Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on February 18, 2013
Great product Great zipper. Best product for the money because it works well!

Here's what we did to get rid of our BedBugs...

1. Strip bed and wash sheets/blanket/bedspread
2. Cover the mattress and box spring with these encasements
3. Wash entire bed-frame (we steamed the bed-frame and then drenched it with isopropyl alcohol)
4. Set the bed away from the wall a few inches so that it is an island
5. Sprinkle a generous layer of diatomaceous earth around all legs of bed (and around all corners of room, in nooks and crevices).

That gets the parasites off the bed temporarily.

6. Set HOME MADE dry-ice bedbug traps on both sides of the bed, and in the closet. We kept these traps going for about a month. After 15 days, we topped seeing any bedbugs in the traps. I used a version of the trap similar to this: [Amazon doesn't allow links -- so go to you tube and search for video 5JZx3GrQCE0]

7. It's been THREE MONTHS and NO BEDBUGS!
33 comments|208 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2012
I bought this because we moved into a new apartment, and shortly after moving in, I began having bites all over my feet, ankles, and around my neck and face. The apartment had bed bugs! I couldn't sleep for fear of getting bitten. I even took overnight shifts at work to avoid waking up with bites. It was a total nightmare. We used bombs and sprays, but they didn't seem to help. I have had the sleep defense mattress cover and box spring encasement on my bed for two weeks now, and so far there have been no bites. Before I got them, I was getting bitten every night. Now, I am able to sleep peacefully.
11 comment|179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2015
speechless
review image
77 comments|220 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2011
I always want to buy products on amazon based on the reviews of others. I have purchased this one along with the Mattress encasement. Both these products are really amazing especially for those who do not want the bugs to enter into ur mattress or box spring. This product fully covers the entire box spring and the zip lock system is an excellent idea to keep the bugs from entering. The installation of the encasement is very easy and smooth. This product is completely worth its cost.
0Comment|125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2013
We purchased this product along with the mattress cover for our queen size bed. To our amazement, the box spring encasement was far more thin and poorly made then the one designed for the mattress. We put it on and within a week it was ripped in three places, despite our best efforts to pad and tape the metal frame. We went ahead and purchased a mattress cover and placed it over the ripped box spring encasement--problem solved. I would recommend just buying two mattress covers and call it a day. I don't know why the construction of the box spring encasement is far more shoddy than the other. But I would recommend to stay away from it.
11 comment|94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 19, 2014
I am shocked that there are any negative reviews for this.

Price: Not bad, I wasn't thrilled with the price at first, but after having the product I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. I purchased it and the mattress encasement.

Quality: The quality of this product is high. Any reviews stating otherwise, well I don't know what they are expecting. I have gone through many encasement and this is by far the best quality one I have. The fabric is stretchy so this will fit many thicknesses of mattresses.

Durability: It holds up, I really tug at it to put it on because I am doing it alone, it hasn't torn or ripped, I've washed it, it hasn't shunk or had any issues at all.

My main reason for buying this was for allergies, and yes, it has helped a ton. I am updating because after having this for years and my husband sleeping at work sometimes, we did end up with bedbugs in the bed. This kept them out of the mattress though. Getting rid of the bedbugs was very easy this time around because they did not get into the encasement so we only had minimal work vacuuming and washing linens to get rid of them.

It does not trap in heat at all. I feel cleaner having this on my mattress and box spring.
on October 12, 2015
did not work for me all bed bugs came out after 5 months.

see attached pictures
review image review image
22 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2011
We bought this problem because we had a small bedbug infestation. It comes with two twin size covers to accommodate a split king box spring. They were slightly larger than our box spring halves but still fit well enough to use. Along with a mattress pad, our bug problem has been nearly eliminated. I would recommend this item.
on August 28, 2014
I left this feedback for all the items I purchased and listed here in prevention of BED BUGS.
I live in a apartment building. 10 years ago in the city I live in I never heard any mention of bedbugs. Now I hear it everywhere. I purchased the following just as a precaution.
Hospitology Sleep Defense System Waterproof/Dust Mite Proof Pillow Encasement, Standard, Set of 2
Hospitology Sleep Defense System Waterproof/Bed Bug Proof Mattress Encasement,80-Inch by 60-Inch, Queen
Hospitology Sleep Defense System Bed Bug Proof Box Spring Encasement, 80-Inch by 60-Inch, Queen
BEAP 10013 4-Pack Detector Bed Bug Coaster Trap
Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade
Pest Pistol
Mineral Oil

I read online many, many, many different suggesting and opinions. These are most popular ideas, and I agree with them.
My bed is brand new and I wanted some protection.

Every thing listed I purchased on Amazon is good quality and no complaints. I was very nervous the Hospitality Sleep Defense items would have a plastic feel, but it is not the case. The Hospitality Sleep Defense for the pillows and bed have a nice soft and smooth feel to them. They make my bed and pillows feel smoother and softer. They are a good quality and feel like they will last a long time and not rip. They are very big for even the biggest of mattresses or box springs.
First of all the Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade box i received is big. I used this for my entire apartment and still have more then half left in the box. Using Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade, and Pest Pistol (online comments are you can also use empty plastic ketchup and mustard bottles) I dusted all long the walls under the carpet (use a dollar store paintbrush to keep it nice and neat), and in some places I lifted the carpet up and sprayed a little on the carpet tacs that hold the carpet in place. You do not have to spray it heavy, only a light coating.
Then I took the electrical cover panels and sprayed inside the walls, USE CAUTION, TURN OFF THE ELECTRICAL PANEL SUPPLY. You might want to consider wearing a dollar store face mask, the Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade will blow around a little, if you get carried away with it. Make sure you spray into all holes and crevasses (even in the bathroom) behind the medicine cabinet if there are gaps, in the trimming along the walls, closets, everywhere!!! Every room, every space!!!!!!!. Online reports and comments are that bed bug like hiding behind the medicine cabinet in the bathroom, behind mirrors or photos hanging on walls, dressers, dressers drawers, light shades. I even sprayed a little on my bed frame. Keep in mind, if the Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade gets wet, it is useless and you will have to reapply it. Also note, if you shampoo your rugs a couple times a year, like me, you may have to reapply Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade after your rugs dry.

Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade kills all kinds of bugs, cutting into their hard shell bodies and sticks into their joints. This definitely gives me peace of mind when I sleep or laying in my bed during the day. Bed bugs usually feed in the middle of the night, but if they get hungry they will come out all times of the day.

Isolate your bed from the walls and the floors. Only have the legs of your bed touching the floor. Keep blankets from touching the walls and floor. Nothing should be touching your walls or floor. ISOLATION! Computer power cords and cell phone cords should not be on your bed when you sleep. Although there are online reports of bedbugs climbing up to the ceiling and falling down/jumping onto beds, I am not that paranoid. Because it is a death sentence for them, they cannot escape or live in the mattress or lay eggs in the mattress because of the Hospitality Sleep Defense.
Always make sure you wash and dry your blankets and sheets every week. Dry for at least 20-30 minutes on hot.
BEAP 10013 4-Pack Detector Bed Bug Coaster Trap are very strong and very big. I was very surprised! I was nervous, I have a QUEEN size bed with wheels under each leg. But they fit with room to spare. Use the Mineral Oil in the outer trench of the Coasters. Bed Bugs cannot swim in it, they sink to the bottom and drowns them. But dummy me, my queen bed frame has 5 legs, one leg to support the middle of the bed. I used them on my sofa also. Good luck if you find yourself with bedbugs or using these as a prevention and defense.
If you do not have the time or energy, you can hire an exterminator which will cost thousands and thousands of dollars. I am the type of person I do not like to use pesticides in my apartment unless I have to. I never use those insect fumigators, they spray pesticides everywhere and you will eventually absorb them into your skin, from the floors and furniture.

If you already have bed bugs, I suggest vacuuming every inch of your bed, on your bed, box, and frame head board. Then do your furniture, sofa and recliners. Sofas, couches and recliners are much harder to eradicate bedbugs from, you might want to think about trashing it. Please, before you trash your furniture, damage your furniture so no one else takes it and gets a bedbug nightmare. When you are finished vacuuming, remove the bag, put in a plastic trash bag and TAPE IT SHUT and put outside away from your house in a trash can. They start spraying the Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade everywhere.

Bed Bugs are smart creatures, they are very good at hiding until they are hungry. And they will search you out like a blood hound dog.

Good luck!
on January 23, 2012
After trying the options out at Walmart & Target I felt like I won't be able to find a good mattress protector to protect it against Bed bugs, damage due to wear and tear including spills. I tried it out. Much cheaper than the ones around $55 but these are just amazing. The quality is excellent and they are sturdy. I recommend this to everyone who wants solid protection against bed bugs without breaking the bank.