Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on June 23, 2014
I bought one of these Sleep and Beyond organic merino wool comforters two months ago. (I did not purchase them on Amazon because I found them on a different website that does not charge sales tax.) After sleeping with it for a week and finding it to be very comfortable, I ordered two more for the other bedrooms in my house. After about a month, I started to notice little fibers ticking my face all the time while I was trying to fall asleep. Very annoying. I have all of these comforters inside of cotton duvet covers, but the comforter sheds wool so badly that the wool fibers are now constantly all over my other bedding (and even all over the carpet) in spite of the cover. It gets EVERYWHERE. Even the air purifier I have in my bedroom needs to have it's pre-filter vacuumed much more often now, because it sucks up so much wool! When I remove the duvet covers to launder them, there are TONS of balled-up blobs of wool covering the inside of them and the outside of the comforters. It seems like the weave of the comforter liner is not nearly tight enough, and the contents gradually work themselves out with light use. It's really disgusting to feel like your bed is full of little hairs all the time. (At least I know they are wool fibers, but I would be embarrassed to have a guest sleep with one of these comforters because they would feel all the fuzz and think I simply never washed the sheets!) I vacuumed the comforters with an attachment hose yesterday to remove some of the matted wool that had built up on the outside of them, and by the time I was done my vacuum canister was COMPLETELY FULL OF WOOL. (It is an upright vacuum, not a tiny handheld thing.) The Sleep and Beyond website states that, "With simple proper care, our organic merino wool comforters can be passed on from generation to generation." At this rate, these things will barely have any wool left in them five years from now. I feel sick thinking about how much money I threw away on them.
22 comments25 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2013
I got this wanting to try a different comforter. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. You could have the ac on coldest blasting setting and this comforter will keep you warm yet not build up so much heat underneath it making you hot and uncomfortable. Truly the most comfortable comforter i have ever owned. Their is a smell, it is slight and i think over time it would dissipate, if i was to hang this in the sun i think it would leave even faster. I hunt and this sheepish smell doesn't bother me as much as it may other people but nonetheless i think its really mild and shouldn't deter you from this product. I give it 10 stars, really really comfortable, i think it is an all weather comforter due to the fact it lets the heat out so you probably could use this in warmer temperatures too as well, in the cold (at least ac wise) its phenomenal.
11 comment8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2015
Pay attention to the other reviews. After the first four months, this sheds, like a lot, even through a duvet. I need to frequently apply a lint roller to my everything.
on November 8, 2013
This comforter is amazing. It is so cozy and it regulates my body temperature beautifully. I am a convert from down to wool! I have it paired with flannel sheets and a flannel cover for extreme luxurious comfort!
on November 7, 2015
I put this inside the "Organic Cotton 340 Thread Count White Queen Duvet Cover" (from amazon) and it made a beautiful chemical free comfy looking and feeling comforter. Used summer and winter in extreme climates and love it.
on January 31, 2015
Fantastic comforter! It is warm enough for cold winter nights and it breathes incredibly well. There is no wool escaping from it or any pilling yet of any kind. Overall a great product and I would purchase it again.
on March 29, 2015
This is simply the best, I don't know how I slept without it. The temperature regulation property of wool is incredible! Just don't forget the duvet cover.
on February 18, 2013
This is a very nice lightweight comforter that really keeps the warmth in.
It doesn't bunch up at all. I plan on buying another one for my son.
on December 7, 2015
Well made and so incredibly comfortable. I love this company.
I am looking forward to buying the organic mattress pad in the near future.
on January 23, 2016
Absolutely love it. So much nicer than any other comforter I've used. I just love the way it feels. Haven't used it in summer yet but keeps me nice and warm in winter. Live in southern California so winters here are mild but still I used to turn the heat on at night but no more as the comforter seems to keep my body at perfect temperature with no need to turn on the heat. Couldn't be happier with it at this point.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse