Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on July 6, 2014
Intriguing concept of a ratcheting buckle, but the weight of the buckle and inferior leather quality don't equate to the price.
At a comfortable tightness, the heavy material (compared to a typical belt) causes it to droop in front. This can be sucked up by ratcheting another notch or two, but then the belt feels too tight, while bunching up my pants.

Even though this is the FULL GRAIN leather version, it still is NOT the quality of a superior belt. If you expect supple leather, shop elsewhere.
11 comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2014
Overall I really like the belt styles and quality of the buckle however there seems to be a bit of a design issue with the metal buckle and leather combination.

I only gave 3 stars because after four months of normal use the surface of my full grain leather belt is now noticeably worn and the stitching is coming apart due to the sharp edges of the buckle guide scraping away at the leather surface each time I put the belt on and take it off.
11 comment27 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2014
I bought the Slidebelt with the premium leather hoping that it would last a lot longer than the dress belts you find today. I really like the slidebelt. The buckle is well made and works smoothly with the belt. The buckle may be a little big for a dress belt, but it works for me. I'll let you know in a few months how well the premium leather holds up. If the leather holds up, I'll probably be ordering a different style buckle with brown leather.
11 comment11 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2014
First time writing a review in awhile since I buy so many things on Amazon, it's just so time-consuming for me, but this one along with it's STELLAR customer service from SlideBelts need a review!

I bought a Mahogany Full Grain a little over 2 months ago, but when it arrived the color didn't match up to mahogany brown, but rather a light cognac color. Didn't mind at all, actually prefer light cognac over mahogany. After about a month of usage, the color started to fade out, leaving weird patches on the leather. I tried to ignore it for a while, but then one day I just snapped and couldn't take looking at the belt any longer.

2 months after purchase date, I emailed SlideBelts about the issue just for giggles and see what would happen.
Staci, the Guest Service Guru handled everything better than I could ever imagine!
She told me there was a first batch of mahogany that was dyed wrong and shipped me a BRAND-NEW replacement with a return label for an exchange!

Actually haven't even returned the cognac one yet, cause the color is amazing, but I'll have to eventually...

Overall, the "Guest Service" from SlideBelts is something one would rarely get nowadays, love it just as much as their innovative belts. Thanks again Staci!

Picture: Top- Cognac | Bottom- Mahogany. IMO, the cognac looks so good! Mahogany was a little too close to black.
review image
11 comment9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2014
I imagine most people write their review soon after they get it. I love the belt, but the "premium" leather is crap. It has painted on coating on the outside and it wears away over time where the belt sides through the buckle. The coating completely wore away there within 3 months. I got them to exchange it for a new one, and the one they provided to me was much thinner than the original, but still looked nice. However, that one has again worn away after 4 months or so.

This leather has a cheap coating on the outside, and I'd stick with the cheaper belts or find an alternative.
22 comments18 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2014
Love my slidebelts. Don't wear anything else these days. They have a nice assortment of buckles and leathers and I own several of each!
on April 3, 2014
I was on the fence about buying this belt for a long time. After I received it, I cut the belt to small. Customer service immediately shipped a replacement leather to me. I've had the belt for a few days and I can honestly say this is the best belt I have used. My only suggestion to anyone is cut it a little bit bigger.
44 comments7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2015
After comparing the various sliding-type belts on the market, it appeared to me that Slidebelts had a superior product, both in design and quality. I'm convinced that I made the right choice; the full grain belt was head and shoulders above the other products from other similar belt makers out there, which are predominantly split grain leathers. Slidebelts also makes a split grain and a top grain belt, but I decided to go with the highest quality that they sold. After seeing this belt and its construction, though, I am confident that the lesser-priced belts that Slidebelts sells are most likely of great quality as well.

I've been wearing the belt for some time now, mostly for work, and it performs like a champ. The buckle is flawless, and operates with ease. The belt/leather looks fabulous and has suffered no wear at all. It's obvious that it is high quality leather and has a high quality finish. No scratching, no rubbing, no discolorations. Simply flawless, and apparently made to stay that way. The buckle design/operation does not rub the leather at all. It's so easy to operate. There's no doubt that I'll be looking to purchase additional Slidebelts in different styles and colors in the near future. They're classic in styling, and obviously built to last a long, long time. I'm very happy with my purchase, and I highly recommend.
on April 20, 2015
Classy! Easy to cut to proper size with heavy duty scissors. Looks like gaining weight will not be much of an option tho, as any slack will have to protrude through the buckle in front as far as I can tell. To explain, this is unlike my old army belt buckle, where we could leave a couple of inches on the underside and adjust as necessary while keeping the front side "passthru" to a consistent length To be clear, this is the same as every other belt I own, which are, of course, non-adjustable. Good price for a high quality belt and buckle which can be worn anywhere.
on October 16, 2015
Flimsy soft belt - certainly not $85 worth of belt - Way to expensive - Works just as they say it should. However, the full grain leather is a definite waste of money. The leather is soft enough that it can be stretched by hand, and isn't heavier than a normal belt. This leads me to wonder how strong the regular belt is and why they still charge $85 for the full grain version. They clearly have a gimmick here and people are paying for it and being taken advantage of, the extra $40 you pay for "full grain" leather is a joke.