5.0 out of 5 stars Great belt: note on sizing
First, as other reviewers here, I am 100% pleased and satisfied with this belt. It is high quality, looks great, works great, plus very nicely packed by the seller, complete with a little "thank you" note upon opening!

Published on June 1, 2012 by Sandstone

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Mission Belt
Published 6 months ago by VanceVEP72

5.0 out of 5 stars Great belt: note on sizing, June 1, 2012
Sandstone (Salem, OR United States) - See all my reviews

Now, a note on sizing. I had somewhat pessimistically ordered too large a size. I was on the verge of returning the belt for an exchange, when it dawned on me, due to the way this belt is constructed, it was easy to cut off a few inches of leather and make it the right size.

The key to this is: the buckle hardware is independent of the belt, in fact, for the first use, you're expected to attach it yourself, very easy, with a hinged plate with sharp teeth that bite into and secure the leather. That edge of the leather is then hidden inside the buckle hardware, so doesn't need a nice, finished edge. I just carefully cut off a few inches of leather, being sure to keep a nice straight edge, reattached the buckle hardware, and voila! perfect sized belt.

I doubt if the manufacturer recommends this... and it will surely void your return privileges [November 2012: please see comment] if you make a mess of it. But, if you're willing to trust your handiwork and find you ordered too large a size, this is an option. It worked well for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent belt, and a word of warning..., June 25, 2012
This is a great belt, high quality leather, and the buckling mechanism is VERY well constructed. It is 5-stars, the story I'm about to tell is more just about helping you have a smooth first time experience.

Just a word of warning... figure out the locking/unlocking mechanism and do it a few times before you put it on.

The terror when I realized I had no idea how to unlock the belt on the way to the bathroom was only topped by the terror when the belt actually tightened as I fiddled with it trying to get it to unlock. I ended up having to force my pants down and taking them off so I could examine the mechanism and get the belt to release.

Since then it has been smooth sailing.

pro-tip: for an easier unlock put your finger on the release mechanism pulling it away from your body with one hand, while pushing the belt just slightly in (as though you were going to try to tighten the belt.) When you do that the mechanism releases easily and you just need to keep the mechanism up while you pull the belt out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome design, so-so strap., June 1, 2012
For years I have been a chronic sufferer of severe pant sag, electing to use cloth loop belts that would slip and drop. I would have to rearrange and tighten my belt a ridiculous amount of times per day. I finally decided that I needed to seek help. I purchased a few Columbia-brand web belts that solved the problem for my casual pants, but they are hardly nice enough to wear in a more formal setting. I wanted a similar, leather equivalent. Erik Blaire seems to be the only company offering such a belt, because I cannot find anything else like this ratchet-style belt. In short, based on the reviews, I expected a good quality belt and as soon as I took it out of the box I was happy. It didn't really "click" until I strapped the belt on. The belt slides into the buckle and makes a clean ratcheting sound. Your pants are now locked into place. The belt releases with the pull of a release mechanism. The quality of the leather is acceptable.

As far as sizing goes. I am a pretty consistent size 32 waist. I ordered the medium size (36-38") and it is really one size too large for me. I should have ordered the small size (34-36"). The medium size does fit, but I am on the last couple of notches on the slider. I think I am going to order another couple of small belts and keep these for later in life when I may need a little bigger belt...

****UPDATE*****
I finally got a bit fed up having my belt be just a bit too big. I proceeded to purchase a small sized strap directly from the company website. After ordering, I realized that I somehow accidentally ordered the XSmall size and sent them an email asking for them to change my order. I explained that I had purchased a belt on Amazon that was a size too large and that was why I was ordering the strap. I was promptly responded to and told that these belts are made to be cut. They placed my order on hold for me while I cut the strap. With a sharp pair of scissors, I simply cut the belt down 2 inches. No fraying, its just as good as if it were cut from the company itself. My belt now fits me perfectly. I suggest cutting off a little at a time until you are happy, because once u cut it too short its stuck like that. Knowing this, I would not be scared to order a belt a size too big. They are REALLY EASY TO CUT DOWN TO SIZE!!!

****UPDATE #2****
I decided to take one star off of my rating of these belts because after repeated use during the last few months the belt is cracking. Based on the price, maybe this is to be expected. I am still wearing the belt and its still great, but it is a little upsetting to see it cracking so soon. I hope that the company will take note of this. I LOVE the design of these belts and would be willing to pay double, or even triple the price for a nicer leather strap.

5.0 out of 5 stars OH MY GOD!!!, January 2, 2012
This belt is freaking sweet! NEVER have I owned a belt so nice! so easy to wear and the sliding feature is awesomeness like you wouldn't believe. Sleek elegant design. No holes. This belt is on my list of gifts. The buckle comes off easy so you can alternate sizes or colors of leather. Comes in a fancy tin box. Great customer service from seller as well. If you're looking for a nice belt look no further. Holes in belts are so obsolete. It is not just another slider belt. The sliding is smooth & sleek & the release is effortless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item, February 2, 2012
The buckle and belt are truly comfortable. I have used slidebelts like this in the past but was always surprised by the lack of durability. Old styles used springs, with a similar holeless belt style---but these sliding ones are impressive. Sleek, decent weight, slides smoothly without using a spring. After having used this slidebelt for a couple of months, I can safely say that it will be much more durable than others from the past.

The one thing I do not like about it are the edges at the underside of the belt that dig into my tummy when I sit down. They make the experience less than desired, but that is my own weakness and not one of the belt. A lot of other belts have the same effect on me. Note: The Erik Blaire company contacted me and helped me choose a slidebelt buckle style that worked even better---and gave it to me as a complimentary gift. Blew me away with their generosity. Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, April 8, 2012
This belt is excellent in Quality and elegant.
The chromic finish is so appealing too.
I recommend it and will take one more.
The seller is awesome as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars The One Belt, March 23, 2013
WN (Florence, WI United States) - See all my reviews
Thank you Amazon reviews for helping me choose this belt! I am a middle age male with a gut (I'm working on it)! I have had countless belts that have failed to keep 'up' their end of the bargain. Some wear out quickly, stretch, look bad, generally fail to perform. Really - who wants to see the dreaded plumbers crack in any person, let alone some fat guy that makes poor choices in his wife's underwear.

This is the one belt, the one that finds them, the one that truly binds them. All kidding aside, this belt is by far the best belt I've ever owned - it has a great clasping system, looks great, and keeps my damn pants up! It even comes with a nice box which my wife has claimed for her various 'toys'. I will be ordering three more in various colors to match my fabulous wardrobe choices (deer camp orange, gardening green or maybe Midwest dull-grey).

5.0 out of 5 stars Best belt ever... and a fabulous gift., January 31, 2013
While searching for a unique, but relatively inexpensive, Christmas gift for my husband of 20+ years, I came upon this SlideBelt on Amazon. My husband is very difficult to buy for because he usually goes out and buys anything he needs. When he opened his gift, his curiosity was peaked right away. The belt is well packaged in an intriguing case. Then, when he opened it, he was more intrigued by the design, which is elegant, effective, and like no other belt he has owned. He easily placed the buckle onto the belt and slid the belt on -- clamping it down at the exact right length; not too tight, not too lose, and with no wasted motion. He said aloud, "This is exactly the way a belt should be made!" And it looked amazing, too! Voila! The perfect Christmas gift! A month later, he still loves his belt and hasn't gone back to the old hole-punch technology. Thank you for a great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent belt and customer service, April 15, 2013
After reading the reviews, I purchased a SlideBelt in black leather and was very impressed as to the high quality and ease of use. The small easy adjustments were what I was seeking for my back condition (spine issues). I have been using military style web belts to achieve this easy; but this is a style I didn't want to wear for all occasions. The belt buckle is a solid metal one; so it is a bit heavier than other buckles. Rating 5 stars

So I purchased two additional belts - one with dark brown leather and another black leather belt but with a dressier black buckle. The new black performed flawlessly like the first belt. Unfortunately, the brown belt hung up slightly while unbuckling, which was very annoying. I tried to determine if there was an easy adjustment to be made but I could not find one. So I reluctantly contacted the seller and stated the problem. The belt was replaced fast with one that performs like the black leather belts. Great customer service! Another 5 stars - this time for customer service.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Mission Belt, January 9, 2014
I bought this SlideBelt and a Mission Belt at the same time. Here's why I prefer the SlideBelt... the buckle. The Mission Belt has a VERY bulky buckle compared to the SlideBelt. Also, the release mechanism on the SlideBelt is much easier to use (simply pull on the outer portion of the buckle to release) vs the Mission Belt (tiny, hard to find lever). Here's where they BOTH fall short of 4/5 stars... the belt. Both have a plasticy feeling, thin belt. I had a ratchet belt made by Kenneth Cole that I bought in a retail store a couple years ago. The KC belt had a real leather belt that felt much higher quality. If SlideBelt would step up the quality of the belt, I'd give it 4/5 stars.

Rate and Discover Movies