5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to believe I could be excited by a belt
Published 17 months ago by Michael E. Lewis

2.0 out of 5 stars Too heavy
Published 13 months ago by Fahim Bhatty

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to believe I could be excited by a belt, August 21, 2013
Michael E. Lewis (Shelton, CT United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this belt having seen a similar belt on ABC's Shark Tank. That COMPANY, Mission Belt didn't carry my size (I'm a large but shrinking) man. AMAZON eventually showed me a similar but cheaper belt called Slide Belt, it was almost identical in design but came in a larger size. I bought it and have not been disappointed. From the high quality presentation type box it came in (I hated throwing it away) to the actual belt itself, it oozes quality. The design is amazing and the buckle itself is like a fine piece of jewelry.

When I first bought it I just made the first "click" on the device that keeps it buckled. I have since list 15 pounds and its another few clicks tighter. The nice thing is there are no creases where the buckle was like you'd find in a typical belt. Plus as I shrink I can cut off the part that connects to the buckle and continue wearing it, it's designed for that. Most belts you'd punch a hole in it to make it smaller and eventually have this long end hanging off. Not so with this belt.

I showed it go my father, who loved it and wants one. I'm purchasing another for me with a different buckle design and getting one for my Dad and son.

This is by far my longest review because as crazy as it sounds, I love this belt.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too heavy, December 4, 2013
I was initially super excited by the new design (no holes!) but now that is wearing off and reality is sinking in- literately. Aside from random small bumps on the surface of belt which Customer Support described as a manufacturing flaw (occurred in 2 of the 3 belts I purchased), my main grief with this product is the weight of the buckle. When I looked into the bathroom mirror later in the day, I noticed my pants sagging making for quite an unprofessional appearance. Of course, I tried tightening the belt more securely but this gets uncomfortable when too tight.

I do like the price and the mechanism but in the end I would rather pay a little more and go for a Mission belt which is a similar concept but less than half the weight as far as I can tell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gimmick that works Update Sept 2014, August 8, 2014
I was given this as a gift by a "fun" family member who knows how much I hate gimmicky items. So it had a couple of strikes against it from the start. Well it holds my pants up. The ratcheting mechanism works well and holds back my "rock hard" belly. By rock hard I mean shaped like a boulder.... So it looks nice, works, and that is about all I can say. Good belt.

Just an update. This is no longer a "gimmick" in my book. It is a functional belt and buckle that works well. It has been a couple of months of use now and the system shows no signs of wear or loosening. Very pleased with the this belt.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Buckle, the connector could be improved though., May 7, 2014
Michael Esposito (NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV, US) - See all my reviews
So... make sure when you're cutting the leather you cut it exactly square to the belt, otherwise when you go to connect it to the buckle you can may not be able to make it look straight (the belt comes out at a slight angle.) Maybe if the connector was a bit deeper you could adjust the leather to correct this problem.

Overall the belt looks great, the leather isn't the best but it works for the belt, and I'm happy with the product. I'm not sure I would pay full price, however, until I see how the leather wears out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best belt idea ever., September 5, 2014
This is a fantastic solution. No more worn out holes, ability to adjust the belt for comfort after that big buffet meal.

More importantly, the overall quality of the belt is excellent. The buckle looks great. The leather is good quality. The manufacturing seems top notch.

This is the first of several of these belts I'll purchase. All other belts I own will be relegated to other tasks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, great value, June 3, 2014
Awesome belt that fits perfectly every time with the rail adjustment system. Not an expensive belt but very good looking and highly functional. Get one and you will get another, I promise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing belt, July 26, 2013
After getting this belt and trying it on i must say i cant believe i ever used one with holes

and the price is same for most designed belts and in some cases this belt is alot less compared to some of my Armani ones so if you dont get one your just plain dumb

get one now ... i got 2 .. black and brown with 2 diff styles of buckle which you can change out with other styles as well

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall a Nice Product, December 11, 2014
These belts are of high quality and overall I like them, but they aren't perfect. The buckle itself is very heavy and can almost pull your pants down when it's unbuckled! If you leave the belt on your pants after you take them off and try to hang them, the weight can pull the entire pair of pants off the hanger (if it's a plastic hanger). Also, the ratcheting makes a lot of noise when you're buckling up, which can be embarrassing in a public restroom. I'm also a skinny guy so I had to cut off a lot of leather to get it to fit (nearly 2 feet!). The leather is very thick and I cut it with tin snips. Regular scissors will probably work but use heavy duty ones. Since the belts aren't cheap I kind of feel like I paid for all that leather I ended up throwing away. Other than that I would buy them all over again, and I like the fact that I can buy the buckles on their own and have different colors/styles.

4.0 out of 5 stars ** SEE UPDATED ENTRY *** Highly suggest you do not waste your money, January 4, 2015
I have to admit I am keenly disappointed at the quality of this belt. Having owned a Feishanglige belt, now, for 1.5 years I guess I'm spoiled. This belt feels and looks CHEAP. I only wish the Feishanglige ratchet belt were still available here on Amazon but, alas, it's gone. Yes, it was Chinese-made and as a USAF Veteran I'm all for buying, "Made in the U.S.A." but if US companies can't come up with the right quality, what's the point? I paid 2x for this belt over what I paid for the Feishanglige - and worse than half the quality, in my opinion. If anyone knows of a GOOD quality ratchet type belt please let me know. I'll be keeping this because I hate the hassle of returning stuff but will NOT be buying another SlideBelt - I recommend you don't, either.
Buckle is excellent - if I could rate these separately I'd give that 5 stars.

UPDATE 1/9/2015
Okay, I do not believe an original review should be retracted but I do believe there are times when one needs to be updated with new information. This is one of those times.
I've upgraded my review from 2 stars to 4, as of this writing...here's why.
I did send an email to SlideBelts support, per Brian's comment and I am 100% blown away at the awesome level of customer support I have now received. I ain't no spring chicken so have watched as customer service, in general, has deteriorated over the decades. The definition of disappointment is simply this: It is the gap between expectation and realization - the less you expect the less you're likely to be disappointed. I didn't expect ANY of the fantastic treatment I got.
I sent them photo's of both the belt I received from them (they asked for a description of it, thinking I had one of their older belts - I figured a picture paints a thousand words) as well as a shot of the Chinese-made belt that I love so much. Here is Matthew's response (support rep):

"Hi Andy,
Thanks for sending over those photos. It looks like the belt that you have had (from China) is closer to our older style leathers. Our newer version is 100% leather without any polyurethane, which is why it is a little more raw looking; however, the actual quality of the leather is much better and will last you longer. What I'm going to do is send you one of our older leathers that more closely resembles your original belt and you can keep both to compare and use as you like. You would not be the first person to like the style of our older leathers better than our newer ones.
The replacement leather has already been shipped via the United States Postal Service..."

So it appears that it all comes down to personal preference. I like the feel of the soft, very flexible belt I got from China...SlideBelts are solid, genuine leather and have a rugged look (on backside only) and are a lot more stiff. BUT - Matthew says they're stronger and I have no reason to dispute that.

So I've upgraded the stars to 4 - I'm still not super crazy about this belt but, wow, they're going the extra mile...sending me one of their older belts (that may be more of what I'm looking for) just to keep me happy. Yes, I'm sure my ability to write very effectively had an effect on that as well...they weren't just losing me as a customer, I blasted them out here and that obviously can have a much bigger impact ... but, bottom line, they're making it right.
Thank you, SlideBelts!!

4.0 out of 5 stars My favorite belt, January 7, 2015
This belt looks great and can be adjusted to virtually any size. I like how you can let the belt out or take it in by just a little bit depending on your comfort and what you're doing. I work on my feet and do a lot of bending, I noticed that the material of the belt is kind of thin (thus easy to cut). If you don't hang it up overnight it has a tendency to retain whatever shape it was in. Also the clasp on the buckle is slightly loose, when secured it doesn't line up by a fraction of a centimeter--of course the only person who would notice would be looking straight at your belt...

When cutting the belt for size remember you can always take away but never add!