Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sleepy Wrap Classic Wrap Baby Carrier, Brown, 0-18 Months (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on October 19, 2011
Before the Sleepy Wrap (aka Boba Wrap), I used the Moby Wrap. The Moby was great because it was comfortable, machine washable, and easy to take the baby in-and-out. The Moby was not great because the fabric strip seemed ridiculously long, felt heavy, baggy, and difficult to bring along in my backpack (which I converted into a diaper bag).

When I first saw the Sleepy Wrap online, I was very curious on the differences. Since I liked my Moby, I just had to try the Sleepy Wrap.

Sleepy Wrap vs. Moby Wrap:
PRO:
-The Sleepy fabric is shorter and lighter than the Moby. With all the stuff I carry in my backpack, I love how the Sleepy takes up less space than the Moby. When wearing the Sleepy, I feel less anchored down and I don't feel like I'm swimming in fabric like the Moby. The Sleepy is out of my way while driving because it hugs my body.
-Sleepy fabric is stretchy. You wear the Sleepy fairly tightly around your body to keep the baby snugly against your body.
-The Sleepy Wrap comes with a travel bag larger than the Moby Wrap travel bag, making it easier to stuff the wrap into the travel bag when rushing through the day.

CON:
-Because the Sleepy fabric is so stretchy, you need to make sure the fabric is snug around your body so that baby isn't sagging down or bouncing too much in the carrier.
-Limited colors/design choices. Considering that the Sleepy seems like an improvement from the Moby, the Sleepy Wrap manufacturer should offer more choices in colors/patterns/designs or else the Sleepy Wrap may just look like a knockoff of Moby.
-Machine washable, but it is encouraged to spot clean rather than machine wash. Most likely because the washing machine will damage the elasticity of the fabric. So, you'll have to spot clean this carrier.

CONCLUSION:
Sleepy Wrap is better than the Moby Wrap.
on February 24, 2010
I received the Sleepy Wrap as a baby shower gift, and it has proven itself to be a fantastic product. My son is currently 4 months old, and he is a frequent eater (breastfeeds every 1-2 hours) who takes very few daytime naps. He also wants to be held constantly and cries if laid down or left alone too long. The Sleepy Wrap is the only way I can get him to nap longer than 30 minutes during the day! He will often sleep for 2-3 hours in the wrap, waking for a snack and then back off to sleep. I'm a full-time student taking classes online, and I can study and surf the internet with baby wrapped against me! It's the only way I can get things done during the day. If you are a fan of Attachment Parenting, this product is perfect.

I also use the Wrap when going out and about. I simply put the wrap on at home, then transfer him into the wrap from the car seat and carry him with me in stores, at the mall, etc. He either looks around happily or sleeps peacefully. A much better alternative than carrying a carseat, lugging along a stroller, or finding a shopping cart to place the carseat into. The Wrap is extremely comfortable when standing or walking, and I have no problems with back or neck pain while carrying my son, who is currently 15 lbs.

My son was developing a flat spot on his head, and one of the ways I helped treat this was by keeping him in the Wrap. There is no external pressure on his head, so it's much better than laying him in a swing, bouncer or crib.

I can even breastfeed my son in the Wrap. The website says no repositioning is required, but I find that I do have to reposition my son, from side to side and sometimes further down my chest, in order to feed him. It is not a completely discreet way to feed, so I use my Jelly Bean nursing cover over it.

If you have a fussy or needy baby, I highly recommend getting this wrap. We also have a Baby Bjorn, which my husband often wears, and he prefers the Sleepy Wrap for both his and baby's comfort.

The only con of the Sleepy Wrap is that it takes practice to put it on just right, but after about a dozen times it becomes second nature. Also, as I mentioned above, I do have to reposition him to nurse, which often leaves the Wrap stretched and I have to re-wrap it in order to get the snug fit I desire.
on January 2, 2012
For all of those thinking the Moby is the greatest thing ever, the Sleepy Wrap takes things up a notch. It works just like the Moby, there are no buckles to dig into your chest or back. However the Sleepy Wrap is 5% spandex!!! What a difference a little spandex makes. You never have to guess how tight to wrap it to make room for your baby. Just stretch it snug around your body and it will stretch more for your baby! There is always more stretch to it but it never gets "worn out." You also never have to rewrap or readjust when you take your baby out to ride in the car, change their diaper, etc. The quality and comfort of the Sleepy Wrap is amazing as well. It is 95% cotton, so it still breathes well, and is soooo soft. It washes very well, and after a year of use it still looks new. I washed it when I bought it and it did shrink a little, but it was perfect because it is very long. The little bit of shrinking it did made the "leftover wrap" that hung not so long. I used it almost daily the first year. We chose to use a convertible car seat instead of an infant carrier. Studies are showing that wearing your baby instead of leaving them in the car seat is far better for their spine. Not only that but they love to be snuggled next to you! My daughter always slept in the Sleepy Wrap, which made grocery trips and dinners out much nicer for us. She felt safe and secure, and I knew she was as well. I loved how you can place some of the shoulder strap over the back and sides of their head and that keeps strangers from wanting to touch your newborn. I was also never worried about her falling. I always kept a hand under her just incase, but there are just those moments when you have to have both hands and this was wonderful! She is now 20 months and I miss this thing! It comes with a handy carry bag and a booklet to show you the basic wraps. However if you find time to play with this you will find infinate ways to wear your baby. The Sleepy Wrap is the best by far in the baby wearing items, and just the right price too!
on December 5, 2013
I use the wrap around the house so that I can cook, clean, etc. while my baby sleeps and can keep an eye on her. I can also breastfeed with it then allow my baby to fall asleep in the wrap. I usually wear a camisole with it and the wrap keeps my shoulders and upper arms warm. I recommend only put one layer of clothing (i.e. short-sleeved onesie/bodysuit) on your baby when using the wrap so that your baby doesn't get too warm. This is great for babies who always want to be close to their mommies and daddies :)
on June 2, 2014
Prior to purchasing this item, I did my research and compared similar items: Moby Wrap and the K'tan. I decided on the Boba Wrap. What won me over was the stretchy fabric and the versatility (wearing baby different ways). With the Boba Wrap, you just put it on you snugly, and it stretches to accommodate the baby. The Moby Wrap, on the other hand, needs to be put on with a little bit of slack for the baby... And figuring out just how much slack you need to put in your baby makes it more tedious.

I received my Boba Wrap in the mail when my baby was about 8 weeks old (13 lb. baby) and have been using it every single time Ingo out instead of our stroller. It's especially useful during grocery shopping when I need both my hands.

The included manual instructs you to use the product with the baby facing inward. I, however, have used this 2 more ways: 1) Baby facing outward; 2) Discreet nursing in cradle position. There are many tutorials on these on YouTube. Being able to nurse discreetly is the best thing ever ( EBF mommy here) because now I can nurse literally everywhere! I use the facing inward position when I want my baby to sleep.. And face out position when he is wide awake. I love the stretch too because it allows for easier bouncing.

The downside of this product is that it could get a bit too warm (I live in Guam = tropical weather) so I only use this product when I'm indoors/air conditioned places. This product would be even more perfect for cold weather.
on July 26, 2015
I love this wrap! It is the same as the Boba wrap and is more widely available under that name as the "sleepy wrap" name is being phased out. I don't know what I would've done without it for the first 4 months of my daughter's life!

Pros:
-It is very stretchy (more so that the moby, which makes it more comfortable and easier to adjust to fit comfortably). I found that I could wear it all day and easily "pop" the baby in and out as needed.
-With just a few tries it's easy to learn how to wrap it and then put baby in. She slept great in it, it was comfortable on my back, and freed up my hands to do simple tasks.

Cons:
The max weight limit may say 35 lbs, but I found that once my daughter was around 15 lbs it started sagging enough that it was no longer comfortable for me and we switched to primarily using a soft structured carrier (we had the ergo baby). It is still worth if for those first few months.
on March 4, 2015
Awesome wrap. I have never tried the Moby wrap but I'm so glad I did NOT. The sleepy wrap (aka boba-same thing) Is really great. It has a lot of stretch but very secure so it doesn't feel like your little baby is going to fall out. My daughter is 15 pounds and she fits very well in here with PLENTY of room to grow.
on February 24, 2014
I'm 5"2" and was 145 lbs post baby when I started using this. It's made for amazon women not petite ones. There was just too much wrap for me. I got really hot after I got my baby all snug in it and was ready to rip it off immediately. I guess if you're outside in the Winter it's a good wrap but I didn't get anything out of it but a bad mood. Giving it away.
on November 29, 2011
OMG this thing is amazing! Seriously a gamechanger. When I put my daughter in it (4 weeks old) she yawns and closes her eyes immediately! Then my hands are free to do what I need to do around the house. I'm not sitting there feeding her every 30 minutes trying to get her to nap!

My husband and I got into a "debate" in Babies R Us about whether or not to buy a carrier or a wrap. We ended up getting the Infantino Swift carrier & this wrap. The carrier works OK but as soon as my wrap came my husband now wears mine instead! He just won't wear it out of the house because he thinks it looks too funny on him.

The Sleepy Wrap doesn't put strain on your back & shoulders like other baby carriers do - it's VERY comfortable. It doesn't leave her feet dangling or marks on her face like my hubsand's carrier does. If you are trying to decide between the Moby & this wrap go with this one. I heard the Moby is looser and you have to keep readjusting the fabric.
on December 4, 2014
I LOVE this wrap! It wasn't hard to figure out & I can nurse discreetly. I see no reason to keep my carriers where you strap them in with the clips. Those were hurting my back. It does get a little warm in there so it's great for this time of year.