4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit everytime
I started looking around for a belt like this after hearing about ratcheting belts from a friend. The release mechanism on those was a lever at the top side of the buckle that looked like it would be poking me in the stomach when ever I sat down. I was not really a fan of the style of the buckles either.

After several days of searching I finally decided on...
Published 12 months ago by Lucas T.

3.0 out of 5 stars MUSTY SMELL FROM A BELT
I bought this belt as a birthday gift for myself. I read a lot of positive reviews and decided to go ahead and buy one. I was looking for a belt which I could adjust easily with different pants and which looked elegant and classy.
I was positively surprised by the packaging; very elegant and well presented. BUT, the smell, OH MY GOD. When I opened the box the...
Published 1 month ago by Olman Solis

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit everytime, September 1, 2013

After several days of searching I finally decided on the Slide belt. The styling of the buckle is much cleaner with no branding than any other offering I found. Also the release is built into the face of the buckle. The outer rim of the buckle lifts and releases the belt.

Another thing I really like about this belt is the simplicity of the buckle mechanism. There is only one moving part and a spring.

Another reviewer mentioned that the buckle connection to the belt would not close flush. Once you attach the belt to the buckle and have pressed the flap down as far as it will go, pull on the belt as if trying to pull it out of the buckle. This will finish setting the connection and the flap will be flush then.

I love the perfect fit that the 1/4 in steps gives, and that it never randomly comes loose like some other belts I have had.

I only have two negative. First is the quality of the leather. It looks great and feels great, but after about 1 month small stringy bits started to show up on the top and bottom edges. Not sure what it is, but when I pull on them a strip of black comes off the belt. The finish on the belt where it came from is duller than the rest and the texture seems to be gone as well. Thus far this seems to be an aesthetic issue only. Secondly, the buckle can still poke me in the stomach at times when I am sitting. Though when wearing an undershirt it is not an issue. In the belts defense, I do have a bit of a large gut.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Belt I've owned in years., August 7, 2013
Placed my order Monday and received it on Wednesday.
This is the second Slidebelt I've purchased, and I did so only because I wanted another color. The buckles look great and are well built. The leather on my first has held up for close to a year now and I wear it almost daily. It shows no signs of wearing out. This is the only belt I've owned in years that hasn't fallen apart after a few months.
Sizing is true to what's listed and can be adjusted several inches smaller than stated. If you're unsure, order slightly larger and you can trim it down from the side that attaches to the buckle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great belt system! Buckle really heavy though!, August 16, 2013
J.L (San Antonio, TX, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SlideBelts Men's Gunmetal Leather Belt - Custom Fit (Apparel)
As my title briefly states, the belt is a great belt. I have other "normal" belts that are a bit thicker. But I think they kept it this thin is so one can cut it to size fairly easily, which I did. I ordered a bit bigger than I normally do. I wear a 34, but bought the 35-36. And I think is the better choice than risking the lower size. This way you can cut it to size IN SMALL INCREMENTS lol. Slidebelt says they do free exchanges if you cut off too much but just be diligent.

I have the plain gunmetal buckle with dark mocha leather belt. In the reviews I have seen, I was expecting the clear lockbox and not the box, but hey, no biggie, I'm not wearing the box am I? I initially put it on yesterday afternoon when I came home from work and it worked brilliantly. Just clamp the straight side to the buckle's teeth and then "slide on". In my initial view, it was cool! Then looking at the length, it was a bit too long lol. I decided this morning to cut it a finger length to start and that was the perfect length. I guess I'll need to buy more belts if I get wider in the waist lol.

Now to the buckle. It's an really really nice gunmetal. Very impressed in how it looks. My single and only gripe is that the buckle is so much heavier than the belt itself. I mean yea I know, it should be, but it's very noticeable. And a secondary minor thing is that if you slide the belt tight, the buckle will rise and not really sit flush until the pressure behind the buckle is loosened. I guess no buffet lunches for me lol. Otherwise, the belt looks and feels nice. Looks more like a "dressy" belt for suits, than a more hefty belt than I am accustom to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Looking, Even Better Fuctionality, July 28, 2013
I actually performed a product comparison test with the SlideBelt against a similar ratchet belt from one of their competitors. After testing both belts at home I have come to the conclusion that I prefer the SlideBelt immensely. Although both belts essentially work the same and look similar, the unlocking mechanism of the SlideBelt feels more solid and is easier to use than its competitor. To loosen the SlideBelt, the outer perimeter of the belt buckle acts as a lever you pull to release the ratchet mechanism. On the competitor belt, the release was a small lever found on the bottom of the buckle which I found more difficult to reach and access.

I have suffered a lifetime of cracked leather belts and grew tired of constantly replacing them. With SlideBelts, I'm certain I've found the solution to my wardrobe's bane. This is a great looking belt made with high quality materials. I love the subdued look of the gunmetal belt buckle. I purchased belts in both brown and black to interchange accordingly with my suits. I've received nothing but compliments so far whenever I wear these out. I don't think I will buy another belt with holes ever again. The customer service I experienced was also personalized and superb. I would not hesitate to buy more belts from this company.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you wear pants, get a SlideBelt!, November 27, 2013
If you don't wear pants, SlideBelts make a great gift or recommendation to anyone who does.

Holes make you bend a belt to buckle/unbuckle and causes cracking. Nobody likes a crack belt look. Get a belt that with 100% crack free operation and make sure your crack stays covered.

I seriously love these belts. I have three of these beauties already and threw my ugly crack belts out.

Having 3 belt colors and 3 different buckles gives me 9 belt combos to use!

5.0 out of 5 stars I have had the Slide Belt for 2 years now and am extremely pleased with the product, September 11, 2014
Plaker (Plumas Lake, CA) - See all my reviews
After seeing the Mission belt on Shark Tank, I looked at reviews on Amazon. Based on the reviews, I decided to purchase the Slide Belt instead. This was based on several reviews that said the Slide Belt was easier to release than the Mission belt. I have had the Slide Belt for 2 years now and am extremely pleased with the product. Previously I had a problem with conventional belts, that regularly tore out the adjustment holes. I tend to cinch up my belt very tightly . The Slide Belt has given me absolutely no problems and is very easy to release. Once this one eventually wears out, I will purchase an identical replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hits All The Points for a Great Belt!, August 26, 2014
Pros

* Buckle is heavy and feels good in the hand. Feels like it will last a long time.
* Leather Belt itself is sleek and true to color. I noticed no blemishes. Easy to cut and underside has clearly marked cutting guide-lines.
* Easy to put together unless you have weak thumbs and can't press down on the teeth clamp.
* Surprisingly it's delivered in a nice well presented box and package.

Cons

* None.

Other

** I had to decide between this belt and Mission Belt. I generally read more positive reviews for this belt compared to Mission Belt. It also appeared this belt came in more colors that I wanted and had more buckle options. In the end this belt won over Mission Belt and I'm not disappointed at all. To those that say the buckle feels too heavy and causes their pants to sag, I will firmly disagree. It works, It keeps your pants up and looks good doing it. Go with this belt if you are on the fence. **

-Giz out.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll never buy a traditional belt again!, July 27, 2014
This belt may not necessary go with all colors, but I can't bring myself to put on any of the traditional belts I own! It's just a matter of time before I buy another.

What do I like about it? I like the finish of the buckle. It looks and feels slick. More importantly, I love the ratchet sound as I tighten the belt leaving a perfect fit every time. The leather doesn't disfigure with this design as there are no prongs and holes to deal with. When you receive the belt, you first trim, if necessary, the length of leather to size, attach the buckle ... slide the belt through the loops in your pants and into the buckle ... go about your business for the day ... then pull back on the buckle to release its hold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ratchet belt, September 13, 2014
My husband goes through belts so quickly. They always rip or the buckle breaks off. The previous one he had was a military style belt but it would always get stuck and it was very difficult to remove. I am very frugal so I was hesitant to spend so much on a belt but with a 6 month warranty I figured I had nothing to lose.My husband straps a radio, utility knife and other job related tools to this belt and it is still in great condition. He is also on the larger side, and this belt can handle the weight. It is extremely easy to remove and adjust. Out of all the ratchet belts, even the mission belt, this one has the best mechanism for easy removal and adjustment. If you need a belt, this is the only one worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slide Belt is the best ratchet belt out there!, January 24, 2014
Slide belt employs a superior buckle mechanism than other similar belts. I have a similar belt that has a small metal tab that takes a little finesse to disengage. Slide belt builds their mechanism using a superior design that not only blends into the buckle but also is much easier to disengage. You might pay a few more bucks for this brand but I find it superior to similar belts and the price is worth it.

SlideBelts Men's Gunmetal Leather Belt - Custom Fit