Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Slayers: Gorgeous
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 24, 2012
I bought this w/o having seen it first. I made a mistake. I love the Slayers series, but most of the OVA's are not very good. This plot has been done before in the TV series. With Prince Phil in Seiran. Lina and Naga enter a kngidon that has been usurped by the dragon master, Marlene. An ancient beast is unsealed and comes to destroy the kingdom. You know who has to stop it.

What a waste of everyone's time. I have all of the Slayers entries and this one is tied for the worst with the awful "Slayers Great". Unless you're like me and prefer to own a series in it's entirety then avoid spending money on this OVA. Like the other Slayers OVA's Lisa Ortiz isn't Lina Inverse. The animation is also poorly done. I know animation isn't one of the more impressive parts of the Slayers series, but this OVA is particularly bad. In addition to bad voice acting and animation, the story has been done already and has no interesting new characters. You're not missing anything.
VINE VOICEon March 21, 2004
Maybe, I'm just spoiled by all of the new Slayers movies, but this latest one seems significantly more derivitive and less funny than the rest. Not that it's bad, far from it; it just seems like this movie has less original material to offer. We've got another royal family feud, Lina and Naga choose opposite sides again and have another duel (though this one has a definitive winner), and so on. The last few releases gave me full on laughs where this one gives me a few chuckles (Lina's slipper slappings are one thing that never get old for me) but I didn't fall out of my chair this time. Still, you've got to love the princess in this one and the conclusion of her battle with Lina is pretty hilarious. Lina's "dragon-spooker" reputation also gets a good workout (much to her dismay) on this one as she faces off against a whole army of them. Cool stuff, but kind of a letdown in comparison to "Slayers Great". If you haven't seen that one, pick it up instead of this one.
on February 28, 2004
I love the Slayers movies and OVAs. I love them because of the interactions between Lina Inverse and Naga the Serpent. This movie puts Lina against Naga in a battle between some king and his daughter. The story is very weak, but the strength of the story is never the reason we become fans of Slayers anyway. This movie provides the reason why Lina is a dragon spooker. My main complaint about the movie is the change in character designs making Lina and Naga less cute.
I recommend this movie only for die hard fans of Slayers. Others will probably be underwhelmed.
on April 8, 2014
My daughter lovers the characters in these videos. She is learning about the "Dry" humor some people display. Overall a fun series to collect.