5.0 out of 5 stars Helps baby sleep through the night... Sizing information
This product helps my colicky baby sleep through the night, especially since she can't kick off the blankets. I highly recommend it. Sizing is different than baby r us. I'm probably going to have to do some exchanges so thought I'd provide info.

X-Small (Newborn) 5 to 10 lbs

Small (up to 6 months) 10 to 18 lbs

Medium (6-12 months) 16 to...
Published on February 12, 2006 by A. Crawford

3.0 out of 5 stars nice but very warm
really like the sleepsacks for ease of use as well as not having to use a blanket but for infants who like to be swaddled, it doesn't work because it is so loose. Also, having a baby too warm has been linked to SIDS as well, so I would suggest the cotton ones more than the fleece ones and keeping your room at a more comfortable temp instead.
Published on April 6, 2005 by Lisa

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps baby sleep through the night... Sizing information, February 12, 2006

X-Small (Newborn) 5 to 10 lbs

Small (up to 6 months) 10 to 18 lbs

Medium (6-12 months) 16 to 24 lbs

Large (12-18 months) 22 to 28 lbs

X-Large (18-24 months) 26 to 36 lbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't live without it., January 4, 2004
By A Customer
This has got to be one of the best baby products out there. I've used these on my baby since day one and he's 10 months old now. (And I plan using until he finally grows out of the XL size). It stays on all night, unlike regular blankets, and there's no worry of it bunching up by the baby's face. I have the fleece style, and found it to be warm enough over an undershirt and longsleeve pjs. (We have a fairly drafty older home and the baby's room seems to be the coldest).
Anyways, I noticed some reviewers were concerned about them being sleeveless, but they're made that way on purpose so that your baby doesn't over heat. (If you check out any SIDS info, they'll tell you to make sure not to do that). And they do come in cotton as well, for warmer months, although, I didn't have a need to use them much in the summer. As for problems with a child using this when they're able to stand or move around, I too was concerned, but found that my son has no problem standing up in his crib and he can crawl around fine when wearing it. They are a bit pricey, but for the function it serves and the peace of mind I have with it, it's worth it. This is definitely one item I highly suggest for anyone with a child under 1 year.
PS- I couldn't find any sizes larger than medium at B-R-US, so I ordered my XL online thru sugarbearz.com. Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reduce SIDS and Soothes fussy babies - a bed-time "Volvo"., January 6, 2006
Alpha "Jason's Mommy" (Los Angeles, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
Babies/children are always curious and don't like sleeping much since it reduces their "nosy" and/or get-into-trouble time.

Our family love Sleepsacks and we consider them Volvos, because of their safety value::

(1) Reduces the possibility of SIDs - not necessary to have a quilt or blankets in the crib with your baby when he/she is in a sleepsack.

(2) Soothes fussy babies - my nephews and nieces were always ready for Mr. Sandman as soon as they are in their sleepsacks - probably because of the "cocoon"-like feeling (so similar to their time in their mommy's womb).

They can roll around (once they are older, of course) and still sleep through the night safely, so you can get some sleep too without worrying about potential dangers in the crib.

Get 3 (2 small and 1 either Medium or Large) and you should be good to go. The newborn size is better suited for preemies. The choice for Medium or Large is negotiable because babies grow at different rates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant product, February 13, 2005
As a mother of a SIDS baby, I feel I'm doing my best to help prevent this again. As a mother of four, babies tend to kick off their blankets. In the winter time, the baby can wake up because they're cold. The sleep sack is perfect those nights. My son likes to scoot into the corner of his crib and get his leg stuck between the rails. With the sleep sack, his leg can never get stuck again. I've bought one in every size for my babies. Highly recommend to all parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Height and Weight Sizing, October 27, 2011
B. Dixon (Lothian, MD United States) - See all my reviews
Another reviewer included the weight for each size, but since height is often the driver (as with car seats!), I thought I'd include the height information here too (from the Halo website, sorry about lack of formatting, can't seem to fix it):

SIZE AGE HEIGHT WEIGHT
Preemie Preemie 14"-19" (36-48 cm Birth-5 lbs (Birth-2.3 kg)
Newborn Birth to 3 mos 19"-23" (48-58 cm 6-12 lbs (2.7-5.5 kg)
Small Birth to 6 mos 23"-26" (58-66 cm 10-18 lbs (4.5-8 kg)
Medium 6 mos to 12 mos 26"-30" (66-76 cm 16-24 lbs (7-10 kg)
Large 12 mos to 18 mos 30"-35" (76-89 cm 22-28 lbs (9-12 kg)
X-Large 18 mos to 24 mos 35"- 40" (89 - 101 cm 26 - 36 lbs. (11-16 kg)

5.0 out of 5 stars A safe alternative to blankets, August 2, 2005
With SIDS to worry about, I really do sleep more soundly at night knowing that my baby is warm but not at risk of being smothered by a loose blanket. The bottom-to-top zipper really is convenient for diaper changes, and while the sleepsack did shrink somewhat in the wash, that really hasn't affected its fit on our baby. We went from a fleece sleepsack (infant size) to a cotton one (medium) when the weather started getting warm. Our baby is big (14 lbs and 25 inches at 12 weeks), so we got a medium (one size larger than recommended) hoping it would fit all summer. We shouldn't have worried. The sizes are very generous, but even a very big sleepsack works - there's enough room to grow into without being loose enough at the arm- or neckholes to cause tangling or a smothering hazard. It's perfect for summer nights that are just cool enough that we want to be sure that the baby's feet and legs stay covered, even if her nightgown rides up. Overall, I wouldn't trade the sleepsack for a regular blanket, and I highly recommend it to all parents of infants.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect bedtime blanket!, February 13, 2003
joy (Ashburn, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This is the best blanket out there. It stays on baby, yet is roomy enough for her to move around. Although my daughter was 12 lbs, I went ahead and got the large sleep sac. It fits fine and leaves her room to grow.
Remember, this is a blanket, not pajamas. You still have baby wear her PJ's with the blanket. And there's no sleeves on blankets, that's why there's no sleeves on these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Essential, January 1, 2005
I discovered the Halo sleep sacks with my first baby and it was a dream come true. My son is a very restless sleeper and would kick off all his blankets and then wake up because he was cold. The sleep sack has kept him warm and sleeping for much longer stretches.

I only wish I had discovered it sooner.

Also, for parents concerned with SIDS (who isn't?) it is a huge relief not to worry about your baby suffocating on this blanket.

I enthusiasitacally recommend this product and have bought them for many friends having babies.

5.0 out of 5 stars five stars is not enough, March 12, 2006
My son has been wearing the halo sleep sack since the day he came home from the hospital. Being a winter baby it was the best thing in the world to know that he would be warm and not have to worry about loose blankets. He began sleeping through the night at 7 weeks old. I think the sleep sack gives him a feeling of security. He was never able to sleep without being in it. He is now 30 months old and still won't go to sleep unless he is in his sleep sack. We had to have a friend of ours who is a seamstress add additional material to the bottom because he became to tall for it. That is how much he loves his sleep sack. It is by far the best thing I ever bought for my son.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, Safe and Practical, March 6, 2003
By A Customer
The Halo sleepsacks have been a huge help to us. We are the proud parents of triplets and they have been in them since birth. They are so easy to use. They keep them safe and comfortable - you just need a little cotton onesie (long sleeve in winter) and they stay warm. The babies love them - they know it's bedtime when we put them on them.