Customer Discussions > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - PC forum

Skyrim Still Hasnt Shipped Yet?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 58 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 10, 2011 4:28:10 AM PST
I know its obviously still possible for me to get Skyrim tomorrow with overnight shipping, but I dont understand why Amazon is doing it this way. They could save money with standard shipping or two day. Or am I the only one, has anyone's shipped yet?

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 4:38:18 AM PST
Sam Clemens says:
Mine hasn't shipped either, I'm guessing whatever agreements they use for prime are the one day shipping mechanism. I had some hope it would ship yesterday ground and be here already.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 5:07:32 AM PST
There's that, but the 11th is also a holiday. As far as I know UPS is still delivering, but I can't imagine it's cheap. I also saw somewhere that since the game requires activation through Steam and that won't be turned up till midnight other retailers have shipped early so that people can have the game installed by the time activation is available.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 5:24:56 AM PST
Ya thats true, im going to be playing release day regardless so its no biggie at all but if Amazon shipped early it would have made more sense financially for them and be more convenient for the people that absolutely have to play it the second it's activated on Steam. There must be some reason legally that they are bound to where they have to have it released 11-11 regardless of weather they can play it or not because of the activation.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 5:43:53 AM PST
Xander says:
Mine has Release day shipping on it still, but hasnt shipped yet or gone to shipping soon. Hopefully they dont screw this up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 5:57:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2011 5:57:36 AM PST
R. Rawson says:
Release day shipping is Next Day Air. I've seen games ship as late as 10-11pm EST and still arrive the next day.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 6:28:53 AM PST
Hold your pants on....you'll be getting your games on-time.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 6:39:16 AM PST
Sensical says:
Hahaha video games mess with people's minds. I'm with you guys, I want my game NOW lol. I noticed it hadn't shipped also. Worst case scenario, though, it doesn't show up so I have to pick one up locally and return my Amazon order. That's the good thing about PC gaming around my neck of the woods: there aren't many PC gamers so there are always PC copies to be had at the big box stores.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 6:41:55 AM PST
ix88 says:
Mine has not shipped yet either. I just hope I don't get it like at night-time tomorrow. I will be upset!

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 6:43:42 AM PST
its been changed from not shipped yet to shipping soon so thats a good sign

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 6:47:16 AM PST
They ship out tonight next day air. It will be on a truck in your town tomorrow morning.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 7:23:43 AM PST
Glenn Morgan says:
Not too worried, if I don't get my game as promised on 11-11 it will be shipped back unopened full refund. After all it is on Steam, I already have a Steam account, I will just buy it on Steam. Or my second choice would be go to my local Game Stop / Best Buy / Walmart, Saturday morning and pick up a copy. Amazon will loose the business, yeah being in a competitive world does suck.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 7:38:31 AM PST
I already preloaded from Steam last night. I'll definitely be getting mine.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 8:25:25 AM PST
Xander says:
Yeah looks like it will be okay, mine poped to Shipping Soon too. Lucky Europeans and Pacific folk, they all HAVE the game already. Americans really get screwed when games release on the same day world wide, everyone else seems to be a day ahead.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 8:57:13 AM PST
J. Cruz says:
I've pre-ordered games on Amazon and they charge/ship your item at midnight and it still ends up arriving on release day.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 9:00:34 AM PST
What J Cruz says. If you get a shipped email than you will get it tomorrow. I usually get it in the afternoon anywhere from 1 - 4 pm.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 9:00:52 AM PST
Here in the states, they have distribution centers all over the country. It isn't like they're all shipping from Bethesda's HQ at midnight. I can assure you they've been sitting in Amazon DC's since at least a week ago and they will only have to hit a local truck to make it to your door.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 10:15:37 AM PST
I'm still wary of getting it tomorrow. The game went gold a week ago, I highly doubt amazon is going to get them out on time.

Dark Souls was the same way. Mine said shipping soon for 2 days before I canceled it and bought it locally.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 10:52:12 AM PST
H. Le says:
UPS and FedEx (and also Amazon) tracking update is always behind the actual package. If you have guaranteed release date delivery or a prime member, Amazon ships out today by FedEx Standard Overnight or UPS Next Day Air Saver from warehouses at different locations. Check back tonight and you should see "in transit". And by tomorrow mid-morning, "out for delivery".

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 11:07:20 AM PST
S. Conway says:
I just checked mine and it said "Shipped".

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 12:15:51 PM PST
Anonymous says:
Mine says Shipping soon today. Hope I get it tomorrow.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 12:26:58 PM PST
I've preordered lots of stuff for release date delivery and I've always received my order on time, on the promised date. Don't go by the shipping status, it's not always accurate. It may say "shipping soon" but it's entirely possible that your order has already shipped. Several times that I've preordered for release date delivery I didn't even receive the shipping notification email until after my package was delivered. Bottom line: RELAX, you'll get your stuff.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 12:50:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2011 12:51:43 PM PST
VictorVUSA says:
Got an email notification from Amazon that Skyrim shipped, partially pasted below. For comparison regarding progress of notification & shipping, my pre-order was placed on August 7th. Apparently, I saved 3 cents off retail :-?

Tracking info shows as follows:

November 10, 2011 01:35:03 PM US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

UPS.com surprisingly has *less* detail, only reporting that a shipping label has been printed, the shipping type is "UPS Next Day Air Saver®" and that the package weighs 11.70 lbs.

Subject: Your Amazon.com order of "Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Co..." has shipped!
Date: Thu, November 10, 2011 3:31 pm

Amazon.com Shipping Confirmation
Order #XXXXXXXX

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings XXXX X XXXX!

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this completes
your order. Your order is being shipped and cannot be changed by you or by our
customer service department.

Your estimated delivery date is:
Friday, November 11, 2011
Track your package at
http://www.amazon.com/gp/css/history/view.html/XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Your shipment was sent to:
XXXXXXX
United States

Your package is being shipped by UPS and the tracking number is XXXXXX.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 2:11:24 PM PST
Alex Chang says:
I ordered my copy from NewEgg. Order shipped early this morning via UPS. I'll prob get it tomorrow =)

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 4:24:01 PM PST
Glenn Morgan says:
I'll probably get screwed. Mine still say " shipping soon " not a good sign.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  44
Total posts:  58
Initial post:  Nov 10, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - PC
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - PC by Bethesda Softworks (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (1,129)