2,252 Reviews
 (1,114)

1,153 of 1,184 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Hands-down the best neck support I've ever had!
I suffer from two herniated cervical disks and it is very difficult for me to find a pillow that is just right, not too soft, not too firm, not too low, not too high... Over the years I have tried many, many memory foam pillows, amongst them the Dream Coil pillow, the Tempurpedic, Therapedic, you name it.

All worked somewhat but it seems that the main problem...
Published on May 26, 2009 by I.Peters

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money (AMENDED)
Initially this pillow was wonderful...probably the best one I'd ever slept on. However, after only 6 months the pillow has completely lost it's support and I wake up with a sore neck everyday. The memory foam just sinks in without any rebound and it is awful.

Published on November 24, 2009 by S. Nelson

1,153 of 1,184 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Hands-down the best neck support I've ever had!, May 26, 2009

All worked somewhat but it seems that the main problem with most memory foam pillows is that they are too firm at first (especially in the winter when it is cold in the bedroom), then mold perfectly to a person's individual anatomy until the material gets too warm from the person's body heat and finally it does not provide perfect support anymore because it gets too soft and allows the head to sink in too far.

Because I was at the point yet again where I was changing out my various memory foam pillows several times a night in order to get comfortable, I was looking for just another pillow to try. Which in this case was the Iso-Cool pillow (the contoured model).

What a find! This is a truly different pillow. For me who sleeps mainly on her side and sometimes awakes on her back, it strikes the perfect balance between support and softness. I simply love it. It does not feel too firm in the beginning, just supportive, and it does not end up being too soft during the night, it simply remains exactly the same. That it doesn't overheat is another perfect feature but I admit I did not buy this pillow primarily for that although it is advertised as a "stays-cool-pillow".

I am very impressed with this pillow and can highly, highly recommend it to anyone suffering from the same condition as I am.

Of course I know from experience that these pillows come on the market and also disappear from it quickly, so I've already bought a second one and will get a few more. Just in case it will wear out one day. Because I want to avoid having to hunt down the overstocks all over the web as I had to do with the Dream Coil pillow a few years back...

UPDATE: I just received my additional Iso-Cool contour pillows. Contrary to the one I had recently bought at JC Penny's, these Amazon-sold ones come without the retail box and a thinner, considerably more basic pillow cover. The pillow cover from Penny's is the nicer one. The one I received from Amazon does not have blue or for that matter any piping, no stitched Iso-Cool logo, quite a bit thinner fabric.

But otherwise they seem to be made of the same material and have the same 15-yr. warranty. Just thought I'd mention that these differ a bit from other Iso-Cool pillows available out there...

UPDATE II:
In September 09 someone commented on my review here saying that Amazon now ships the pillow with the Iso-Cool cover as pictured. That's great - it's a much nicer cover than what I got from Amazon when I first posted this review.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money (AMENDED), November 24, 2009

UPDATE: With some difficulty I found the manufacturer ([...].) and found out these pillows have a 15-year warranty. I returned my pillow to them and they sent me a brand new one. This one already feels different (better) from the first one. The outlast cover works very well to disperse heat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Weird Pillow & I Love It!, January 15, 2010
I received this pillow as a gift (it was on my Wish List). I was shocked and a little dismayed with the pillow when I first picked it up. My husband and I each have 4 expensive, cushy down pillows. This thing is like a thin slab of concrete when compared to those. I still can't get over the weight of this pillow. It sat on a couch, unused for a couple of weeks. One Sunday afternoon I decided to catch a quick nap. I grabbed this pillow since it was handy and laid my head on it. I was asleep within minutes! When I awoke, my head was cool and dry. I have always had a problem with waking up with a sweaty head. I also noticed that I woke up in the exact position I was in when I went to sleep. I normally do a lot of tossing and turning. I have not used another pillow since that nap. I can't believe how quickly and easily I fall asleep at night. It used to be at least a half hour of rearranging and punching pillows before I could fall asleep. Now, I'm fast asleep within 5 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally.........., May 1, 2009
In House Chef (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I cannot stand warm pillow in the middle of the night. I have been searching for the last 10+ years. I even bought a pillow last year, mail ordered from Japan which they claim they have this "so called" heat transfer gel on the pillow, which cost me $120 and doesn't do ANYTHING. (lesson...)

So, I came across this Iso-Cool pillow on Amazon, I got the Contour version... I was VERY skeptical in the beginning... but once I sleep on it for the first night, I totally LOVE it.

1. It KEEP MY HEAD COOL, still warms up where the head contacts, but it DOES NOT warms up to a degree that annoys me (unlike one of the "original" memory form pillow which sold for $99+)
2. IT DOES NOT SINK. Again, unlike one of those "original" memory form pillow, this one give VERY GOOD support, and it does not make my head "sink" into the pillow.
3. I bought that kind of "water filling" pillow insert twice, and both of the time it leak after a year use. YES, it can keep my head cool, but still, the WHOLE insert will warm up after like 5-6 hours. This Iso-Cool does not keep on warming up during long hour of sleep, seems like it will stop warming up, up to certain temperature. THE BEST PART, IT WON'T LEAK.... (it is just a big block of form)

It DOES smell a little bit, like some new car/chemical smell to me when I first opened it from the package, but the smell dies down quick. Like the comment from the other user said, if the smell annoys you, I recommend to let it sit in open air for maybe a few days before you use it. For me, I just used right from the packaging.

BUT, even it sounds so amazing, but PLEASE, if possible, like myself, get one and try it out from a local store first, since NO ONE has the same preferences.
To me, this IS the pillow I was looking for, finally!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool and keeps its shape!, April 22, 2008
M. Dobrick (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I have been using this pillow since last Fall and it's worked great. It regulates according to your body temperature so you never feel hot when sleeping. My house gets really warm and having this pillow allows me to sleep and not wake up in middle the night. Plus, I'm really hard on my pillows and this one has really kept its shape over the months.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good pillow, but not as cool as I hoped., August 11, 2009
This review is for:
"Sleep Better Iso-Cool Memory Foam Pillow, Gussetted Side Sleeper"

I bought the pillow because I have problems with my body temp and this doesn't help with getting a good night's sleep.

First, I am enjoying the pillow. It is at just the right height for my neck, the firmness is very comfortable. So I am still using this pillow, it has replaced a regular (sort of) pillow and a feather pillow that I was using to try and get the right height and right firmness. So I am finding myself very pleased with it.

If it were just for the comfort level without the 'cool' property I would easily give 4 if not 5 stars.

But...

I bought it for it's ability to wick heat away from the head. I can't say that it works that well for me. Certainly, when I lay down it is nice and cool, just like any pillow. But I can't say that I find it to take any longer then usual to warm up. Oh I'll admit that it might, might be lasting a little longer, but not enough to be noticed.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST OF ALL PILLOWS, November 23, 2012
This review is from: Sleep Better Iso-Cool Memory Foam Pillow, Gusseted Side Sleeper ,Standard (Kitchen)
I have gone through pillow after pillow, just to find one I can get a good nights sleep( I'm a side sleeper and have hot flashes ). I was skeptical about this pillow but gave it a shot, Amazon is excellent about returns. Much to my surprise, this pillow was not only the most comfotable pillow I have ever tried but it kept me cool. For the first time in years, I slept uninterupted all night and on my side. My husband wanted one too and is also very happy with this pillow. They are very well made and "HEAVY". I am so happy with my purchase I had to write a review...The first review I have ever written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pillow for side sleepers, August 29, 2009
I have tried lots of pillows - mostly memory foam. About 80% of the time I will sleep on my side. I have found that most memory foam pillows get too warm after a couple of hours. I have also found that most memory foam pillows lose some resiliency after a few months. I have tried the best brand name memory foam pillows, including those that cost a couple hundred bucks. I have tried the contour ones, and for a while thought those worked best - until I tried this one.

This one does NOT get too warm! I don't have to flip it after a few hours. It is very comfortable. Because it is more square, I can more comfortably sleep on my back and watch a little TV until I go to sleep and turn on my side. Highly recommend this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Pillow, February 20, 2009
W. Uncapher (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
I bought the gussetted side sleeper pillows! They are the best pillows I've ever owned. I don't wake with a stiff neck or shoulders anymore! Give the pillows a few days if you never slept on memory foam before. They feel very dense at first, but once you get used to the support, you'll love them. The Iso-Cool Outlast fabric is great. They really do stay cool. They adjust to your body temperature as advertised. I've never had any other memory foam pillows that do this, they were always very hot. The company, Carpenter, that makes these pillows, also makes foam for Serta mattresses. They have 3 factories in Pennsylvania. 2 are near the Serta mattress factory. I have a Serta mattress with memory foam and Outlast fabric and love it. That's where I first learned about Outlast fabric. It really does work. If you buy these pillows you won't be disappointed! Watch for sales, I got mine for $44.99 each on sale.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pillow is way too thick in the middle, February 20, 2013
I'm awfully disappointed in this pillow. It had so much promise, and I was really excited to try it after reading a glowing recommendation.

Pros:

--The pillow really does stay cool. It's nice not waking up with a sweaty neck!
--The width and length are the right size for standard pillowcases. I have some memory foam pillows that are so small, they get lost in the pillowcase. This pillow is definitely not like that.

Cons:

--It's not flat. The sides are only a couple of inches tall, but the center is about seven inches. That means that your head is always going to be at an angle and bent to an uncomfortable degree, whether you sleep on your side or your back. There's no way you can keep your spine in alignment with this pillow. I've woken up with jaw and neck pain every morning because of it. In fact, I wake up more tense and achy than I do when sleeping on cheap $10 poly-fill pillows.
--There's a layer of something sort of crisp and crinkly right under the top fabric layer. I don't know if that's part of the Iso-Cool feature, but it's uncomfortable to rest my head on and I get harsh crinkly noises in my ear whenever I move. It's as if I had put a layer of newspaper underneath the pillowcase. This pillow is definitely not plush because of that, despite the product description.

If the pillow were a uniform thickness and not this weird sloping thing, I'd give this pillow an enthusiastic five stars. As it is though, the neck pain caused by the slope is not worth using a second longer. The money was an absolute waste for me, and I don't exactly have the money to spare on things I can't use.

Rate and Discover Movies