1,274 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars So far - Great pillow!
I'm a notorious side sleeper and was looking for more support for my neck. I recently returned another "memory foam" pillow I ordered off Amazon, as it was junk. This is my second attempt at finding a decent pillow... And I think we may have a winner!

Pros:
-The pillow arrived quickly (always a plus).
-It didn't have that awful chemical smell straight...
Published on April 26, 2012 by M. Michelle

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality Control Issues
A few things went terribly wrong with this pillow

1 - The pillow I received was not contour! Compared to the pictures on amazon, there is very little dip in the center of the pillow. (refer to my pictures)

2 - 1.5" of the blue memory foam is missing on one side of the pillow creating a knife edge that digs into your shoulders. Another 1" is...
Published 22 months ago by Tenmamd

2.0 out of 5 stars unfortunately, i was disappointed..., September 18, 2012
This review is from: Sleep Innovations Cool Contour Memory Foam Pillow (Kitchen)
(Please rate this review if you find it helpful)

I really wanted the product to be good! i was excited the receive the pillow but when i open the box i was very let down. All memory foam pillows that i have seen in the past are VERY VERY DENSE AND HEAVY. However, this pillow was very light and i said "ohh this may be going back". I threw the pillow on my bed to test it out and.......it was miserable. My head sank right into it and it offered no support. I unfortunately had to return it, but like always, Amazon was amazing about the return. If you want a good pillow, look elsewhere.

1.0 out of 5 stars Flattens after few minutes, December 28, 2011
H. Jamison (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
I really wanted to love this pillow. I bought this pillow to replace a contour pillow I have had for years, that has started to lose its shape. This pillow feels great when you first lay on it, but then the memory foam quickly squishes to being nearly flat. It really provides little to no support because the contour flattens quickly. I tried the pillow for 4 nights and ended up having a stiff neck every morning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sit on it., January 9, 2014
If you want to remove the chemical smell, just sit on it and get all the air out. Do this a few times and the smell will be gone. It only took 2 or 3 times for mine to smell normal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pillow!!, August 18, 2011
L. Henderson (Boston, MA United States) - See all my reviews
I love this pillow!!! It is supportive and yet keeps me cool at night. I had a Brookstone memory pillow that was unfortunately too warm. This pillow with it's gel insert is wonderful at keeping you cool at night. LOVE it!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Squishes Easily, but otherwise perfect, December 23, 2011
This pillow works as advertised. It doesn't ever get too hot.
The shape is also great, as you would expect of a contour pillow.

However, it is extremely "squishy." This pillow will completely flatten with a minimum effort of resistance.
My wife, who has a small head, has no problem with this pillow. The weight of her head does not squish it.
My head however, squishes it and it proves to be uncomfortable after an hour of use.

Conclusion:

Don't buy this pillow if you have a heavy head. But if you have a light head, this is the perfect pillow!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible smell, I should have returned it, November 10, 2011
I should have heeded the warnings about the smell of this pillow. I thought it would fade over time. I sprayed it with Fabreeze and left it sitting outside to air out for over a week. The smell has not faded and if I sleep on it, the smell gets into my hair and I smell it all day long.

I wish I would have returned this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Comparing Cool Contour Pillow to Regular Contour Pillow, August 24, 2013
Amazon Junkie (North Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
I bought the S.I. Cool Contour memory foam pillow and the S.I. regular contour memory foam pillow at the same time. I have been using contour pillows for 15 years, and Sleep Innovations is my favorite brand. This was my first experience with the Cool Contour version. I MUCH prefer the regular version over the Cool contour version.

There are a few differences between the two. Cooling-wise, I can only tell a slight difference in temperature. The cooling version is not as firm as the regular version, so your head sinks lower with the cooling pillow. The cooling version had a stronger chemical smell which took longer to go away. For example, I aired out the cool contour pillow for a week before use, and it still had a slight odor when I started using it. I only had to air the regular contour pillow out for two days before use. The cool contour pillow looks as if someone simply cut a piece of blue foam and glued it to a piece of white memory foam. The right side of the pillow is higher than the left, which isn't noticeable when lying on it, but it makes it look like poorer quality.

Since I preferred the regular contour pillow to the cool contour pillow, I gave the cool contour pillow to my husband. It is his first contour pillow, and he really likes it.

It's a good pillow, it's just not as great as the original Sleep Innovations contour memory foam pillow that doesn't have the cooling layer.

2.0 out of 5 stars It's like we are talking about two differnt pillows- Oh wait, we are., June 22, 2014
I bought this pillow in 2012 and it was the best pillow I've ever had. It really did keep my head cool and my neck never felt better. So I ordered another one for my husband and it's an entirely different pillow. The weight, firmness, and material are totally different and in my opinion of a cheaper quality. At first I thought that the company had changed it's pillow material and design but reading other reviews (which are also from this year) it seems like it's just random chance what pillow you'll get.

So here's a review on both pillows:
Pillow version 1 - was heaver and firmer. Your head doesn't sink as much and it really does cool your head. You can tell you have this pillow because the material inside will be darker than the Amazon product photo and have little dark dots on the foam. This is the pillow I prefer because it's lasted so well and two years later is still firm and not falling apart. All of the 1-star reviews that say it's like sleeping on a rock are probably talking about this one.

Pillow version 2 - was lightweight, very soft, and your head sinks in. The foam doesn't cool you whatsoever and seems to be the same exact foam as the white part. You'll know you have this one if it looks exactly like the Amazon product photo- it's just a solid light baby blue and feels the same as the white foam. I feel like this one is of poorer quality and all of the one star reviews complaining that it doesn't cool you at all are talking about this one.

If you don't believe me read the other reviews and also look at the photo's people posted.

1.0 out of 5 stars some bad smell, April 12, 2012
I got it about 2 days ago, still can't use it because of the bad smell, my daughter describe it as a stinky pillow.
The bad thing is I threw the box, so may not be able to return it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pillow fell apart., January 21, 2013
My husband and I both tried the pillow and found it not to be comfortable, so we set it aside. Later when we had guest I was going to see if they liked it, but the pillow had come apart. The blue part detached from the white. What a waste of money.

Sleep Innovations Cool Contour Memory Foam Pillow