Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on May 2, 2013
For those reviewers who did not understand that this is a "dive thermometer" let me explain...this is designed to work underwater while diving, not in the air while walking on dry land. Water has a much greater heat conductivity than air which is why you can go hypothermic in 60 degree water but not in 60 degree air. I brought three different thermometers down to test this product, all were within + - one degree. The only criticism I have about the product is that it is too small to fit larger metal bands, I used a short piece of velcro tape and it worked fine though.
on January 11, 2011
I bought this knowing the face was going to be white from the first reviewer. I added it to the band of my wrist watch, and it consistently reads 10-15 degrees over the actual temp due to the thermometer being affected by body heat.

It's fairly accurate when removed and left to sit for 10-15 minutes. I gave it four stars because it is not as pictured.
on February 3, 2016
I bought two of them. I keep one on my watch band w/ a slide on compass and this on the other side. I like being able to tell the temperature when camping/hiking... You have to take it off of your wrist to get an accurate reading, but as a rule I subtract 10 degrees from what it reads on my wrist and it's pretty accurate within a few degrees. The read out is small, and each 'mark' is 5 degrees... but again, it appears to be accurate. It also appears to be well made... I wouldn't go banging on it, but it seems sturdy.
on September 21, 2012
Wont come in black will have a white face. not bad for what i needed it for. But again will not come in black. Gage does register ten degrees too high because of your body heat but deduct 10 degreess and you can tell right temperature. not a big deal form me.
on September 16, 2015
Tough as nails so far 2 years old.
It reads your own body temp as well if you're wearing the watch. But it will give you a decent hypothermia warning if you are in cold water even if it is picking up your own body heat as well...
on January 21, 2014
Small, difficult to read but I believe that it is reasonably accurate. It only works when the watch is submerged - otherwise body heat will affect the temperature. While this may seem obvious to some, many reviewers either a.) don't understand this concept or b.) expect a miracle product for 7 bucks that can somehow compensate for body temperature.
on September 8, 2014
As long as the purchaser remembers this is not a scientific grade, top of the line, milspec item, designed to work under water, all will be well.
It does exactly as it should, works just fine in water and is nicely made.
An additional star for swift delivery, when other items purchased at the same time, have yet to arrive a week later.
I would recommend to others.
on June 18, 2012
I bought three of these and they are 1-14 degrees to high whether they are on a wrist or in a drawer. I will buy one more later to see if it was this batch or just an overall bad product. Saw no contact information for the seller.
on October 9, 2015
Haven't actually tested accuracy of temp setting yet...........But, I know I can't read the numbers without reading glasses....So, even it does register accurately, I'll have to put my reading glasses on just to read the temp....But honestly, not sure how they can make the numbers bigger without making the item a lot bigger.... Hmmmm Maybe I complain too much...
on March 18, 2014
I bought an automatic watch as a back to a Casio that has all the bells and whistles. This thermometer fit the band, has not scratched or cracked (and I'm a bit rough on watches) and is pretty accurate. You may want to take it off the watch if you need the temp to be closer to precise, but for my use, just holding my arm out for a little bit does the job.