Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sleep Joy 3" ViscO2 Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper, King
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Size: King|Change

on June 21, 2007
I have a firm orthopedic mattress that i bought since i dont really like fluffy mattresses... after a few nights i decided that it was a bit too firm so i started looking at what i could add to it so it could be a little more cushy. I dont like feather beds because i just dont like waking up to a cloud of feathers flying around me, and fiber beds just stop working after a while (I used to own one). So i started looking at foam toppers. For the money, i thought this would be pretty decent.

What a surprise!!! I never thought it would feel so good. i just woke up from one of my most relaxing nights ever... and i didnt even have to drink tea or wine to sleep that well. I have fallen in LOVE!.. I can't recommend this item enough... I'd give it 10 stars if i could. Very happy customer here.. and of course with amazon prime, i didnt even have to pay for shipping, I got it the day after i bought it. I am very satisfied. Thanks Amazon.com!
22 comments| 261 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2009
Before purchasing the 3" Visco2 Ventilated Mattress Enhancer I checked similar 3" pads at Target and Bed, Bath and Beyond. Their prices were higher and the pads came with outer covers. The pad sold here is just foam, nothing else. At the stores they have these 3' to 4' sample sections you can feel before purchasing. I laid them on the floor and put my body weight against the pad. In both stores I sunk straight to the hard tile floor. The pads were just too soft for me. The pad sold here, I found out, is about a pound more per cubic foot in density. In other words, for probably most people, you're getting a better foam pad here for less money.

Bed comfort is highly personal so your mileage may vary, but for me laying down on this always feels good. It's made my bed the most comfortable and inviting it's ever been - and that's important because I have always had insomnia. This pad was worth every penny for me.

Unlike others, I found no strong odor and I have a sensitive nose. Once it was on my bed and covered by a mattress pad and sheets that was it, never smelled a thing. Before using this I had slept on a foam/down combination pad that made me sweat even in winter. While this pad does seem to absorb and reflect a little more heat than my regular mattress, it's a million times better than my old pad.

The only negative is the lack of a cover like the kind that comes with 3" pads at the major stores. Not enough of an issue to detract even one star given the great price and the superior product.
22 comments| 223 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2010
I never write reviews for products mostly becuase I am a terrible writer, so please try to stay with me. Let me start off by saying that I own both of these products. First off, I am a 25 year old male and just started going to graduate school, and live in a dorm room. Ofcourse the mattress was extremely hard and uncomfortable, so I decided to look on amazon for mattress toppers. I bought this 3" visco elastic ventilated memory foam pad.

The first thing I noticed is that i sank right into it as it, and because of this found myself tossing and turning all night looking for more support. I'm about 5' 10" and way about 165 pounds. Perhaps I would have done better with the 2 inch version, but I suspect I would still just sink into the hard mattress below. I tried this mattress for a week and finally decided i wanted to order something that I thought might give me more support. I googled 5 pound memory foam, which is significantly more dense than this one.

I finally ordered the Sensus memory foam pad in the 3" version which is about twice the cost of this pad, but with the twin XL sized bed in my room, this was manageable. The difference is well worth the price, I must say. It had exactly what was not in this pad, SUPPORT! It is rated up there with Tempurpedic at 1/3 of the price.

Don't be fooled into thinking you're getting a discount on this product with the price slash shown, believe me, it isn't true memory foam, and I'm sure they're making a killing on these pads. I honestly feel like THIS pad is more overpriced than the Sensus pad, which you really feel like you're getting a quality product.

This spongy pad isn't the worst thing in the world, but if a real memory foam pad which actually provides the benefits of memory foam is out of your budget, save yourself the money and get one of those spongy egg-carton style pads, they are about the same.

Let the bashing of this review begin!
99 comments| 197 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2010
This is a classic case of "you get what you pay for."

This memory foam pad is adequate as a temporary topper, for camping, for guests, or the indifferent sleeper, but not up to par for someone who needs a good bed because of back pain or similar ailments.

I bought this because I was staying at a relative's house for three weeks and began to notice soreness in my back. This helped when placed on top of the mattress but was still not as comfortable and supportive as my setup at home.

Other reviewers said that this pad relieved back pain, and I believe them, but I am suggesting they do not have the more serious back pain, caused by a herniated disk or similar problem, that plague many of us. For serious back pain a memory foam mattress topper is an essential part of your therapy, but it must bed a good one and it must be on top of a fairly firm reasonably supportive mattress.

Do your online research when buying a foam memory pad. For adequate back support the pad should (a) have at least a 5 lb. density (I am guessing that this pad is 2 or possibly 3); (b) have an ILD rating of at least 13 (you can see what this means when you research it); (c) be at least 3" thick (if you are heavy or have a firm bed or very serious back pain I recommend 4").

Alas, you will see that good memory foam toppers that meet the criteria above will cost 4 or 5 times what this topper costs. (Mine, purchased 3 years ago from a reliable U.S. manufacturer when there were some warnings about the chemical makeup of pads from China, cost $500. But I now sleep soundly and with no pain and no pressure points and after three years there is absolutely no loss of resiliency in the pad). That may seem like a lot of money, but what is pain relief worth to you?

On a secondary note, this pad was not well cut. It looked as though hand shears were used to cut the trailing edge. To say in support of the pad, it is true memory foam and it is well ventilated.
66 comments| 230 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2007
This is good quality foam. It came in a small roll wrapped in plastic wrap. It did have some smell to it. I didn't have to wait that long to let it set. It took maybe 1 hour to get it's full size. Still smelled a little though.
Anyways, this product made my bed softer, but it's hard for me to turn on my side because your body sinks into the foam.
One beef I have about this product is the "Queen" size is really a "Full" size. Definately go one size up.
0Comment| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2012
I was the one who returned several of the queen 2" memory foam toppers about 7 to 10 days ago as being close to junk as we have purchased two queens & one king during 2011 & they were & are GREAT. But the 2" queen was returned & this recent buy of our 3" will be going back to Amazon ASAP.
The Amazon listing specifies 24.8 lbs as shipping weight & the 3" queen topper we received today, for our RV, when using our digital bathroom scale, weighed in at 17.1 lbs, short by 7.7 lab or about 31% short weight. And the feel of this foam is far from the foam of those purchased in 2011.
I'd bet that the Amazon supplier has switched the quality they supply to Amazon & told no one ?
Good luck !
Bill in FL

UP DATE 4/23/2012
We were still looking for a real memory foam topper like we had purchased from this Amazon supplier in 2011 & we found the one shown below here on Amazon, it is made in the USA & it weighed 32 lbs in the shipping container & it arrived today.
It is shown on Amazon as -
"3 Inch Thick, 4 Pound Density Visco Elastic Memory Foam Mattress Bed Topper
by Memory Foam & sold by All Sleep.
4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (194 customer reviews)?"
Take a look see & they offer 10 or 20% discounts & FREE delivery. See the area under the price shown that says something like - special pricing available.
Good luck !!
Bill in FL
44 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2010
The reviews on this product definitely mislead me. Here's my experience with this product:

Shipping/Size - the size of the box is surprisingly small. After unpacking the product springs back to close to full size very quickly within 15 minutes or so.

Fumes/Smell - Some reviews said this mattress didn't smell that much. I made the mistake of unpacking it inside the house and putting it on my bed to decompress. It smelled up the entire house within a couple hours. I really wanted to try the topper out so I attempted to sleep on the mattress the first night after it had been airing out for about 6 hours with the windows open in my room. After 20 minutes of attempting to sleep I couldn't stand the smell any more and put the topper in the garage. It strongly smelled up my garage for 3 days. After 4 days in the garage the smell subsided enough that I attempted to sleep on it again. After 4 days of airing out I could still smell it when I laid on the mattress.

Comfort - The foam of this topper is not very dense. If you squeeze the topper between your fingers it will squeeze down to just a couple millimeters without too much pressure. If you lay on your side with the topper on a hardwood floor you can feel the hardwood under you hips, knees, and elbows. So you REALLY sink into this topper. This definitely concerned me. However, when I initially laid on the mattress it feels pretty good. I fell asleep fairly quickly. Unfortunately I woke up an hour or two later feeling like you feel when you spend too much time in a hot tub. As my body heat warmed up the topper it got even softer, so it had very little support. Due to the low density of the topper you sink the full 3 inches down and the topper surrounds your body with a very good insulator and it feels about as comfortable as trying to sleep in 98 degree heat. Air temperature was 69 degrees. I pushed the blanket off the bed and attempted to sleep under just a sheet. Still too hot - so I resorted to sleeping with just a sheet 1/2 half off me.

Summary - If you like a REALLY soft REALLY warm sleeping experience then maybe this product is for you. If you like a little support from a topper and don't like to cook in bed definitely look elsewhere. I wouldn't recommend bringing this product indoors until it's aired out for at least 5 days.

UPDATE - After purchasing a much firmer memory foam mattress to replace my worn out old spring mattress I was happy, but my wife was not. I thought the new mattress was perfect - she thought it was too firm. So I decided to try this topper on top of the much firmer 8 inch memory foam mattress. I found this topper to be more comfortable on top of this new mattress compared to how it felt on top of my old spring mattress. My wife really likes it now. I like the comfort of the topper and can sleep very soundly, however it is still very warm. I'm now sleeping with just a sheet to cover me most of the time and on a warm night the sheet is only partially covering me. I'm sure it will be nice on cold winter nights! So I'm upping my rating to 4 stars if you use this topper on top of a very firm mattress. I don't recommend using it on top of an old mattress that has started to lose support.
on January 25, 2009
I read other reviews that said you had to order a size larger than what you wanted. I bought this for my son and daughter-in-law for Christmas and they were really pleased with it. They have a queen bed and thatas what I ordered and it fit wonderfully. My son has problems with a shoulder injury that prevents him from sleeping some nights. He said that this pad has helped a lot. There was also no problem with odor. I am ordering one for myself. This is a great buy for the price. I give it five stars.
on January 11, 2009
I bought this for my daughter (18) for Christmas.
She has complained about how firm her new mattress is for 2 years, and complained about her back hurting because of it. So I bought her this topper. She LOVES it! She has invited friends over to sleep, she tells people to sit on her bed, and she'd rather use her computer on her bed now all because this topper is SO comfortable! No more morning backaches!
Best price I found on a memory foam topper ANYWHERE!
on May 31, 2013
I purchased the 2" version of this topper in 2010. I was very impressed with that one. It had a nice "doughy" feel to it and was very comfortable. I just purchased the 3" and I have noticed alot of things brought up in other reviews that are less than 5 star. There is absolutely no "doughy" feeling to this. I press my palm into it and the depression is gone instantly. The holes that are punched into the topper for ventilation look like they were done by a 1st grader. The holes on the first one I bought were uniform and looked like they belonged there. The holes on this one are terrible. Quite a few are double punched making extra large holes with uneven borders. The rows of holes are crooked and all over the place. I bought a new one because everything I read online says memory foam toppers only last about 2 to 3 years. The foam on my first one is very discolored and there are tears all over the areas that I sleep directly on. I also didn't feel as comfortable as when I first got it. The sad part is that the old one still feels like a better quality topper than the new one that is an inch thicker. According to the detailed product description, both of these are 3 lb density. I believe the manufacturer has done something different and that this version being sold today is not up to the standards of 2 to 3 years ago. All in all, I still feel this is more comfortable than sleeping directly on my mattress, but I am disappointed with the quality compared to my first purchase.

Update 6-9-13
I am convinced that this is either a regular piece of foam and the manufacturer is ripping people off (or ripping Amazon off)or that the product shipped to me was possibly very old and the foam had broken down due to age. Either way, as stated above, this topper has absolutely no memory foam feel to it. I have ordered the 2" 5lb density topper made by memory foam solutions and am awaiting its arrival. I will review that once I have received it. I should return this to Amazon but I am afraid the hastle of boxing it up and paying to ship it back won't be worth the trouble.