5.0 out of 5 stars The background music of our lives
Published on December 23, 2005 by Rachel Collins

2.0 out of 5 stars Sleep Sound in Jesus
My family's favorite artist growing up was Michael Card. When I found out I was expecting, I saw this and had to get it. The words are great and the songs are very beautiful. The only thing that I do not like is the woman's voice in most of the songs. It's not a soothing voice and it "turned me off" instantly. It was very harsh and almost annoying. Once Michael...
Published 19 months ago by Rebecca Monty

5.0 out of 5 stars The background music of our lives, December 23, 2005
This review is from: Sleep Sound in Jesus (Audio CD)
We started playing this CD for our baby when he was 4 months old and not sleeping almost at all at night. It now plays almost constantly at our house, as we keep it on auto repeat all night and a good part of the day when he's napping. It is such soothing music, I can even fall asleep to it (which is important since we play it even when we travel and the baby sleeps in our room.) The tempo is perfect for rocking or patting baby to sleep in time with the music. My only complaint (if it can even be called that) is that the range is too high for me to sing along. But the music is beautiful, and it's nice to know that my baby is listening to sacred lullabyes all night long. Michael Card's arrangement of the Mizpah Benediction at the end of the CD is especially beautiful. All in all, although I can't say that this was the "magic pill" that made my baby sleep through the night, it has helped him sleep longer and better, and is soothing to listen to as I resettle him night after night.

5.0 out of 5 stars It WILL touch a parents HEART!, September 19, 2003
This review is from: Sleep Sound in Jesus (Audio CD)
I came looking for this CD on Amazon as a gift for a friend- 8 full years after I got it as a gift (on tape)when my son was born. That's how much of an impact it had on me- that long after my bedtime tapes were put away I remembered exactly what I was looking for.
Every single time I rocked my son to this lovely music- I had to thank God for the amazing blessing he brought to my life. My son was quite the crier. Through frazzled days (and long nights) this CD would ALWAYS bring me back to what was important and the wonderful joy that had been brought into my life.
Blessings to all- Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Lullabys, October 9, 2001
This review is from: Sleep Sound in Jesus (Audio CD)
This collection is meant for soothing your baby to sleep, not to energize as the previous reviewer said. It is a beautiful collection of lullabys! My son has listened to it nearly every night of his 2 1/2 years. If we are away from home and I hum the songs, he smiles and laughs in recognition. I highly reccommend it, especially as a gift for first time parents.

4.0 out of 5 stars Soothing and inspirational, January 7, 2005
Bethyjp (Ichikawa, Japan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sleep Sound in Jesus (Audio CD)
My Mother bought this for me before my daughter was born, saying she heard it was "absulute magic" for getting babies to sleep! It didn`t exactly work for my newborn, but the soothing music, beautiful voices, and inspriational lyrics in this album certainly comforted me on these first difficult months of nighttime torment and I am sure as my daughter gets older, it will also calm her to sleep too! I am sure it will be a treasure for years to come!

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!, July 12, 2003
Alizy "alizy83" (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sleep Sound in Jesus (Audio CD)
This is the best lullaby album ever. I was just purchasing it for a friend who just had a baby. When my little brother and sister were born my mom got it for them and when I babysat I would play it for them and now I am away in college and feeling homesick, so I downloaded a song from it just for myself. Very comforting, the lyrics are so awesome. Jacobs Dream is the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, February 13, 2002
This review is from: Sleep Sound in Jesus (Audio CD)
This is the best CD you could buy for you and your little one(s). It is truly peaceful and relaxing, and you can take comfort in the simple yet profound lyrics of Michael Card. Your children will no doubt grow up knowing the love the Lord has for them after knowing this music, and as a parent you can be assured of the love the Lord has for you and your little one(s).

5.0 out of 5 stars Not only do my children love it, I do too!!!, April 3, 2002
This review is from: Sleep Sound in Jesus (Audio CD)
I got my first copy of this CD as a gift when I was pregnant with my son (who's now 5 years old!). He has listened to it every night over the years and can't go to sleep without it. As the years have passed, I've also rocked my daughter to sleep with the music and have memorized every word - it is truly my favorite lullaby CD of all time! I highly recommend this CD - sweet, calming lullabies that are sure to become your child's and your favorites, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music to lull your baby to sleep, October 4, 2001
"snj5cents" (Shasta Lake, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sleep Sound in Jesus (Audio CD)
This is a wonderful collection of soothing melodies with comforting words that can truly cause your little one to drift peacefully off to sleep. Listening to the uplifting words does much to edify the hearer (if they can stay awake). I gave this album to my daughter when she had her first baby; she really appreciated it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifull music that's truely for all ages, February 7, 2004
This review is from: Sleep Sound in Jesus (Audio CD)
The first time I heard anything from this CD was at my friend's house. I heard it, and, as I can recall, fell in love with the music at the first song. The songs are not only soothing, but if you listen to the words you can actually fall in love with them. Michael Card certainly worked hard on this CD; if there was ever a CD I could listen to over and over again it would be this one. I bought this CD shortly after and always keep it around. All I can say is even an adult would fall asleep before the third song...!
I would deffenetly recomend this CD for anyone with a young child, or an old child. This CD should certainly not go without praise.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most touching Music I have ever heard!, April 24, 2003
This review is from: Sleep Sound in Jesus (Audio CD)
If you or someone you know is expecting, this is probably one of the best gifts you could ever get them! The words consistently touched my heart during my pregnancy and after the birth of my last son.
This is appropriate for any mother of any age. Perfect nursery music and like Diane, I also would rock my son to sleep with this music. He is 9 years old now, and I STILL sing "All You Are" to him (as this is my song to him). Of course now, he runs out of the room, he is no longer a captive audience! LOL :)
Get this, you won't be sorry!!!

Sleep Sound in Jesus
Sleep Sound in Jesus by Michael Card (Audio CD - 1998)