5.0 out of 5 stars No, this isn't music.
Published on October 9, 2009 by A. Stature

2.0 out of 5 stars It was really good UNTIL....the pattern emerged....
Published on September 1, 2008 by Jayme M. Lafleur

2.0 out of 5 stars It was really good UNTIL....the pattern emerged...., September 1, 2008
This review is from: Sleep: Ambient Sleep Therapy 2 (MP3 Music)
Well, I actually really liked the rain effect for this one, until I noticed five minutes into it that the raindrops...especially the up close, big sounding drops created a pattern every 15 seconds! If you've ever tried to fall asleep next to a dripping faucet it really is impossible! I fast forwarded through the entire hour and 20 minutes and sure as can be...the pattern was through the entire piece! First off....are you KIDDING ME? Come on! The people who put this together obviously either didn't put any effort into creating this, or think the audience is stupid. I was very disappointed in this purchase, because now I won't be able to listen to it ever again w/o hearing the darn pattern. It not only did NOT help me sleep after recognizing this, but KEPT ME AWAKE! Come on people...be a little more informed about your work. I do not recommend this cd. I did however also purchase some of Thom Brennan's "Mist" CD...which was very nice to listen to.

5.0 out of 5 stars No, this isn't music., October 9, 2009
I have come to really love this little piece but not as music. Let's be clear about that, I use it to meditate. At the least it provides a non invasive tone that blocks out all the noise that distracts me when I am trying to meditate. Lately I just listen to the sound and all the stuff that they say about meditation, happens. Perhaps AMT hooks into a sound that automatically puts the brain into the delta state. What ever it works.

I listened to all samples by Ambient Music Therapy and this is the one that appealed to me the most, also it happens to be an hour and sixteen minutes. Years ago I learned how to do TM but to sit down and do it twice a day was beyond me. Using this tone doing the same meditation is so enjoyable, I look forward to my afternoon meditations. I'm sure the masters of meditation would not approve but if I did it their way I would never meditate and I would miss out on the benefits.

I also iPod this for my acupuncture sessions so I can fully relax which I think makes them more effective but that's just theory. So as you listen to the samples think sleeping or meditating that is what it is intended and it works for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars I need sleep, now, thanks to "Sleep: Ambient Sleep Therapy 2" I'm getting it!, January 14, 2013
Shawn Bryan (Hyattsville, MD, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sleep: Ambient Sleep Therapy 2 (MP3 Music)
Honestly, this just sounded like something I could try. I love new age and ambient music. To be honest, I fall asleep with in 10-15 minutes, and I've yet to hear much more of it.

Sleep: Ambient Sleep Therapy 2