Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sleep & Beyond 100 by 86-Inch Organic Merino Wool Comforter, King, Ivory
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on June 23, 2014
I bought one of these Sleep and Beyond organic merino wool comforters two months ago. (I did not purchase them on Amazon because I found them on a different website that does not charge sales tax.) After sleeping with it for a week and finding it to be very comfortable, I ordered two more for the other bedrooms in my house. After about a month, I started to notice little fibers ticking my face all the time while I was trying to fall asleep. Very annoying. I have all of these comforters inside of cotton duvet covers, but the comforter sheds wool so badly that the wool fibers are now constantly all over my other bedding (and even all over the carpet) in spite of the cover. It gets EVERYWHERE. Even the air purifier I have in my bedroom needs to have it's pre-filter vacuumed much more often now, because it sucks up so much wool! When I remove the duvet covers to launder them, there are TONS of balled-up blobs of wool covering the inside of them and the outside of the comforters. It seems like the weave of the comforter liner is not nearly tight enough, and the contents gradually work themselves out with light use. It's really disgusting to feel like your bed is full of little hairs all the time. (At least I know they are wool fibers, but I would be embarrassed to have a guest sleep with one of these comforters because they would feel all the fuzz and think I simply never washed the sheets!) I vacuumed the comforters with an attachment hose yesterday to remove some of the matted wool that had built up on the outside of them, and by the time I was done my vacuum canister was COMPLETELY FULL OF WOOL. (It is an upright vacuum, not a tiny handheld thing.) The Sleep and Beyond website states that, "With simple proper care, our organic merino wool comforters can be passed on from generation to generation." At this rate, these things will barely have any wool left in them five years from now. I feel sick thinking about how much money I threw away on them.
on February 5, 2015
So far so good--I'm not sure what happened to the reviewer who had tons of wool coming out of her comforter, but this is working swimmingly for me. I have a West Elm duvet cover over it and it's warm and toasty when it's cold but not too hot when it's warmer at night (although we have other wool comforters and have to put them away entirely for our SoCal summers). Highly recommend wool comforters in general, and this one seems lovely so far, especially for the price (wool can be VERRRRY pricey).
on December 15, 2015
I am so impressed with how fabulously I am sleeping since I got this. I have a friend who swears by wool bedding products. I have used a wool pillow for a while now so I figured I would try this, I am so happy that I did! Kept me cool in the summer and it is super cozy now in the winter. These are super easy to care for, usually needs no more than a shake and airing out.I do keep my wool comforter in a duvet cover to keep the outside clean. I do a cotton duvet in the summer, and a flannel duvet in the winter.
I love this wool comforter!
on June 2, 2013
This is really awesome, keeps you warm yet not over heats you. Smells a little like a sheep but it doesnʻt bother me. There were some plastic like threads coming out, that i havenʻt had a chance to ask manufacturer. Overall i love this comforter.
on December 1, 2015
Very nice comforter. Did not have any smell at all right from the beginning.
It is not warm enough for me during the winter months. We sleep with our window open, so it gets pretty chilly in our room at times. Adding a wool or thick fleece blanket on my side of the bed helps. My husband is too hot most of the time, so the comforter works well for him in cooler temperatures, but gets too warm with higher temperatures.
on March 6, 2016
These are actually made in China which makes me question all of the organic ratings. I have two of the wool comforters and two of the wool pillows. I also have purchased the wool bed cover. I have been happy with these items but am now wondering about the integrity of the products.
on April 14, 2015
I bought this comforter from a different vendor about five years ago. My [European] family has always used down/feather duvets, and I can't seem to get used to sleeping with a lightweight blanket or sheet over me. However, we live in Northern California and my husband and I just couldn't find a duvet that was truly comfortable for both of us. I decided to try the Sleep & Beyond merino wool comforter (not the washable wool), and will never look back! This comforter is the perfect weight. We are never too hot or too cold; it regulates temperature beautifully. I no longer switch duvets from winter to summer--this one works for both. I am actually amazed at how I don't sweat or get hot in the summer months. Granted, it doesn't get too too hot here, but we don't have air conditioning, so I'd say anywhere between 62 and 75 degrees in the house and I'm comfortable. My son thinks our bed is luxurious with this cover, and so do I! I am thinking of investing in these for the whole family. This is not washable, but I always use a duvet cover and I never washed a feather/down duvet either. Just stick them out in the sun and the fresh air every few months and you're good to go.
on October 19, 2015
On my third one. This is not a cheap item, but it is amazing. It keeps me warmer than any other comforter that I have ever had, even warmer than a down comforter. Worth the high price!!