1,402 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars So Comfortable!
Published on August 25, 2008 by Cookbookaddict

1.0 out of 5 stars Hate to be the first negative FB - but
Published on April 3, 2012 by M. A. French

5.0 out of 5 stars So Comfortable!, August 25, 2008
Cookbookaddict (Philadelphia, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I love my very hard mattress which keeps my back in decent shape but lately I have been noticing painful pressure points on my hips which make me toss and turn all night. After looking for a pillow top (there is none on my mattress) I turned to Amazon for reviews, read the reviews here and decided on this mattress top. Thank all of you who placed reviews here! I am delighted with my choice. No more pressure points. Very little tossing and turning. No bad foam rubber odor. Very, very comfortable. This pad will not turn a worn out old mattress into a new one, but if you have a good supportive mattress that is just a bit uncomfortable, this is a really good thing.

UPDATE: April 27, 2011. This pad is just as good as it was when new. It is not showing any wear after three years of use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hate to be the first negative FB - but, April 3, 2012
We had previously purchased three of these memory foam toppers for all the beds in our home but one, in 2011 & we were thrilled with each one of them. Recently we bought an RV & wanted one for that RV queen bed so we ordered another one. It arrived & we opened the box, put it on the bed that we had borrowed the topper from for the RV & saw immediately that it was no where the same weight & consistency as the other three. We contacted Amazon who replaced this new purchase with another quickly. GREAT service from Amazon !! This second arrived & sadly it was the same weight as the first one received.
We did a little investigation & found that the shipping weight on the boxes was shown as 11 lbs & 12 lbs on the second & the shipping weight on the topper site of Amazon showed 16 pounds shipping weight for a queen. We double checked the weight of this newest topper by holding it & not holding it while on the bathroom scale & found the shipping weight of 12 lbs to be correct. We had opened the box to check it out but the topper was still in the box.
So it is our guess that the supplier has cheapened this product & neglected to tell the seller, Amazon ??
Both of our toppers shipped from GA so we have no idea what the other shipping centers might be shipping.
Please be aware of these toppers that are shipping now, as they ain't what they used to be, and the pricing had been increased !!

4/4/2012 UPDATE
When my wife & I went to pack up the first of two toppers sent to us by Amazon, for return to Amazon, & we were thinking that this would be a real chore getting this topper back into the box it came in. SURPRISE - it was no problem at all to fold & then rool the topper back up & put it into the box with room to spare ! If the quality of this topper had been even close to that of those purchased in 2011, we'd have never gotten it into that box again - NO WAY !
We noticed also when removing the topper from the bed it was on, that when you pressed the palm of your hand into this topper & then removed it, there was NO hand print left in this topper at all ! NOT MEMORY foam at all !!
We do need another queen topper but at this time, this quality is not for us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Far better than expected!, August 6, 2007
Being too cheap to buy a new mattress, I picked this up when it was on sale, and couldn't be happier with it. I'd been wary of trying memory foam, given the wide variety of complaints about them (too small, smells bad, too hot, etc.), but now I wish I had given in sooner. This fits perfectly, lost its weird odor in about two days, and is cooler than just my unpadded mattress. And, while it doesn't make my mattress seem comfy enough to be brand new, its more than comfy enough to put off buying a new one a while longer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Current product is NOT the same one that has received so many positive reviews!, May 25, 2012
I've been looking for a mattress topper to make our guest bed a little more comfortable. Due to the overwhelming number of positive reviews for this topper, I confidently placed my order. When it was delivered, I removed the mattress--which arrived compressed and wrapped in plastic wrap--and expected it to take an hour or more to fully expand (like other memory foam mattresses toppers we have purchased). I was astonished when it fully expanded in WELL UNDER A MINUTE.

Because it expanded much quicker than I had anticipated, it wasn't situated on the bed correctly, and I grabbed the topper to move it around. As I pulled the topper into position, the pressure of my fingers against the foam caused small rips, which made me quickly realize I needed to be more careful with it. Once it was situated, I experimented with the foam to get a sense of what I was dealing with, pressing my hand into the topper and releasing it. The "memory foam" instantly returned to the original state, with very little evidence that any memory foam effect was present at all. Laying on the topper, I was equally unimpressed. Not much support was present at all. To be fair, the comfort of the mattress was improved, but no where near the point that would be required to justify the $80 spent. A foam "egg crate" would have done at least as good of a job.

Believing this couldn't possibly be the same product that received the rave reviews here on Amazon, I initially thought I had been sent the wrong product by mistake. Indeed, I noticed the tag that came with the topper indicated a Queen should weigh 15 lbs. The ITEM DESCRIPTION indicates the weight should be 19 lbs, but the actual weight is less than either one - 12 lbs! I used the weight, along with the dimensions (78 x 58 x 2) to calculate a density of 2.29 lbs - which absolutely is NOT the advertised 3 lb density. Looking through some of the more recent reviews, I see I am not the only one to have discovered this, and I can only assume that the product is currently an inferior imposter to the one that received such high marks before.

So, I sent it back for a refund. The only plus side is that it was not at all difficult to compress the topper to fit it in the box it arrived in. I've received the refund from Amazon, and I'm happy to be rid of it. Really a shame.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad Memory Foam Topper, January 3, 2008
D. Equils "dequils" (Valley Village, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This foam topper is 8 pounds out of the box which puts the density at 3 pounds per cubic food. This is the way one measures the quality of foam toppers. The previous one that I bought from eBay (and am in the process of returning) was a cheap 1.5 pounds per cubic foot which is on the low end. To find the density, multiply the dimensions (e.g. 30x72x2 and divide by 12, 3 times) and then divide the weight by this number. 8 pounds in this case. The high end is around 5 pounds per cubic foot.

You will find that sleeping on foams of different densities feels rough;y the same. The difference is in how long they last, the higher the density, the longer they will last.

Hopes this helps and sweet dreams.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bait and switch -- Beware!, May 17, 2012
Jthcds (Holly Springs, NC) - See all my reviews
Length:: 0:12 Mins

It seems that this company had sold a decent product. However, the product that I received (and several other recent purchasers) was inferior.

First, it is not memory foam. This short video demonstrates there is NO memory effect.
Second, the density is not as stated. This is confirmed by the shipping weight of only 12 pounds, when the listing states 16 pounds.

We sent ours back and were promptly refunded by Amazon. We found another product on Amazon that is the proper density and is memory foam (we paid a little more for it). Don't be misled by the high ratings -- they must have reviewed a higher-quality product that has now been replaced by non-memory, low-density foam.

1.0 out of 5 stars appalling bait & swtich, shame that amazon played into it, June 21, 2012
Length:: 0:08 Mins

I just checked. Like some of the other reviewers stated, the mattress they shipped was NOT the one described. The shipping weight from UPS was 13lb rather than the stated 19lb (or amazon's own estimate of 16lb). It's definitely not "memory" nor dense and it's hard to distinguish it from cheap foam pads that you can get elsewhere for much cheaper.

I tried to contact Amazon and that was where it got really bizarre. First the Amazon rep [...] assured me that I got the correct order and the manufacturer may have changed the product. She offered to send a replacement, which I didn't want to waste the time on if it's only going to be the same cheap lighter foam pad. Then she changed her mind and insists what I got must have been a lemon and what Amazon has in stock is definitely the higher quality original topper. I referred her to all the recent reviews and just waneted to make sure that I will not be wasting time squeezing all the memory foam back into the box (To which she succinctly responded "I'm certain you will be able to stuff it back")& ship it off etc in exchange only for the same low quality product.

I've never ever experienced this level of customer service from Amazon. My family has various Prime accounts for years. I thought it was only the manufacturer playing the bait & switch but it has become apparent to me that Amazon is well aware of it but unfortunately decided to play into it. A customer service associate later called me back (Chloe M.), while she did apologize, she spent the entire time checking on my order history and then sent me to call the manufacturer instead.

Bottom line: Be very careful when ordering this mattress. I got it when it was $50 for Queen size yet I will be returning it. The high reviews were not for the SAME product that you will be receiving as of June 21st, 2012

UPDATE 06-25-2012: I just got the replacement from Amazon and it was the same cheap-instant-bounce-back light foam. See the video for detail and check other recent 1-star reviews as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Great on the back and the pocketbook, February 8, 2008
This visco elastic is the same as the ones out there going for close to $200.00. It came packaged nicely and the first night on my hospital bed i have at home i can't tell you the pressure it took off my back and the comfort. Being i have 4 herniated discs, 8 pinched nerves and both problems with my si joints among other health issues, the 2 inch was very plush and has yet to lose it's comfort and go down like pillows to. Excellent price and excellent product. I run the QVC Addicts board and have posted about this and so many have ordered and i keep getting excellent feedback from them also.

5.0 out of 5 stars We're believers (for now), October 27, 2009
This may sound strange, but my wife and I bought this as a topper for our memory foam bed! We bought the bed a year ago from that online "bed-in-a _ _ _ " place and loved it for about 4 months. Then the top layer of soft memory foam started to stay compressed against the much stiffer bottom layer of foam. We found out that the less expensive foam beds only have two layers of foam, with the top layer being light-weight and too thin. We started noticing pressure points, we'd awake in the middle of the night with arms or legs that ached or were totally numb, and the quality of sleep had greatly diminished. Not wanting to spend another $800 - $2000 on a new bed, we decided to try the 2" Visco2 Topper, based on the good reviews on Amazon. The topper brought us immediate relief. And our bed is now much cooler than it was before we added the topper. It's like a brand new bed! We love it. We're writing this review after only a week's use, so we can't say about the long-term durability of the topper. But the manufacturer claims that it won't be prone to compression or sagging like other foam products, so we're very hopeful. For now, we're really loving it. If we can get a couple years or more of comfort like we've had this week, we'll be ecstatic. If things change, I'll update this review.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT THE SAME PRODUCT AS EARLIER THIS YEAR, July 19, 2012
I had to come and write a review bc I was so disappointed with this.

I ordered this same topper from the same company for my king bed in January and it was fantastic. It was true memory foam. The hand print stayed for a few seconds. It was hard to move the box and get the topper out for my king bed it was so dense and cumbersome.

I just ordered this product again from the same company in a Twin for my son's bed.
When it arrived, the box was so light, I thought it was something else.
No hand print at all. It's just foam, not memory foam.
THIS IS JUST REGULAR FOAM WITH A $60 PRICE TAG. SO disappointing.

FUTURE BUYERS BEWARE- If you're ok with regular foam, go to Walmart and get an 'egg crate' foam pad. It will pretty much be the same as this. If you want true memory foam, don't buy this one.

Rate and Discover Movies