Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Boba Vest, Grey, Medium (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 9, 2009
I bought this after I found out that the sling carrier we initially registered for has been recalled for safety issues. After reading the reviews on this site and looking at different pictures submitted from the users, it seemed like a no brainer to me. I really didn't know what I was getting.. just assumed that it'd be the same as any other sling carriers I've seen.

First of all, let me say that this carrier works great. Let me caution you, though, that this is not exactly a sling carrier in a technical sense. It's basically a long strand of elastic cloth that you wrap around your body a certain way to create spaces for your baby to sit in. Like I said, it works pretty well for the most part. But before you buy this, I'd like you to think about these facts. You might think they're stupid but I wish I knew them before I purchased it.

1. You can't just pick this up and put the baby in it like most sling carriers(at least the ones I've seen). For the most part, it's not that big of a deal to wrap this around your body and put the baby in but it does take some time and there are times I wish it wasn't as involved to set it up.

2. It takes some practice to get the tightness just right. If you wrap it too tight, your baby will pretty much suffocate... probably not... but you get the idea. If it's too loose, then the baby slides down. It'll still hold the baby but your baby will be on your stomach depending on his/her size. It's a problem when you have a newborn like me.

3. Inevitably, if you repeat the process of taking the baby in and out for whatever reason for a few hours, the carrier will get loose. At that point, you'll have to undo the carrier then rewrap it.

So basically, it all came down to convenience for me and my wife. Its elastic cloth is very well made. You can tell it's made with quality materials. When I put this on just right, I know our baby just loves it. Since it's entirely made of elastic material, it basically fits the baby perfectly and securely. However, we don't live in a perfect world where 3 week old infants patiently wait for you to pick him/her up. At least mine doesn't. That's when this carrier becomes a problem for me. Another thing I just remembered is that sometimes, it gets pretty hot wearing this w/ a baby in it. I live in Atlanta and we keep the temperature at around 66-68 degrees in winter (it's been around 3-40 degrees outside recently). It's not that big of a deal now but I'm not sure how it'll be in the middle of summer.

I will continue to use this carrier. I do believe it's a great idea and it's a very well made product. However, I will probably buy another carrier;namely Amy Coe sling from babies r us. One of our friends has one and it took about 30 seconds to put our baby in there and it won't get as hot in summer time because it doesn't enclose my baby like the sleepywrap does.

Maybe I should've done more research (I usually do), but this carrier wasn't exactly what I thought it was. I figured I'd let you guys know what I found out so you can make an informed decision. Hope it helps.
0Comment|151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2008
I have so enjoyed my sleepy wrap I only wish I would have gotten it sooner! My husband and I (6'1" and 5'4" can both wear it with no problem and I can do everything around the house with both hands free. We love it on walks or out shopping. I would recommend it to anyone who wants their baby close while they are doing everyday things. The only down side is I live in a hot climate and having that much body contact in the summer gets a little warm.
on January 25, 2009
Let me start by saying I do love this wrap! Its way comfortable and my baby loves it!! I can even nurse my baby HANDS FREE in the upright hold!! BUT I think I should mention a couple of the drawbacks too so that you can make a better decision:

~The fabric is so long that it drags on the floor as you put it on, which is gross if you are in a public place or the parking lot of the grocery store

~The same thing that makes it so comfortable (the fabric stretched evenly across your arms and middle) also can make it very hot to wear when walking through the mall, for example. The baby is nice and toasty, but it feels like you are wearing a little radiator sometimes

~When baby is crying it feels like it takes forever to get it on

~If you wear the baby for a long time they can shift in the wrap as time goes on and you may have to readjust the baby (be careful as you do so, if you aren't paying attention and baby makes a sudden movement he/she could suddenly pop out a side where you didn't think they could)

Apart from those things, I do love this wrap and highly recommend it. We are going overseas next month and I am taking the wrap with me so I can comfortably wear baby on the plane!
on August 11, 2008
First of all, I ordered from Sleepy Wrap on a Thursday afternoon, it shipped the same day, and I had it in the mail on Monday! Incredible service!

I was so excited to try it out with my five week old. The instructions were so easy to follow, and it was a snap to tie on. Putting my little one inside was a cinch from the first time. I love how he is snuggled inside and secure, and I can truly have my hands free. I have used ring and fitted slings in the past, as well as Snugli type carriers, but I really wanted my baby to be held closer to me and not lost in the fabric or limbs dangling. When I heard about the Sleepy Wrap, I had to try it. My friends from my Moms message board just raved about theirs, and now I know why! It's so perfect. The main concern I had at first was that the material looked heavy and would be hot. We live in the (hot and humid) South. This fabric is awesome- totally breathable, light, stretchy. I can't say enough about my Sleepy Wrap! I only wish I would have had one with my first two babies.
on April 2, 2012
We bought this wrap because #1 it was the most affordable carrier we could find and #2 it was highly reviewed. My little guy was born with very strong muscles and so would bust out of any swaddle we put him in. So, he became one of those babies who needed to be held 24/7. Then he got acid reflux. Would not lay down flat for anything. I was desperate.

I love that the wrap is easy to use, but it is cumbersome when out in public (when you put it on in a parking lot you have to be VERY careful not to let it dip down and touch the yucky asphalt). It is also thick material making it impossible to use when the temperature rises. I mostly used mine indoors. I could do all my chores and my son would happily snooze or coo at me the whole time. I could also breastfeed in it which was a huge plus. It meant that I could eat dinner at a table again.

Now my that my son is older (10 months and 23 lbs) I do not use the wrap as much. Times I use it for now is when we go grocery shopping and he is too tired to sit in the seat. Also when he is sick and just needs extra cuddles. The wrap is now carefully folded in his closet and if he never is worn in it again I know that his future siblings will. Well worth purchasing.

4 stars because of thick material and difficult to put on when rushed and in unsanitary area.
on April 7, 2009
I have tried almost every carrier on the market, and I cannot say enough about the sleepy wrap. It is simple, beautiful, affordable, and safe for baby and carrier. I had never found a stretchy wrap that didn't stretch too much with any child older than a newborn until I tried this wrap. I still use it throughout the day with my 23lb baby and it works great for both of us. You can make it as tight or lose as you or your baby likes. It is the perfect carrier for a newborn as well because it can keep them so snug and comfortable! Plus, it keeps the baby's legs and hips in the correct position unlike other carriers on the market. There is a bit of a learning curve with using the sleepy wrap as there is w/ all carriers, but hang in there because it is so worth it. Once you learn a few ties which doesn't take very long at all, you can do them without even thinking about it. I highly recommend this carrier.
on January 17, 2014
Love this carrier.. I purchases this because I could not stand using my ergo baby insert. I just found it so uncomfortable and my baby did not seem to like it either. This wrap is so comfortable and great for being close to baby. I was a little nervous at first because it looks overwhelming but it is so easy to wrap. I even breastfeed in it. The only thing I can say is it does get hot but that is expected when you have 3 layers of cotton on you. My baby is hot blooded and living in Hawaii the weather is always warmer and humid so to alleviate being to hot, i just put my baby in her diaper and it's perfect. It keeps her just right without overheating. This is perfect till I can put her in my ergo as she gets heavier.
on January 13, 2012
For all of those thinking the Moby is the greatest thing ever, the Sleepy Wrap takes things up a notch. It works just like the Moby, there are no buckles to dig into your chest or back. However the Sleepy Wrap is 5% spandex!!! What a difference a little spandex makes. You never have to guess how tight to wrap it to make room for your baby. Just stretch it snug around your body and it will stretch more for your baby! There is always more stretch to it but it never gets "worn out." You also never have to rewrap or readjust when you take your baby out to ride in the car, change their diaper, etc. The quality and comfort of the Sleepy Wrap is amazing as well. It is 95% cotton, so it still breathes well, and is soooo soft. It washes very well, and after a year of use it still looks new. I washed it when I bought it and it did shrink a little, but it was perfect because it is very long. The little bit of shrinking it did made the "leftover wrap" that hung not so long. I used it almost daily the first year. We chose to use a convertible car seat instead of an infant carrier. Studies are showing that wearing your baby instead of leaving them in the car seat is far better for their spine. Not only that but they love to be snuggled next to you! My daughter always slept in the Sleepy Wrap, which made grocery trips and dinners out much nicer for us. She felt safe and secure, and I knew she was as well. I loved how you can place some of the shoulder strap over the back and sides of their head and that keeps strangers from wanting to touch your newborn. I was also never worried about her falling. I always kept a hand under her just incase, but there are just those moments when you have to have both hands and this was wonderful! She is now 20 months and I miss this thing! It comes with a handy carry bag and a booklet to show you the basic wraps. However if you find time to play with this you will find infinate ways to wear your baby. The Sleepy Wrap is the best by far in the baby wearing items, and just the right price too!
on May 24, 2012
I purchased this for use with my 3rd son. I thought it might be nice to be able to carry him with my hands free to deal with my middle son, a 2 year old. All I can say is HOLY COW, I LOVE IT. I wish I'd had this for all three boys!! It is quite comfortable--even on a 90 degree day in the park. Only slight muscle discomfort after wearing for a long time, but nothing lasting. And very secure. I was able to jump up and down with my 6 month old son in the wrap and he was 100% secure. This product is EXCELLENT and washes well in the washer like all of your other clothes.. fabulous product.
on April 13, 2014
We are not really pleased with this product. It is not quick to use and it does not feel secure no matter how tight you have it.
I didn't return is because she said she "might learn to like it" although we got gifted a front carry seat that she has used sense.

It makes you feel close to your baby but not safe and secure. ( that is just our opinion )