Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Martha Stewart American Made Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now HTL

Format: Kindle EditionChange

on November 23, 2015
I have no words except for beautiful and so unique.
on November 21, 2015
on November 19, 2015
You must read this book! Beautifully written! Colleen will always be a one click for me!
on November 18, 2015
I simply just fell in love with yet another book by Colleen Hoover. I wasn't actually going to read this book because I read that it was about slam poetry, and that just didn't sound interesting to me. But I decided to read it anyways, and I'm glad I did!

I absolutely loved Layken and Will. I'm not sure why some maybe people didn't really care for Layken (because she is immature) of course she was immature at times she a 18 year old girl in high school. I really loved Will, hes such a good guy and hes just trying so hard to do the right things. Although he was pissing me off with his "Weak moments" lol. This book is quite sad, but I wouldn't say it's depressing. Colleen has a way with her writing that just makes you feel so much. This book almost made me right, I never even cry watching movies (besides The Fault in Our Stars) lol.
on November 17, 2015
This book contains so much loss and just as much love. Can't wait to get more of Will and Lake in the upcoming book.
on November 15, 2015
I read this book based on a friend's recommendation. It was absolutely amazing! It had you on so many ups and downs through out the entirety of it. I won't give anything away, but just when you think that it's another sappy teenage romance, BAM plot twist... it was one of the best I read in a long time. The author wrote beautifully and it was almost like you were the character after awhile!
on November 13, 2015
I put this book off for a while thinking, “Poetry? I don’t like poetry.” I was very quickly schooled on the difference in poetry and Colleen Hoover style POETRY. Please PLEASE don’t let this aspect of the story deter you from reading it, because you will regret it. I regret putting it off as long as I did.

I honestly can't put all of my feelings for this series into words. The amount of love I have for this book and these characters and Colleen Hoover as a human being is unhealthy. I've read and recommended this series more times than I can count. The level and ease at which she writes is unparalleled and effortless.

This is a quick, easy read. It’s not overly wordy or descriptive but still gives you ALL the feels. It’s just enough. The characters, primary and supporting, have depth and development. They feel real. They aren’t perfect or wealthy or insanely attractive. They have flaws and can be annoying and whiney at times, but this is what keeps them “real”.

“Imperfection defines perfection”

SLAMMED is perfection.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Lake is uprooted from Texas and thrown in to a new life in Michigan. A young girl grieving the sudden loss of her father must now learn to move on. Yet the world around her continues to give her obstacles that seem nothing but unfair.
This was the very first book I read by Colleen Hoover and let me tell you, I was a lifer from then on. I love love love Slammed. I was so tuned and trapped by the characters and their lives. It was as if every word, every action was felt.

This was an amazing book, one that I know will be on my re read list.

Will is the forbidden or is it Lake that is forbidden?

A grieving lost girl finds comfort in a neighbor, who grows to be one amazing friend. But the friendship quickly becomes more. Yet their is a twist that neither saw coming. Will is not only the attractive neighbor but also her teacher.
So any relationship other than friends is off limits. Honestly the friendship they begin to develop becomes one that should be a little to close to continue.
But things become once again a little to hard to handle and Lake reaches out for the one person she knows she can lean on.
on November 8, 2015
Entertaining, easy to read....I enjoyed it. Cute story but it made light of some pretty serious life matters. I would caution very young readers
on October 31, 2015
This book was absolutely positively one of the most touching books I have read in a long time!! The situations of Layken and Will are heart breaking. How they end up dealing with their situations is amazing. This book was read by me in one day because I just couldn't put it down. Make sure you are ready to both laugh and cry. This book is fabulous and if I could rate it higher than 5 stars I most certainly would.