3,150 Reviews
 (2,227)

5,564 of 5,639 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Never Will I Go Back to Springs
The background: My wife and I bought our first king size bed in April 2005. Three years later the thing was already sagging down the middle. We lived with it for a year and then finally made a warranty claim. The company stripped the bed down to the springs and rebuilt a new mattress. It lasted 8 months before terrible again.

So I read Consumer Reports and...
Published on February 25, 2011 by Chris

3.0 out of 5 stars MUST READ - GOOD/BAD 1000 reviews really?
PLEASE READ FULL REVIEW, This bed is AWESOME, but you must read my full review. I was going to initially rate it a 2 star, then after what you will read this below i'd defiantly rate this bed a 5 star! I rated it a 3 because if your like me you'd like to hear from people who were middle of the road on it, not from the extremists.

I just bought this bed 3...
Published 14 months ago by corey domin

5,564 of 5,639 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Never Will I Go Back to Springs, February 25, 2011
Chris (Martinez, GA) - See all my reviews

So I read Consumer Reports and lo and behold, besides the fact that it states that mattresses are the number one inquired about review next to cars, they don't actually rate any mattresses. I guess it is b/c the companies give each store their own model so it is impossible to compare. Consumer Reports did, however, give satisfaction survey numbers on the different manufacturers. It was amazing. All but one were 50% or lower (the question, I believe, was would you buy another mattress of this brand). Most were much lower than 50% (Serta was 35%). I mean WOW. It is disheartening to think that the vast majority of people are unhappy with their beds. And yes, this includes those Sleep Number, outrageously priced people (I can buy an inflatable queen mattress at Wal-Mart for $15. Why does putting a case around it make it worth $3,000?)

Well, the ONE COMPANY that had higher than 50% was Tempur Pedic (around 60%, not great, but better than the rest). Problem is, even though I could afford it, there is no way I am paying $3,300 for a 12" king size mattress. My first thought is, "China makes everything for 1/100th of the cost", so I started Googling memory foam mattresses. To my pleasant surprise the good ol' USA came through with Sleep Innovations.

I read all, and I mean all the reviews. I initially thought the Amazon Vine reviews (which are a lot) were bogus, purposely placed customer reviews. I have since learned (from a negative comment) that just means the company gave a bunch of free beds to get Amazon Vine reviews. But even discounting the Vines' reviews, you could see that nearly all people were happy with it. I was still concerned though because I read horror stories from customer reviews on another off-brand memory mattress at Amazon. Stuff like the corners not ever flattening out and the company saying it could only be returned in the original box (which is absolutely impossible - the thing is vacuum sealed in there).

So I called the company. I am expecting terrible service and it was the complete opposite. I got someone right away. A very nice, non-outsourced woman said that the company had been in business for 12 years; yes I could return the mattress within the 20 year warranty and no I would not have to use the same box (which when I asked that question, she stated flatly, "that would be impossible").

The product: I took the dive and bought it. The real test is how it will feel in 5 years, but I can't fast forward five years to give you a final verdict. And to that end, I figured I could get six of these for the price of a Tempur Pedic. But I can say that two weeks into it and I love this bed. A couple bullet points:

1. No problem with the hotness issue you read about, but it is not summer. I figure worst case scenario, I will add an egg crate on top to have some separation from my body and the foam mattress if I have a heat issue. I should note that we had an 80 degree day recently and I had no heat issues that night.

UPDATE: Have had 99 degree weather days and no problems (of course we use the A/C (keep it on 78), but I thought I should add that).

2. Foam smell went away. Again, if it hadn't, I would have bought an egg crate so my nose wasn't right on it.

3. It is a firm mattress. You would never believe it if you sat on the side but when your whole body is stretched out, it is firm. It is a good firm though. I always thought I was a soft mattress guy, but after sleeping 4 years on a pillow top and a bad back to show it, I am making the switch. I figured if I needed it softer, I could buy an egg crate (see a pattern here?).

4. DO NOT TAKE OFF THE WHITE COTTON COVER. This is apparently the equivalent of the do not remove for penalty of jail tag. If you read the brochure that comes with the mattress it tells you that the warranty is void if you do that. So put some other cover over that if you must.

5. My wife has a memory foam pillow and it contours big time to your head and if you move your head, it is like you are squishing down Mount Everest again. This mattress is not like that. Very mild contouring which I think is a real plus.

6. As other reviews say, it is heavy as Hades. I got it upstairs with me pushing it up with my back and my wife getting it over each stair hump. I would NOT recommend this if you have a bad back, etc. Get a couple guys to do it.

Anyway it is late, I am tired, and I have a fantastic bed to go sleep in.

UPDATE: Unfortunately, we have had numerous 100+ degree weather days here in Georgia. Fortunately, however, I have not had any problems with feeling hot because of the bed.
UPDATE: Year later, no sagging, still very happy.
UPDATE: Two years later, no sagging, still very happy.
UPDATE: Three years later, no sagging, still very happy.
UPDATE: Well after four years, we noticed the memory foam top 2.5 inches was much softer than when we bought it. I guess it is to be expected, but we want a very firm mattress. Best option is flipping over and putting your own new memory foam topper on. That will make this a 14" tall mattress, which makes me think maybe it would have been better to start with the 10" model.

3.0 out of 5 stars MUST READ - GOOD/BAD 1000 reviews really?, December 23, 2013

I just bought this bed 3 weeks ago, I am going to tell you the good and the bad.

First about us, we are 31y/o, I am 200lb 5'11", my gf is 5'4" 120lbs. I recently had a spinal fusion. Our old mattress was an expensive innerspring pillow top seally mattress 12 - 14" queen. The bed was 7 years old, and in pretty good condition, on a box spring. I had to change because it was giving me terrible back aches when i woke up- My guess is because of the spine surgery, but also because my gf wakes up like 3 times a night for bathroom breaks or night snacks... i know weird right. Any how every time she would get up, i'd wake up because of the motion transfer in an inner coil mattress. Long story short, back aches and bad night sleeps.

I did tons of research and went to the stores and tried all the mattresses (tempurapedic, iCloud, etc.) , but as i am not made of money I was looking for a cheaper option for a memory foam mattress. I came across this bed, saw all the great reviews and was sold. I did see the 12" but when i was reading the make-up of the bed it looked like the extra 2 inches were more dense support-foam and not more memory foam, so i decided to go with this one and get to the two free pillows.

Good: this bed is exactly like the tempurapedic mattresses I tried in the store, exactly! It came in a box the size of a small dorm room fridge and expanded as indicated. Took like 24hrs, Yes there is off gassing, but that's not to bad, we let the bed open up and started sleeping on it a few days later. When you push your hand into the mattress you defiantly can feel the memory foam, just like the picture, but when laying on the bed it is firm... at first.

Bad: What i mean is (Just like the tempurapedic) when you jump into bed it's solid, and then you sink in as indicated. This is good and bad. If you find a good spot to lay it's great, but if you want to role over, or change positions you kinda get stuck in your rut. Also because of the sink-in factor you become cocooned and you can get warm if your a hot sleeper like me.(also my gf weighed 80 lbs less than me and didn't sink in as much and as such had even worse night sleeps then the old mattress)

At first i was nervous that I just dumped a lot of money into a mattress that i might not like and would cost a lot to return (read bottom). I slept on it for 2 nights and decided that i needed to make a change before just returning it.

First, The box spring was older, and i was reading reviews, if you put some 3/4" plywood under your mattress it will be better for the longevity of the mattress, as well as support your body a bit better. I guess the memory foam mattresses were designed to go straight on a solid surface, like the floor, so if you are using a box spring, just toss a few sheets of plywood underneath.

Next, Again like i said, i was very nervous i bought the wrong bed. But it was inexpensive to begin with, so i wasn't too upset with having to spend a little more money in my sleep investment- after all, your bed is one of the most important decisions in your life... it helps you be more productive during the day if you sleep well at night, so take my advice and make sure you buy the right mattress. READ THE FOLLOWING VERY CAREFULLY IT MADE THIS BED AWESOME!!!

So here is where the bed went from ALRIGHT, to FREEKING AWESOME!!!

Like i said, i was semi-dissapointed with the firmness on impact and then getting stuck in my rut, so i looked into a memory foam topper for it, yes i know what your thinking, "i just bought a bed and now i need to buy a topper, why not just buy the larger mattress then?" Seriously do what i say and you will have the most comfortable bed ever! So what i did is went out and bought a memory foam topper 3" that was less dense foam than the dense foam of the SI 10" mattress. It was an ISOTONIC ISOSOFT MATTRESS TOPPER. Roll that out on the bed, and let it open up just like the SI bed had to. The topper that i bought came with a little feather pillow top that helps make your initial impact EVEN SOFTER, and it also keep you a little cooler than being straight on the memory foam.

Wa-LA! $400 (down from $1500) Sleep Innovations 10" sure ten memory foam mattress + $190 (down from $600) Isotonic Isosoft memory foam mattress topper + $40 in plywood... BEST BED EVER! Seriously you jump into this thing and immediately sleep like a dream.

The key to the topper is:
1) the topper is made of less dense foam which allows you to shift or move if you want to change positions, because it expands faster being less dense
2) when you jump into bed you don't get the solid thump of the mattress alone, you get this soft pillow-top, soft memory foam feel...
3) because it is less dense foam, when you sink down a bit and settle in to the position you'd like to sleep, you then sink into the sleep innovations foam and you are set for dream land!!!
4) cuts down even further of the motion transfer of my gf so i don't even feel her when she gets up!

I have slept through every night, and dreamt every night i've had this set up. Initially I was disappointed in all those people that rated this 5 stars, I don't think they were all truthful... I also don't think the people who gave it 1 or 2 stars really ever gave this thing a chance.

Hope this helped. It has defiantly changed my days, i wake up refreshed, not sore, and ready to start my day!

Lastly, If you for some reason don't do what i said, and want to return this, you MOST DEFIANTLY CAN, all you need to do is contact amazon, ask for their large box division and they will send a truck and return the item AT NO SHIPPING COST you don't need the box, just the receipt.

Lastly lastly, if you want that in writing you can contact amazon customer service prior to purchasing this item and they can email you those two sheets to make sure that you don't get jammed with a products that you might not be too happy with... especially if you were expected to pay for return shipping it would probably cost you just as much as the bed.

Hope this helps - CD

2,370 of 2,585 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars Mattress is hard & hot, buy with caution, December 12, 2011
This review is from: Sleep Innovations 12-Inch SureTemp Memory Foam Mattress 20-Year Warranty, Queen (Kitchen)
I'm not a big Amazon reviewer, but I spent so much time reading mattress reviews before I bought the Sleep Innovations 12" Queen mattress that I felt I should contribute to the discussion as there seems to be a disproportionate number of wholly positive reviews on here. I am trying, hope against hope, to fall in love with this mattress, but it's hard. It's hard as in difficult and it's hard as in I have nicknamed the mattress "The Marble Slab" because this thing is more a morgue table than it is a bed.

Background
I had the same, crapsterella, full-size, basic spring mattress from Serta for 16 years. That's way too long to keep a bed. I know this. I purchased a $200 mattress topper from Bed, Bath & Beyond in order to "extend the life of it" (really, it should have been put out of its misery a decade ago). The topper did make the bed heavenly soft, but I also found myself sleeping at the bottom of a crevasse and having to claw my way out--the topper had no support. I threw my back out after a lifetime of not a single backache (It can happen to you! Stretch! I'm young and active and one day it just went and oh my goodness). Climbing out of the mattress topper was horrible for my back and I decided it was time to buy a new bed. Since I hadn't bought a bed since the Clinton administration, I was delighted to find bed technology had made some technological strides for the better. I had stayed at a friend's home for a month and never slept better; he informed me that his bed was "one of those memory foam ones" and I went on my quest. I went to a midtown NYC Sleepy's and risked catching a social disease lying on their filthy Tempurpedics and latex/foam combos and foam/spring melanges and determined that yes I loved the foam and no I could not pay $2000+ for a new mattress. I turned to Amazon and the overwhelming number of great reviews for Sleep Innovations finally got me (I also explored Bobopedic, Angel Beds, etc.). I had the thing delivered to my NYC apartment.

As others have said a million times, the box is small, the thing weighs about 100 lbs., there is no way on earth you are going to get this upstairs if you are a weak-limbed girl with a back problem. My gym-buffed 6'3" friend pushed it up the one flight with difficulty. Unpacking it was a breeze, there was really no smell, I was psyched to have invested in perhaps the World's Most Praised Mattress. Onward to sleeping.

PROS
If you've been sleeping on a busted old mattress with a busted old boxspring and a ridiculous memory foam topper that only makes things worse, things are looking up when you first lie on the Sleep Innovations mattress. It's flat. It's firm.

-You are not going to roll around a lot. Which is a good thing, because you do sleep more soundly. So soundly you are going to maybe wake up in a little pool of your own drool because you haven't moved a muscle.

-It's firm. If you need back support, which I do, you aren't going to worry that you're sleeping on too soft a pillow-top or you're doing bad things for your spine. This thing is supportive.

-It's high. I like a high bed. I have it on a boxspring (that weird one people say to get on here that you put together yourself is really a decent boxspring, I've clearly been listening to Amazon reviews) and so it's about 20" high from the ground with a bed frame. This is good for getting up with your bad back, as there are no springs to launch you out of bed.

-You can sit on the edge and put your shoes on. I've heard there are foam mattresses that have no edge support. With a mattress this hard, that's no problem.

-There are occasional nights of good, maybe great, sleep. You will go to your brother's house and sleep on a normal mattress, one you have slept on for years and used to think was a little hard, and think "This is too soft! Beds are not supposed to be this soft and springy, this is not good for my back." You are probably right, but it's a matter of degrees.

CONS
OK, listen to me. I'm a picky sleeper, but not that picky. As in I sleep well in most hotel beds that pride themselves on comfort (W, Westin, etc.). I like a firm bed. I also thought, before I got this mattress, that I slept cold.

-Listen to the people who say this mattress is hard. They are not kidding. They may be a tiny chorus that you're ignoring, as I did, needing to believe that this mattress is amazing and those people were a freakish minority, since every other review says this mattress is just right. I've given it time to get used to, and I am still kind of shocked each night at how hard this thing is. There is no burrowing down into your bed. There is no "oh my god my bed is so comfortable and cozy". There's a lot of "what the hell, I might as well be sleeping on the wood floor".

-You won't toss and turn, it's true, but if you TRY to turn, good luck. You can't roll around on this mattress. If you need to roll over, you're going to have to push yourself up on your arm and physically flip yourself over. There's no give. There's no help from the mattress to roll over. If you like to turn to get to the cool side of the pillow, you're better off turning the pillow. Or getting over your need to get to the cool side, because there is no such thing as a cool side in this bed. Which brings me to...

-I am not menopausal, but I believe I have now experienced the discomfiting experience of hot flashes, thanks to the blazing oven that is the Sleep Innovations mattress. Imagine a pizza stone in a wood-burning oven. You are the pizza. HOT! Hot bed! I turn the heat off and still roast away in this bed. I did research to find what on earth was going on since, as mentioned earlier, I tend to be cold when I sleep. I read that a wool mattress cover is going to turn down the heat on a hot foam mattress. Not true. It does give a scratchy, horsehair sort of feel to the bed, which is not pleasant, but it's not cooling it down. People say to get the memory foam topper, but I'm a little wary of the Amazon reviewers on here now, because I feel they've led me astray once before. Listen to me. This bed is warm. I'm a normal person and I'm sleeping in a drafty New York apartment in December with a summer quilt and it's too much blanket. Farewell, down duvet. I won't be needing you now that I've got a flaming mattress. How can we sleep while our beds are burning indeed.

I am really trying to fall in love with this mattress. I so want it to be everything amazing that everyone else says on here. Anyone who lies on my bed or sleeps in it is shocked at how hard it is. I've heard a lot of "I could never sleep on that" and "That is not comfortable" and I feebly cry that it is great (the power of positive protesting!) and great for my back (less pain, but the bar was looow) and really quite a bargain (the price tag is amazing, I'll admit it, but there needs to be a happy medium).

I had given the bed 3 stars, as I do sleep okay sometimes, but then changed it to two after I realized I don't have many good things to say about it. I think I like my bedframe (the Crate & Barrel Scholar Bed) and the fact that it's a queen more than I like anything about the mattress. I really want to be clear that this is a troublesome bed for this not-too-picky sleeper and encourage you to think twice before ignoring the critical reviews of the Sleep Innovations 12-inch Sure Temp Memory Foam Mattress - Queen Size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a Tempur Pedic but Maybe close ???, January 10, 2011
I have waited a month to do this review to be as accurate as possible on this purchase. We researched this purchase extensively before deciding to purchase prior to the holidays. We previously had a Simmons Euro top ultra plush king that only lasted 5 years before it started to become uncomfortable and bother my back. We went to numerous stores to lay on Tempur pedic mattresses and other brands. We could not justify spending $3000 on a mattress that we might not like. It seemed like people either loved or hated these memory foam products.
We were a bit apprehensive about purchasing online but the reviews of this product were mostly positive. At a third of the price i figured we couldn't go wrong. We did look at other companies but there were some concerns about the foam being used and where the products were being made. sleep innovations website was good and revlieved any fears on the foam etc.

We had free shipping but it did take close to 4 weeks to get the product which was a little surprising. It comes in a VERY small box that required two people to lift but it could easily be pushed. We opened it up on the foundation as diagramed in the instructions. It was quite cold but it still flattened out within about 2 hours. I have a sensitive nose and my wife even moreso and we noticed essentially NO smell which we were prepared for based on other reviews. We waited 2 days to sleep on it.

Here is where we found the difference between the Tempur Pedic product and the SI mattress. I found the mattress to be quite hard and honestly rather uncomfortable for the first 2 weeks. The "sink" in feeling of the TP beds just wasnt there. My wife was starting to get frusterated with it so we purchased a Down "topper" cover to go over it and PERFECT.... It is now much more comfortable and we are both sleeping better.

We are not big people but it seemed like we bottomed out the memory foam and were sleeping more on the hard foam product. In any event, now I feel like we have a good bed that is comfortable and will hopefully last at still a third of the price of a Tempur pedic.....But had to add the Topper to get the desired comfort we wanted...

5.0 out of 5 stars Why most of people who gave this product a bad review, did so. Also Tips about this kind of matresss, March 13, 2013
Hello all, I work as a researcher with one of the top nano-particle experts in the world.

If anyone is complaining about this mattress being way too firm, it might have been because they did not give it time to warm up.

Wonder why they say don't sleep on it for 24 - 48 hours? It's because the polymers that make up this mattress are effected by temperature. It needs a lot of time to heat up to room temp as it's expanding. If constant force (i.e. your body on the mattress) is applied to the mattress before it has time to heat up to room temperature (fully inside and out), the mattress is going stay in a compressed form as it heats up and and hold that form forever. It will render you a very stiff investment.

Also, DO NOT GET WATER ON THIS PRODUCT. Water will break down the polymers inside the mattress and thus deteriorate it's ability to support. Not only that, it's EXTREMELY hard for the water to evaporate so in most cases, it will stay in the mattress. This means that sweat will effect the bed.

Make sure that you purchase a liquid proof cover.

4.0 out of 5 stars You get your money's worth!, January 30, 2013
First of all I added about 5 customer images, which when I was originally looking to purchase this, was something that I desperately wanted to see. So check that out if your interested or message me and I can send you the pics and video that I took. Now on to the review.

I am going to start with the Cons of this mattress and then I will discuss the things that I like. I have been sleeping on this mattress for 2 weeks exactly.

This mattress is pretty firm. You are not going to feel like you are laying on a marshmallow when you sleep on this mattress. That I can assure you of. To tell you the truth, I don't think that I have actually ever felt like this was really contouring to my body. I believe it does (to a degree) but you really don't feel it. It's a little deceiving to tell you the truth. When I first got it, and laid down on it for the first time (without sheets and blankets on it) I felt like I was sinking in but that was short lived. So if you are hoping for the most plush soft mattress in the world, keep on looking.

Now for the Good. The shipping was amazing. With PRIME i got it in 1 day for $3.99 shipping. It was a birthday gift to myself. It came in a very sturdy box and was packaged very nice. Once out of the box, I threw it on my box spring (Yes Sleep Innovations says you can use a box spring)and carefully split the plastic that holds it together. It expanded really quick, and within 30 minutes, I had a usable mattress. There were some indentations and a little unevenness, but that all went away by the following morning.

The smell was minor, didn't bother me in the slightest bit. I still smell it every once in a while when I walk in the bedroom, but it's minor. I read reviews where they claimed that the mattress didn't expand correctly or wouldn't lay flat, I did not have this issue. It's a full queen size mattress with a solid 12 inch side.

I am sleeping much better than before. My other mattress was pretty worn out so I assumed that I would. I also purchased a memory foam contour pillow. I believe it is a perfect match with this mattress. I did wake up one morning with my back hurting, but it only happened once.

All in all, I believe for $428.00 that you are getting a good deal. At this price point, this purchase is a no brainer! The most attractive selling point about the SI Memory Foam bed, is the fact that it is manufactured in the USA! Who want's to sleep on a China made bed? I am not a mattress expert, but it looks like a good mattress. I believe the workmanship on this mattress to be exceptional.

Anyhow hope this helps, and Enjoy!

JPD

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT mattress for the money!, January 2, 2013
We have been putting off purchasing a new mattress for several years now. Our backs, necks, and joints have suffered accordingly. During our search for a replacement to the coil spring torture chamber we have called a bed we must have laid on 200 different mattresses. After laying on a $6000+ tempurpedic we knew we wanted a memory foam or memory gel mattress and a traditional coil spring mattress was completely out of the question. We also knew we didn't want to make payments on a BED so we immediately started looking for cheaper alternatives.

When I first saw the Sleep Innovations mattress on AMAZON I dismissed it as an option not believing it could come close to matching a Tempurpedic performance at the price. As the (mostly) positive reviews kept flowing in we decided to take the leap of faith and FINALLY replace the coil spring mattress.

We placed the order on December 16th 2012. The bed arrived on December 18th. It was in an almost square box weighing a little over 100 pounds. I didn't have a hand truck so I carefully unboxed it in the garage and dragged it (in plastic bag) from the garage to the bedroom.

Our bed is a modern Italian platform. The slats are about 3 to 4 inches wide. To avoid any issues we purchased two 84x34 plywood panels to place on the slats to give the mattress something nice and flat to lay on. When we cut the plastic based on the instructions the mattress quickly unfolded. It went completely to full shape in about an hour. When we first laid down on it, PURE HEAVEN. We DID notice that our feet were hanging off the bottom. Odd, as we figured king size was king size. Only then did we figure out the instructions were based on you opening the bed from one side or the other, not from the bottom. We carefully turned it and we fit just fine on it. To shorten the review I'd like to simply give our observations based on the CONS of the reviewers who, surprisingly, did not like the mattress.

1. Comfort - This bed is FIRM. The harder you crash on it the firmer it feels. If you gently ease into it, you'll find it's very forgiving and cushy. Some reviewers mention it is like sleeping on a door, or a hardwood floor. That is just RIDICULOUS. I can imagine, if you keep your house under 60 degrees and sleep in coats it might feel firmer than it should but if you keep your house reasonably warm, and pull the covers up, the bed will adjust to your body. It feels almost identical to a foam based Tempurpedic. It CANNOT match the gel we tried, but that bed was many THOUSANDS of dollars. The first night we slept on this mattress was magic. I didn't want to get up. When you ARE ready to get up, getting out of this bed is MUCH easier than a coil spring mattress.

2. Smell - The bed INDEED had a noticeable odor when first opened from the package. I would compare it to sleeping in a room that had been painted with latex paint the day before. It took about three days for me to not notice it and about a week for my wife to stop asking "When does the smell supposed to go away?". Once again, it is not a repulsive odor (unless you find a freshly painted room repulsive). After a week we smell nothing.

3. Heat - I'm going to reserve judgement for the summer. I have been sleeping like a baby on this thing. I HAVE noticed I'm warmer under the covers now. I can't tell if it's the heat coming from the bed, or the wife has added a layer to our blankets since it has been so cold. For the people complaining about the heat, this bed should be a godsend in the winter. You can turn your thermostat down and save $$$. I will follow up in June or July to update on how comfortable the bed is, heat wise, but I can tell you in January it feels wonderful.

4. Support - Just about any chiropractor will tell you firmer is better. Memory foam gives where you need it and supports were you don't. My neck and back feel wonderful. When I sleep on my side my shoulders still get the tingles occasionally from circulation issues but I can't imagine any bed performing better.

5. Edges - A lot of 1 star reviewers complained that the edges were not soft or uneven etc. I'm not saying their liars but the bed I received has perfect edges. It is firm enough to sit at the end of the bed and put on my shoes, which is great.

6. Sex - If you had great sex before this mattress you're probably going to have even better sex now. Some beds tend to "work against you" when you a get a rhythm going. Not this mattress. Your knees will sink in nicely, but firm enough to hold you up and get busy! I've only tried 10 or 12 positions so I can't vouch for all, but if you are a "stick with the standards" type you should be more than happy with the mattress in this regard.

I have had this bed for less than a month and I LOVE IT! I will attempt to follow up every six months to update on how it is holding up. Long term quality could be an issue, and apparently has been with some. At this price I'm hoping to get five good years out of it. Hope this helps and that all of you get to enjoy the kind of sleep I'm getting :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Mattress never unfolded; lousy manufacturer followup, June 17, 2013
Cicada60 (Mechanicsville, MD) - See all my reviews
If you buy this mattress, don't buy it anywhere except Amazon; Sleep Innovations customer service is awful. My bed never unfolded. Three days after setup, it is still shaped in a longitudinal V and, in fact, hasn't unfolded at all in the last 48 hours and obviously isn't going to. I spent hours researching online before I decided on this bed due to the high rating from reviewers. This problem seems to be uncommon; everyone (and the manufacturer) said their bed unfolded in 4-5 hours and they slept on it the first night. I've been sleeping on the couch for 3 nights waiting for this bed to lose its "taco" shape.

I sent photos to Sleep Innovations expecting an immediate response. They said that I needed to supply 5 different pieces of documentation and warned that "missing information or documents will delay the process and review of your claim," then "should your claim be approved, we will contact you...Your replacement will be shipped UPS Ground and may take up to ten business days to be delivered." (this mattress arrived overnight). Unacceptable I said, and called Amazon. No problem--Amazon is shipping me a replacement mattress overnight and will have someone pick up the taco mattress, no charge, no documentation needed. No thanks Sleep Innovations. I love Amazon!

UPDATE 6/23/13 - Amazon's replacement mattress arrived in less than 24 hours and unfolded, literally, in one minute. As soon as we released it from its "cocoon," it laid completely flat and was immediately ready for use. It must have been packed immediately before it was shipped. Two guys with a big truck picked up the first mattress. Fortunately we didn't have to try to refold it or box it; they took it "as is" which was still in a V shape, 6 days after it was unboxed. I'm happy with the mattress now that I finally have one that I can actually sleep on. P.S. The free pillows are great although not queen size!

1.0 out of 5 stars i've made a huge mistake., December 18, 2013
some reviews said this mattress was hard. "how could memory foam be hard?" i thought. so like a big dummy, i ordered it anyway. first of all, it is kind of cool how you get it smooshed into a box, and then it unfolds itself. it's very heavy! it kind of smells weird for awhile too, like rubber and chemicals, but that does go away eventually. eventually. so when i first flopped onto it i thought i loved it. but then i started sleeping on this slab of concrete. i know this will sound farfetched, but i soon developed a hip that was constantly sore. i found myself always putting my weight on my other side as i stood, because my hip was so sore. then i went on vacation for 2 weeks and after about 5 days, no hip pain. came home... within 2 days, hip pain. it was this stinkin' mattress, wrecking the side i sleep on! i finally invested another $60 in a memory foam topper to make it livable, because i sure can't afford another new mattress. and trust me, once this thing comes OUT of the box, it sure as heck isn't going back IN to return it. i don't have a clue how you'd go about returning this monstrosity. so anyway, with the topper i can survive and occasionally sleep through the night, but it is by no means comfortable or forgiving. rolling over is a chore because while it's not "cushy" it does somehow mold around you just enough to make you want to die inside if the tv remote falls on the floor. i've had this thing for a year and my boyfriend is STILL complaining about how much it complicates.... "cuddling." if you get this mattress and want to do some cuddling of your own, i hope you're in good shape because this mattress isn't going to use physics to help you, only to hinder you. please, please, please do yourself a favor and buy a different mattress. i am a huge fan of amazon, but i have learned a valuable lesson - buying a mattress online without laying on it first is the highway to the danger zone. don't do it. i'm serious. i know you want to. i know you think i'm wrong and that maybe your mattress will be magically wonderful. i thought the SAME THING. you think maybe it won't stink and it will make you feel like a snuggly little bunny, and your cuddletime will be straight out of cirque du soleil. it won't. turn back now before it's too late. you're welcome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truth, this mattress rocks!, May 6, 2011
Okay, so here was my situation. When my pillow top mattress arrived years ago the delivery guys said they could not get it upstairs into my bedroom because they would have to bend it in order to get it up the stairs. Well, the sales guy at the store said the mattress could bend in order to fit it up the stairs so we told the delivery guys to just "get it up there!" They did and everything was fine, for awhile. Recently we noticed a large valley in the middle of the king sized, pillow top mattress. At first it was no big deal but the last month or so, it was HORRIBLE! So, I was on the hunt for a new mattress. I knew I needed a memory foam mattress because it needed to fit up stairs. And mind you, I don't live in an elf house but the doorway to the upstairs is at a strange angle so no spring mattresses will work.

What does everyone do when they start looking at memory foam mattresses? They look at that name brand memory foam mattress that costs thousands of dollars. I didn't really want to spend that much money, I mean, who does. But I would have if that was the only mattress that I felt was going to work for my wife and I. Now this part is important, I did a TON of research on the internet. No need to research folks, I did it for you! It came down to this mattress or the one available at Sam's Club. After doing more research and Amazon's great reputation, I decided to try this mattress. And I am SO GLAD that I did!

I ordered the mattress and it took a week and half to get to me. No problem. The shipping was free, yes free! So how could I complain? That mattress came in a box about 4.5 feet tall and about 2 feet deep. It was heavy, about 100 lbs. I was able to get it into the house and up my stairs by myself. Any man, in any decent kind of physical shape, will be able to push, pull, carry or drag the box into their house and up stairs. Some women can do it too I am sure! Not trying to be sexist, just realistic.

Anyway, I set up my new bed frame, the folding frame by Structure available and purchased from Amazon as well. This frame is great. SO EASY to put together! Just fold open and screw the two sides together done. Way easier and better for your memory foam mattress than a standard box spring. Once the frame was set up I opened the box and pulled out the mattress. The mattress will be FOLDED IN HALF and scrunched up so it looks like Z's from the side. It will also be in a plastic bag in which all the air has been sucked out. PUT THE MATTRESS ON THE FRAME BEFORE CUTTING OPEN THIS BAG. The down side of the mattress is blue. This is really the only part of the mattress that you will see in the bag since it is folded over. As long as the mattress is on the frame, you can turn it in the right direction after opening the bag. Carefully cut the bag open and you will start to hear the air being sucked in. The mattress will start to get bigger but no need to go super fast as you will have plenty of time to cut open the bag and pull it out from under the mattress.

Once the bag is off the mattress starts to get bigger and bigger and bigger. Once it opens up you will feel bumps an dips in the mattress. Don't worry, after an hour or two these will no longer be there. There is a smell. The room will smell as if you recently painted the walls. This smell slowly goes away. It really is no big deal. In fact, after I made up the bed, I could barely smell it.

The mattress does come with a protecter already over it but I would recommend putting your own on it as well. King size sheets went on perfectly. Hour after hour the mattress would feel better. I was really surprised how nice it felt.

Okay, so I opened the mattress around 1pm. At about 10pm my wife and I went up to bed. The mattress felt like a dream! It is a bit firm but once you lay down, you will slowly melt into it. You will not sink down 6 inches or anything like that, but you will melt in an inch or so. And it will feel fantastic! The mattress did feel a bit warmer than my old one, but IT WAS NOT HOT! You really won't notice a big difference. I slept great last night! Way better than my last mattress! One I paid around 2 grand for!!!! What a rip!

Here are some other things that I read in other reviews.

It is hard to get out of the bed. Not so. You can sit on the side, move around, get in and out. No problem.
"Non-sleeping activities" are tough in this bed. Not at all. If their are problems, it ain't the bed!
It stinks. Like I said before, like fresh paint in the room. But as of today, I smell nothing. No worries!
It is too firm. I don't think so. I usually like soft beds. But this one has changed my mind.
You must work for Amazon or Sleep Innovations. Haha. Nope. City employee who is hoping I have a pension in 20 years (fingers crossed).

I had MAJOR reservations about purchasing a mattress without ever trying it. But what was I going to do? I was kinda stuck. But I pulled the trigger on this mattress and I DON'T REGRET IT! Not one bit! If you are on the fence about purchasing this mattress, just DO IT! I have been looking at this mattress since Christmas! Yes, that long! I should have bought it then. I'm glad I did and like one poster said, if it only lasts 5 years, so what! I can buy another one for a fraction of the cost of the "name brand" memory foam mattress. But I don't see that as being a problem because everything about this mattress is impressive.

If you have any questions, I will check back and answer them for you.