Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Thinking, Fast and Slow forum

Sleazy Amazon practice - two different prices for the Kindle edition of this book

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2011 9:49:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2011 9:50:26 PM PST
Bl0b says:
When I navigated to this book anonymously the Kindle price was $9.99. I clicked on the Buy Now with 1 click, I logged in, and voila it tells me the book is not available in my country (US) due to copyright restrictions. I went back to the book and now the price changes to $12.99!! I didn't try to buy it again.

What's going on? Why there are two prices?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2012 8:19:01 AM PST
Something similar going on here. For the following book,

Extra Virginity: The Sublime and Scandalous World of Olive Oil

I am being quoted $9.34 on one amazon account, and $11.74 on another account. The more expensive account has a Kindle attached, the cheaper does not. Makes me mad. Anyone with similar experiences?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012 4:37:44 AM PST
BruceK says:
I don't suppose it was taxes computed based on your location since that was known only after you logged in?

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 11:41:19 AM PDT
Are the accounts based in different countries? Amazon seems to charge more in smaller markets.

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 7:34:57 AM PDT
Karel Obluk says:
Same thing just happened to me, for Kindle book - so definitely not related to market size, delivery cost etc. :( When I log out, I get lower quote than when I am logged in (repeatedly) :( Sleazy :(
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about