Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

Format: Audio CD|Change

on July 13, 2007
I used to rely on drugs on a regular basis to go to sleep and stay asleep. After using this CD for a month I no longer struggle with going to sleep and I can put myself back to sleep if I wake up early, or I just want to relax and sleep in. Now, I usually fall asleep in the first five minutes. Even when I use different CDs, I still use some of the skills taught in this CD, signal breath and clearing my mind. I highly recommend this CD if you have trouble falling or staying asleep.

Other titles I recommend are Listen to the Whisper in your Sleep Guided Meditation and Body Scan: Managing Pain, Illness, & Stress with Guided Mindfulness Meditation.
0Comment|111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2007
Roberta Shapiro's voice is soothing and her techniques are right on target. I highly recommend this CD if you have trouble going to sleep or if you wake up in the middle of the night. Just put it in your I-Pod and let it do its work.
on January 18, 2007
What a suberb CD. This is an experienced hypnotherapist with a wonderful soothing voice. The result is magical. The recommend highly for anyone with sleep issues

Larry Hellring

President

Superior Window Corp.
on August 15, 2007
I am familiar Dr. Shapiro's work and was looking forward to the release of her CD's. When I received them I was even more impressed than I had hoped for. These CD's have helped me tremendously to fall asleep and stay asleep through the night. Prior to listening to the CD's I would not be able to sleep more than 30 minutes at a time. I am so grateful. I recommend these CD's enthusiastically for anyone with sleep problems or disorders. They are truly incredible.
on February 24, 2008
I have had problems sleeping well for years. I purchased Roberta Shapiro's CD after trying several other remedies that did not work. I was desperate for a solution - and am ecstatic to have found one! I listen to her CD every single night before I go to sleep. I am at a point where I do not even reach the end of the CD because I have already fallen asleep. Her voice is so relaxing and soothing that I am instantly calmed when I hear it. Further, I have also begun to use some of the techniques (signal breaths) when I am in tense situations in order to relax - and it works. I have recommended this CD to several friends - one of whom I gave it to to test out and "forgot" to give it back (I had to buy another one).
on July 18, 2008
Not only do I find Roberta's CD unbelievably relaxing but I was surprised to find it put my dogs straight to bed as well. I recommend this cd to anyone who just wants a peaceful rest day or night.
I also have to say if you have a dog at home who gets upset in thunderstorms or has seperation anxiety I totally recommend putting on this cd to help calm your furry friend or new puppy.
on September 5, 2007
I've been having sleep problems for several months so I had to take sleeping pills at a maximum dose every night much to my dismay. The pills did not provide a magical solution to helping me sleep and they had various side effects. My doctor even told me that I may have to take sleeping pills for the rest of my life, a possibility that I found totally unacceptable.

So imagine my surprise when I listened to this meditation/hypnosis and I was able to sleep through the night, with no pills whatsoever, the very first time I listened to it! With this CD, I usually fall asleep before the CD is over. Due to a great amount of stress as of late, every so often I still need to take a sleeping pill if I wake up in the middle of the night -- but I've been able to lower the dose from 200mg to 50mg or even 25mg and I don't have to take them every night any more. I'm definitely well on my way to not having to take any more sleeping pills at all. And I highly doubt that I would have been able to do this without this CD.

This CD is amazingly effective. I'm so thankful to have discovered it!
on September 3, 2007
Llistening to the soothing voice of Roberta Shapiro and the calming background music certainly works magic. After a tense day at work I look forward to playing this CD which instantly relaxes me enough to fall asleep easily and stay asleep. Ms. Shapiro teaches sleep relaxation techniques that are easy to follow and really work.I don't know what I would do without it. It certainly gets me through the night!
on June 28, 2014
I've been using Hypnosis for sleep for over a year. I have a couple of goto recordings from Hyptalk.com which are very good. But lately they stopped working, so I thought, I'd try something new. While Roberta's voice is very calm and soothing, her SCRIPT leaves much to be desired. She's big on descriptive metaphors, which are just distracting. Her script is full of contradicting statements and suggestions, which only activate my analytical mind. First she suggests that I'm light and floating, then she suggests that you are feeling heavy, etc. In the visualization portion, she gives you a couple of options to choose from, which I find distracting, because my mind keeps switching back and forth between the two images. The words match one, but not the other. For example, if I'm in a hammock that's tied to Palm trees, the sensation of going up and down, as if lying in a boat that's tied to a dock, just won't be there. It's too confusing. And if I'm lying in a hammock, how can I see the sunset and the water, especially if my eyes are closed. In comparison, Victoria Gallagher's scripts, which also use visualization, don't have these kind of wording conflicts that only confuse when trying to fall asleep. Skip this one.
on May 22, 2012
I have suffered from insomnia for close to 8 years. After trying every herbal remedy available, I finally reached for Ambien. After two years of Ambien use, I still struggled with a decent night sleep, battling depression as a side-effect of the drug.

Last month I ordered Roberta Shapiro's Sleep Solutions CD and am so glad I did! For the first time in years, I am able to go to sleep and stay asleep. The CD offers recordings for the purpose of falling asleep, as well as some shorter recordings to equip the listener to get back to sleep easily if sleep gets interrupted.

I find Roberta's voice very calming, and she clearly has a great understanding of what insomniacs have to overcome. If you struggle with sleep issues, this CD is a wonderful solution.