Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Amazon Fashion Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on August 27, 2013
I mistakenly thought that everything would be written in the book, especially the recipes. I didn't realize that some things would just be linked to online content. I do like the menu plan - the recipes sound delicious!
on August 23, 2013
Although as the title suggests, the book is intended for shopping at Aldi. I was easily able to read through and adapt most ideas to my regular shops. The detailed shopping lists,menu ideas, and links to recipes made this book one that I will keep on hand in my favorites list.
on September 22, 2013
While there are many good hints and ideas in this book, they are basically the same hints and ideas that have been around for ages. Except for the information about Aldi's not being a discount grocery store. Also, she does not buy meat or milk at Aldi's, items which are usually a large part of a families grocery budget. So, how much savings would a family get on items that make up a more minor part of their budget?
on August 27, 2013
I did couponing, ad match, and stockpiling. I found it very time consuming to rely solely on loss leaders, not to mention unhealthy. I started asking God for help in being a good steward with our grocery budget. We had gained weight eating all that processed food. I love to cook and we love to eat! I had shopped at Aldis all my married life, 29+ yrs. Mostly to stock up on staples for my husband's winter lay offs due to his construction job. God began teaching me to eat foods He made instead of factory processed. Aldi has been my primary store for groceries for a while now. I only use other stores for the few name brand items Aldis doesn't carry. Now I almost always have some grocery cash left over to put in savings! Yes it takes a little time to cook from scratch or whole foods, but you control how much sugar and salt goes in and there are no preservatives! We are loosing weight even using real butter! This book provides menus, recipes and the grocery list for each week, I loved that. God has been after me to make a menu and ingredient list. I been putting that off because its hard to think of different meals, find the recipes, check the pantry and make the list...lol yes I know that sounds whiney even as I write it. Thankfully Carrie has done the hard part and a lot of her recipes my husband will eat! I loved this book and highly recommend!
on August 19, 2013
LOVE this book! I love how short and sweet it is. No chapters rambling on or stories that I could care less about. Real information all written in a nice organized fashion. I love that she mentions getting grass fed organic beef/meat locally, as we do the same. I have an Aldi close to my house, and because of rumors of 'no name brand food' have avoided it. Today I'm making my first trip to Aldi to really take a good look around at everything, and see what they have, and write down prices! Everyone is looking to save money, especially when you have a low income and need to support a family. We firmly believe that feeding the body healthy foods is SO very important. Your health should always be a high priority, and eating healthy and organic makes a world of difference. LOVE this book, and will definitely recommend it to everyone I know! Thanks for a great read!
on February 24, 2014
I choose 2 stars because this book doesn't really tell you anything outside of what the Aldi website or a trip to Aldi could tell you - it's cheap! I love Aldi and I was hoping for a deeper insight into it but this was a disappointment in that aspect.
on August 19, 2013
I am mother of 7, so a family of 9, and it is refreshing to hear some ways that a busy mother can make a difference in her children's lives when it comes to eating! I am going to Aldi's next week! Thanks for the input of the store and we always have appreciated their prices!
on August 21, 2013
Eating real whole foods on a budget kid a challenge at best but Carrie takes us thru the aisles of aldi and to our dinner table with real food that doesn't break the bank
on August 25, 2013
I have been using aldi for years now and while nothing in this book was new to me I enjoyed the positive reinforcement of the basics of budgeting and healthful meal planning. As a single person menu planning is more complicated. The budgeting is the same though! I appreciated it and glad I purchased it.

Sarah
on October 29, 2013
its ok if you have a aldi in your area that carries all the items the book claims they carry at decent prices.. I checked a aldi I had to drive 40 minutes to get to and wasn't impressed with their inventory or prices. Bottom line I can shop my local wegmans and do better with deals and prices. Gues the truth is if you stay out of walmart you can save money