4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Darn Good But Not Quite Perfect.
I have been sleeping with headphones on since i was a young boy of around 8 years old. At 27, I still find it helpful to fall asleep while listening to soft music, familiar movies, or audio books.

Published on December 25, 2007 by NussDog

3.0 out of 5 stars COULD FIT A LITTLE BETTER
The material is fleece like and not much stretch. If you get the ear phones situated properly over each ear, the headband seems inclined to want to lay over your forehead and drift down to your eye area rather than stay up just past the hairline like a hairband would fit, which is ok for sleeping, but if you want to be sitting up or finish reading a book before lights...
Published on January 2, 2008 by H. Littler

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Darn Good But Not Quite Perfect., December 25, 2007
This review is from: SleepPhones System: Headphones for Sleeping with CD - Black Extra Small (Health and Beauty)

I go through headphones frequently. I have 5-10 pairs at any given moment. From ear buds (i love the JVC Marshmallows) to clip-on to studio style, I have them all.

The problem with all of the headphones I have tried to use while sleeping has to do most with comfort or lack there of while I am sleeping on my side. Ear bud style headphones are definitely the least comfortable on my ears when lying on my side. Studio style headphones are generally what I use because they give me the least amount of pain, the problem with this is that awoken to find many a broken pair of headphones.

The Sleepphones are very comfortable. I ordered a large simply on a guess. I figured I have a big male head but not a super huge sized male head. While I found this size to be a bit too small even after extending the one side as far as it could go, I was able to just stretch out the headband some to give a near perfect fit.

The sound quality on these things isn't all that great. I don't see this as too big of a problem because sound quality can be easily overlooked because of how very comfortable they are to wear while lying on your side. I would like to note that it is a bit annoying how when lying on my side, one side of the sleepphones are pushed up against my ear (making it sound good) while the other side has a much different, lighter sound (and more background noise coming through. This is to be expected with any pair of headphones but with the sleepphones and the way they fit, there can be a big difference in sound between ears when lying on one side.

The free 1hr. sleep music cd is nice. I downloaded the same music from the website for free to listen to through my laptop and also on my Creative Zen Vision M (which is a 5/5). I found the music helpful during a night where i was very stressed and really needed to fall asleep quickly. I found myself focusing on the music and falling to sleep before it ended. Unfortunately, I didn't realize the 3rd track was designed to wake me up so I ended up only getting 50 minutes of sleep before waking up and starting the music over. This time, I took track 3 off of the playlist.

Shipping was fast and the packaging was very nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is designed to do !, March 6, 2008
I recieved the sleepphones as a gift after trying several variations of ear buds and canal phones. NONE of which were comfortable enough to wear when you are trying to get to sleep. The sleepphones are VERY comfortable. You just need to get the correct size. SOme others have written complaining about having to wear them backwards with the cord coming out on your forhead. Did any of them READ the INSTRUCTIONS ? They were designed to be worn with the cord COMING OUT BY THE FORHEAD ! Now, about sound quality...you aren't going to compare the sound quality of these to that of a pair of Shures, Sennheisers, or etymotics. Let's face it, they were designed to be used while listening to music at low volumes while trying to relax. You aren't going to wear these while trying to mow the lawn and block out noise by cranking up the Metallica here. Overall, I am VERY pleased with my sleepphones. They are comfortable, work well and do the job they were designed to do. What more can you ask for ? (okay, maybe a tad bit expensive)/

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Pajamas for my ears!, November 2, 2007
I have to say,
These are very unique and they work!the construction is awesome and feels like a warm set of pajamas. A little pricey, but heck they are made in the USA (handmade, I might add) and have a wonderful sound. You can barely tell that the speakers are there!I hav tried every ear phones and buds imaginable only to have ear aches or a stiff neck. I just pull these over my eyes and let the soothing sounds of my IPOD take over...A+!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good return policy- give them a try, February 17, 2008
I'm impressed people.
Yes, I ended up returning the Sleep Phones! But here's why I'm writing: After 20 days or so of trial, I decided the sleep phones weren't for me (I went with a white noise machine), so I simply sent them back (5 minutes of my time/3 bucks postage) and a few days later... full refund. Rarely does satisfaction guaranteed come with no small print. The other sleep devices I tried charged 30 percent restocking, etc.
Moral of the story: if intrigued, give them a try. You have nothing to lose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the product, great customer service., February 19, 2009
Brandy Lee (Nashville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
I was in love with this product!! I've been a troubled sleeper for about 10 years, and this has been more helpful than almost anything else. I didn't expect them to be so soft! They're the perfect addition to my iPod, which is full of hypnosis tracks. It also drowns out my cats and my husband. ;) Love them!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Headphones, January 27, 2008
Allow me to sleep comfortably while I listen to anything I want (and I am a side sleeper). Make sure you measure your hat size properly because the headband diameter is not adjustable.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best headphones to use while sleeping, December 1, 2007
While searching online for comfortable headphones to sleep in I came across SleepPhones. Which I have to say--I was ecstatic at such a find. I bought one for each member in my family. Even my kids. (age 9 & 11) They are SO comfortable. Excellent stereo sound! You position one speaker over one ear and then the other speaker is slide-adjustable for a custom fit. I clip my ipod shuffle on top of the headband and I sleep with them all night long. The velcro cord-wrap keeps everything right on my forehead and I don't even know it's there. I can turn over and over in my sleep and everything is still right in place when I wake up in the morning. Buy them! You will LOVE them! Especially if you are a side-sleeper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, May 23, 2008
Debra (Salina, KS, United States) - See all my reviews
I hesitated when I saw the price of this product, but I knew that I had already spent easily that much on various headphones, none which were comfortable. I was so desperate I even whipped up some homemade pairs but they were not durable, nor very comfortable and lasted a few months. The SleepPhones were perfect, in fact they were EXACTLY what I was looking for. They are comfortable for side sleepers and back sleepers, do not slip out of position but not so tight that they cause someone to wake up with a headache. The earphone themselves are thin enough not to be felt (or to cause ear pain for side sleepers) but durable. I listen to subliminal, meditation, Brain Sync, affirmation, etc tracks at night and the sound quality is excellent. These were worth every single penny and I can highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes sleeping a joy!, July 21, 2008
I wear these sleep phones every night attached to my Ipod. I bought the medium size which is perfect. I figured out the size from the manufacturer's web site. It is not on Amazon's site. The band for the headphones is very soft and comfortable. While the sound of the speakers doesn't compare to Bose, it's not half bad. I have to admit I still haven't listened to the Binaural Beats CD but I plan on doing that soon. I'm a stomach sleeper and these headphones work fine for me. I highly recommend them to anyone who wants to listen to music comfortably as they sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleep Phones are Awesome!!, January 24, 2008
I absolutely love this band! I have tried nearly every natural remedy on the market for sleeping. I had also tried an alarm clock that had nature sounds built into it. It seemed to help a little, but my husband got tired of listening to the ocean or birds all night!! I had cronic insomnia and some days I got up in the morning so exhausted I didn't know how I was going to get thru the day. I came across the Sleep Phones and decided to try it. I will admit that I was pretty skeptical because nothing else seemed to work. What a pleasant surprise these were! I had also ordered the Delta Sleep System CD with the Sleep Phones. It's been going on a month now and I can't imagine going to bed without them. Not only do I fall asleep easier, but if I do wake up during the night, I am able to fall asleep again easily. Before if I woke up at, say, 2:00 am (which was normal for me) I'd be up for the rest of the night. The SleepPhones are extremely comfortable to wear and the sound quality is excellent. I have since ordered a few more CD's for a little variety. I would highly recommend this product for anyone having trouble sleeping.

Rate and Discover Movies