WE know who we are, the guys with the big belly that still have not given up on the concept of a waist line. Unlike the guys that have given up, we still refuse to pull our pants up over our belly... If you relate to what I'm saying, this review is specifically for you, but the feature I like may appeal to others as well.

When I look at the buckle from the...
Published 8 months ago by Longhorn

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
ok
Published 3 months ago by gmike

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels thin at the buckle, replaced a 50" belt with a 48"... a problem solver for the large guy that still has a waist., April 25, 2014
This review is from: SlideBelts Men's Single Buckles (Apparel)

When I look at the buckle from the side, it does not look thin. When I wear it, it feels thin however. I'm a big guy with a belly that hangs over the belt a bit. And my hips seem smaller than my waist, so I have to pull my belt extra-tight to get it to hold my pants up as a result of my shape. That is fine while standing, but if you have a sit-down job, you really put a lot of pressure on your belt-line below the navel. By the end of the day I have quarter inch deep impressions of my belt and jeans button in my waist line, and it is quite painful.

My wife bought me one of these as a gift, and it was touch and go from the start. I normally wear a 50" or 52" belt, so the fact that this one stops at 48 was worrisome. Also, the buckle looks thick and probably painful to add to my seated wast-line. But guess what?!? The belt fit me fine in every way. When I get home at the end of the day, I continue to wear my belt, whether at my desk, or on the couch. I no longer have the continual urge to take my belt off as the day wears on, regardless of how much I have tightened the belt.

The bottom line is I'm at the end of the range these belts were designed for, and I am /very/ happy with this purchase. I really don't know why they don't have longer sizes, as this is a really good belt for the larger man. Longer belts will cost more, but I would pay it to add 2 to 3 inches to this pne. It "fits" but it is awfully short if I don't pull it too tight.

5.0 out of 5 stars SlideBelts vs. MissionBelt, April 18, 2014
DRM "DRM" (New England USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SlideBelts Men's Single Buckles (Apparel)
After seeing the MissionBelt on an episode of SharkTank. I bought one. I can't complain based solely on my experience with it. However, as with most products, you don't know the true value of a product until you try the competition. When compared to the SlideBelts, the MissionBelt cannot compete. The SlideBelts buckles are much more sleek and strong. It is almost as if the MissionBelt is a cheap knock-off. Another great thing is that if you have already purchased a MissionBelt and want to upgrade to a SlideBelts buckle, you don't have to buy the leather again (unless you want a new color). The SlideBelts buckles fit the MissionBelt leather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greate thing for its price, July 5, 2014
I prefer sliders and tried them a lot. Definitely, SlideBelts are the best choice for its price among all sliders I had. Very good buckles. The another good thing with sliders - I can change buckles on the belts combine any of them as I wish with my wear and shoes. Now I use three of them: gunmetal, black and silver and belts are: black, brown, grey and black checkered, so there are a lot of possible combinations. The big problem with buckles in general - they loose original color after some time. Not the SlideBelts. It seems I will use them for long time not changing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy-to-use, attractive, quality belts & buckles at a bit of a cost, March 30, 2014
My global review for the three belts and four buckles I've bought:

Even this co.'s lower-end belts are high quality, the belts and particularly the buckles are quite attractive, and the SlideBelts "system" is simple to use to mix & match the belts & buckles. 5 stars for all of this. (Of course quality costs, so 3.5 to 4 stars for the prices simply because I'm cheap.)

4.0 out of 5 stars buckle, June 10, 2014
My mission buckle broke ,so after reading reviews I bought this buckle to go on my mission belt, I like this buckle better then the mission on how it releases ,but it has came off off the belt twice in about two weeks since I had it and it is a little heavier then the mission buckle,, next time I need a new belt I will by the Slide belt and buckle together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome buckles!, August 28, 2014
These belt buckles are awesome quality and do a great job. I'm very happy with my purchase. Thanks for a great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars someone from SlideBelts staff took the time to HAND write a small note thanking me for my order and wishing me to enjoy the item, November 14, 2014
I normally don't write reviews (though I should) but this order merits big kudos. This is the second time I order from SlideBelts and the quality is outstanding. That’s not the reason why I decided to write a review, however. I’m writing because in the invoice that was inside my package, someone from SlideBelts staff took the time to HAND write a small note thanking me for my order and wishing me to enjoy the item. This may seem like a small thing, and it technically is, but it goes a long way to show SlideBelt’s attention to customer service. Thank you SlideBelts and know you now have a loyal customer. Cheers

5.0 out of 5 stars Slide Belt Buckle, September 17, 2014
SOMETIME REVIEWER (SOUTHERN KENTUCKY, USA) - See all my reviews
Belt and slider buckle are packaged nice enough for gift giving and arrive quick. I like the many adjusting sizes and does not use holes in leather to wear and go bad quickly. Second step, learn how the buckle unlatches, in case you are in a hurry to unlatch
as another reviewer commented in his review. What he said can be very true. Know your equipment and don't assume it comes natural to operate. It is simple, but might not come natural, the motion to unfasten the buckle. I recommend the slider buckle.
Larry

5.0 out of 5 stars Ingenious re-engineering of the belt, September 4, 2014
love these slide/ratcheting belts with interchangeable buckles and straps. I have started sending them as gifts and others enjoy receiving them too. They are packaged in an attractive box for gifting as well as being practical, personal gifts. Lastly, just order a strap larger than you know you need because you trim the excess from the end of the strap that attaches/detaches from the buckle. Never a reason to return for improper size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking, January 12, 2014
Love slide belts... such a smart design! Only one complaint... the latch that holds the teeth tight on the belt sometimes comes out and then the buckle falls off (only when off, never during wear). Easily solved, just used a tiny piece of tape to hold the latch shut.

SlideBelts Men's Single Buckles