- File Size: 3922 KB
- Print Length: 366 pages
- Publisher: ebookpartnership.com; 1 edition (November 22, 2010)
- Publication Date: November 22, 2010
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004DNWJN6
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#698,289 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #252 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Science > Environment > Ecology
- #254 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Science > Environment > Weather
- #349 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Globalization
|Print List Price:||$22.95|
Save $13.00 (57%)
Slaying the Sky Dragon - Death of the Greenhouse Gas Theory Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This is a book that purports to discredit the hypothesis of man-made global warming due to carbon dioxide produced by the burning of fossil fuels. However, it contains much of what I would term "crackpot science" and so the book cannot be taken seriously. Worse than that, it is seriously misleading if used as a source of scientific information. Finally, it enables CAGW believers to say "Deniers are talking nonsense as usual".
My own position
My review of "Slaying the Sky Dragon - Death of the Greenhouse Gas Theory" is not complimentary so, for the avoidance of doubt, let me make my own position clear:
- I think that belief in catastrophic man-made climate change is akin to a religion which has many passionate believers, whose belief is based on faith rather than evidence.
- I think that the global warming mass delusion has resulted in immense harm in numerous ways.
- The evidence for global warming was based on analysis of temperature data with numerous problems of reliability but in any case the data has failed to show continued global warming for the past ten years or so.
- The evidence for CO2 being a threat is non-existent. The only "evidence" is computer models, which have been programmed by people with a strong desire to produce evidence for a strong relation between CO2 and global temperatures. But, as someone said, a computer model is an illustration of a hypothesis, it is not evidence.
I am sure that, at some time in the future, perhaps not in my lifetime, the whole thing will be recognized as the greatest mass-delusion of all time.Read more ›
The only adverse comment I make is that at the end of the book it allows the reader to download a complimentary companion eBook in PDF format. I downloaded it but the PDF simply would not open, instead an error message appeared. I downloaded it a second time but the same problem occurred. I have no idea what else I can do.
The two chapters that I have read online, written by Claes Johnson, seem to adopt an interesting "strategy" (whether it is a conscious choice or not, since it is hard to tell whether or not the author is deluding himself along with his audience). He presents a lot of mathematics almost sure to go over the heads of most of the readers of the book, but interspersed with some simplistic conclusions and analogies related to AGW that don't follow from the mathematics that he has presented. Thus, the reader who wants to believe these conclusions is left thinking, "See...Here is someone who has shown mathematically what I have suspected all along!" Alas, they don't realize that they are simply being duped.
One example of those who have unfortunately been duped is the reviewer here who states: "The global warming mechanism of carbon dioxide infrared radiation is impossible because heat can not flow from a cooler area (the atmosphere) to a warmer area (the earth surface). If this impossibility was the case it would violate the Clausius statement of the Second Law of Thermodynamics.Read more ›
So if actual science isn't working anymore. what's the solution?
Simple! Physics is wrong!
Apparently, quantum mechanics, the best tested, most accurate and dependable development in physics in history is wrong. You see the capacity of particles to behave as both particles and waves is schizophrenic crazy science! It's been proven time and again but no matter. The authors are convinced that science took a wrong turn in the middle of the eighteenth century and only they have the ability to steer it back.
They argue that conventional physics explanations of heat transfer from the atmosphere to space are flawed because they assign a very cold temperature to space. This is an error because space is a near perfect vacuum and thus has no significant matter to have a temperature. This acts as a near-perfect insulator, which is why the Space Station and spacesuits need radiators to dissipate heat. Except that if space is a near-perfect insulator, how do the radiators work? Energy from the sun has no problem travelling through space to earth but when that energy tries to leave, space is no longer so accommodating. This very convoluted attempt to demonstrate an obviously wrong concept is just one of the many pleasures to be had reading this book.
The authors also take issue with the idea of back-scatter radiation.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I only read a few chapters of this book before losing interest. The arguments are difficult to follow. I can't recommend this book.Published 10 months ago by George Miller
I like reading verifiable reports, unlike reading news articles / press releases from the criminals who pushed Global Warming on the rest is the planet.
Finally, the truth is told backed up with actual facts. Global warming is pure fiction invented for liberals to gain power and control over the masses.Published 22 months ago by Cheri Phillips
Technical articles are not easy to handle in electronic form, because jumping back and forth between chapters, figures and equations requires bookmarks on nearly every paragraph! Read morePublished on November 25, 2013 by R. J. Hopkirk
I have just skimmed the book, and I do not pretend that I have waded through all of the math. However, as a practicing scientist, professor, and business owner, I will say that the... Read morePublished on December 9, 2012 by Harvard Conservative
The first question for a book like this is how it could get published. You would think publishers would be required to impose some kind of quality control for what is supposed to... Read morePublished on June 18, 2012 by Mark T
It looks like the AGW is pretty much a joke now:) Thanks to real scientist and not proven liars of the IPCC.Published on April 27, 2012 by Joe M.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Public Affairs & Policy > Environmental Policy
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Globalization
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Climatology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Rivers
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Weather
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Public Affairs & Policy > Public Policy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Globalization
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Math > Environment > Ecology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Math > Environment > Weather