Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now Tikes

Format: Audio CDChange

on May 10, 2011
The Crocodiles have definitely found their sound with this album. It is excellent from beginning to end, probably my favorite album of 2010.

"Sleep Forever" has more of a live-in-the-studio recording vibe than their first album ("Summer Of Hate") with the presence of more practical instruments and a sometimes overwhelming layering of instruments/digital tracks which, for me, is reminiscent to the wall-of-sound. Very fuzzy, Lo-Fi, Electronic, while brilliantly balancing hard/heavy with soft/sweet. Highlights for me are "Mirrors", "Stoned To Death" and "Hearts Of Love", but the album is solid all the way through.

I also recommend catching them live, if you can. They are incredible. If you like this album, check out their collaboration with the Dum Dum Girls on "Merry Christmas Baby (Please Don't Die)", which is available for free download on various sites. I don't usually like Christmas songs, but this is an exception. Can we get more collaborations like this, please?
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse