5.0 out of 5 stars My bed now hugs me
And who doesn't like to fall asleep in another's arms.

I bought this topper to replace an inexpensive ____ Mart egg crate bed topper that I had used for the last eight years. Recently, I found that I couldn't really feel the egg crate, and I would wake with shoulders that hurt.

Shopping for a new topper is a lot of work. I read a lot of reviews,...
Published on February 2, 2012 by Victoria H

3.0 out of 5 stars too small
I recieved exactly what I ordered. The queen size mattress is short all the way around, 2inches in length and 4 inches across. It makes the bed look sloppy but for a guest bed I can deal with it.
If I pre-measured I would have ordered a king mattress and trimmed it to fit, then tuck the excess cover under.
The description is accurate so MEASURE YOUR BED FOR...
Published on January 13, 2012 by Terry D.

5.0 out of 5 stars My bed now hugs me, February 2, 2012
This review is from: Sleep Better Ultimate Memory Foam Queen Mattress Topper with Velour Cover (Kitchen)
And who doesn't like to fall asleep in another's arms.

Shopping for a new topper is a lot of work. I read a lot of reviews, poked at some possibilities at the ____ Mart .... Read some more reviews. It seemed that this product had the fewest complaints for the price point and size I wanted, and especially it seemed to have few complaints about being too soft. So I took a leap of faith, and got a box 18" cubed, which seemed impossibly small for the matress. See the picture of my son who is behind the expanded topper in front of the box I received it in.

Cutting to the end, before addressing complaints, about three days after I received my product, I put it on the bed, and have slept better than I have for a couple of years. I can feel the mattress pad when I sit on the bed, and when I lie down it hugs me. I am very comfortable.

Some of the reviewers have commented on an odor from the topper. I noticed an odor when I opened the box, and I was concerned because I am very sensitive to odors. However, an enclosure in the box said that I should leave the topper off the bed for at least 24 hours to allow the natural odor of the foam to dissipate. Other reviewers commented that the pad was smaller than the mattress. That is also true, but again, the insert in the packaging said they did that on purpose, because if they are cut exactly to fit, they tend to shift and bunch a bit. I have not been bothered by the size, or bunching.

I was somewhat concerned about being able to get the topper into it's cover, something that was not included in any of the other toppers I considered, but the manufacturer really thought this out. The cover has a single zipper that goes around three sides of the cover. They recommend that you put the cover on your bed, and add the topper. You can then zip all the way around. This worked well. I was a bit concerned about the zipper, because the head was set in the middle with both sides zipped, but I quickly figured out what direction it went, and it unzipped and zipped easily.

I would recommend this bed topper for those who would like to make their mattress more comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is it time for bed yet??? LOL!, May 27, 2011
This is the best thing for anyone that has a bad back or just has trouble sleeping. One other main selling point is the fact that you can save yourself from buying an expensive mattress, this is more comfortable than most new $1000 beds if you use it in conjuntion with a good cover. Make sure you let it air out at least 24 hours before putting it on your bed and order 1 size larger and trim to fit because all mattresses are not the same size as I found out later.

UPDATE... After a few years of flipping and moving the old one we tore it and had to throw it away, we thought we would sleep without it since we have a newer pillowtop and that didn't work out to say the least so we ordered another one that night. Needless to say I don't think we will ever sleep without a memory foam topper ever again. I must add that we have noticed cheaper toppers but I would warn against that from what other friends have told me with personal experiences of cheaper brands toxic smell and tearing up very easily so make sure you get a qaulity and reputable brand that doesn't just use cheap molded foam....

Check out my pike street cover review!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars AAHHHHMAAZING!!! no really.. it is..., May 9, 2012
I got the Queen size...

I was looking for a new topper of my mattress (6 yrs old), bc I didnt want the expense of buying a brand new mattress. I would see memory foam toppers and wish I could afford the "good" kind, not just the egg-crate ones. LUCKILY I came across this one. I had to go off of reviews online since I couldnt see it in person. I was recently married and had some leftover giftcards from Belk. I ended up purchasing it from belk.com bc of the gift cards & coupon I had.. but its the same product sold through Amazon... anywhoo...

air it out.. for those, who complained about the smell.. it was NOT that bad at all... just air it out with the fan on like the instructions say.. we used it that same night, no smell at all..

The fit.. I ordered queen size (Q bed) and it fit fine.. an inch maybe too short, but who's sleeping on the edges of the bed? lol no one.. dnt pay more for the extra size.

I used the velour cover and then put a deep pocket fitted sheet on top of it for protection. I was also worried that the velour would get too hot in the summers.

the next day, we did not want to get out of bed.. it was amazing the difference those two inches of bliss made. I have bursitis in my shoulders and I, for the first time in YEARS, did not wake up achy. My husband also had back aches each am, but not anymore.. We LOVE it!! If you are skeptical... don't be.. you will NOT be disappointed.. this has to be one the BEST investments we could have purchased online.. lol ;-) GET it!! you will be amazed!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful gift for older adult, December 5, 2011
I purchased this for my Grandma who is 103 and having some issues with comfort in bed. She loves her new mattress topper. The velour cover makes it a little less hot than just the memory foam topper. These are lovely for older people who have bedtime aches and pains.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, December 23, 2012
Yorkie (Tampa , Fl.) - See all my reviews
I've tried two other memory foam mattress toppers , but this one beats them both hands down . It's comfortable , holds it's depth and has relieved my back pain . I am a plus size woman , but this mattress keeps coming back , it doesn't flatten out under my weight . It says to air it out for 24hrs. but I did it for 48hrs ., being I'm sensitive to smells and it is fine . Definitely would recommend .

3.0 out of 5 stars too small, January 13, 2012
The description is accurate so MEASURE YOUR BED FOR ACTUAL SIZE NEEDED!

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous!!! Better than a Tempurpedic, December 8, 2011
Amazon Customer (Friendswood, TX USA) - See all my reviews
Really! Much cheaper than at Bed Bath and Beyond. Like getting a new expensive foam mattress. But better, because I don't sink down so far and find it so hard to turn over. Totally recommend this product to anyone considering replacing a decent bed with a foam mattress. Much better than an ordinary topper. Just the right kind of foam and thickness. Foam smell goes away in just a day or two.

I have slept several times on a high-end Tempurpedic memory foam mattress. I like this much better!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pad, July 19, 2010
This was exactly what I was looking for, it made the foam futon I had which was very firm, a bit more giving. The foam is compressed and needs a bit of time once unrolled to expand. Came with a removable zip cover which it a bit of a hassle to get on the pad, but overall I am very pleased with this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best. Sleep. EVER!, June 18, 2013
F. Ross (Chicago 'burbs, IL USA) - See all my reviews
I was very skeptical about this mattress topper because, let's face it, it's just a mattress topper, not a mattress. How much extra comfort could it really provide? Turns out... a LOT. For YEARS I've been waking up stiff and sore. My back has hurt, my shoulders ache, and everything from top to bottom hurt after waking. I thought it was just that I was getting older and it was a fact of life.

And then I found this mattress pad. It is HEAVENLY to sink into, and when I wake up, NOTHING HURTS. Nothing!!! It's fantastic. I can't say enough good things.

The bad- it did stink for about 10 hours after opening. I opened the windows and aired it out, but put it on the bed that night and it hasn't smelled at all.

Also, I forgot to put the cover on it, and it's HEAVY... so now I need to wait until my husband has time to help me strip the whole bed and put the cover on. But that's fine- we have a mattress pad over it to keep it clean.

It's not too hot- I sleep well on it and so does my husband... and he's always overly warm.

So all in all--- one of the best purchases we've EVER made from Amazon. Couldn't be happier!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST FOAM MATTRESS I HAVE EVER SEEIN AND FELT., February 8, 2012
THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST ITEM THAT I HAVE EVER BOUGHT FROM AMAZON.COM.. I MEAN I SLEEP LIKE A BABY, THE FOAM IS GREAT, BEST PART OF IT IS THE MATTRESS COVER THE COMES WITH IT.. THIS IS A GREAT ITEM....

Rate and Discover Movies