot.

For me, it didn't work at all. It is made of plastic with a velour covering. It is comfortable for all of 5 minutes before every part of you touching the pillow is melting with heat.

I tried folding up a travel blanket on top of the pillow, but I just couldn't get comfortable. Is it worth a try? Maybe. For me (and my traveling companion, who also tried it it), it didn't work.

But I'm glad I bought it, because I would have been thinking "I wish I had that sleep pillow!" the entire trip if I hadn't had it. I tried it about 4 times in total on the trip - and maybe got 15 minutes of sleep total. I slept about that much just by leaning forward on the seat in front of me, so I didn't think this worked.

It is much too large to use on a smaller plane. It was fine on the large 777 that went overseats (with the 3-2-3 or 3-3-3 seats). I think trying to use this on a 737 or smaller would bother other passengers.
on May 23, 2011
It sounds great, but it didn't work well in practice. By the time you had blown the pillow up, there was no room in front of you, especially if the person in the seat in front of you had reclined his seat back. I never slept the whole trip and the pillow was a nuisance to my spouse whom I kept disturbing trying to find a good position for it. I wish I had my money back!
on November 1, 2008
I purchased this product in hope of getting some sleep on a 10 hr flight. I just could not get comfortable in the position necessary to use this product. Maybe it will work for others but not for me.