Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SlideBelts Men's Winged Gunmetal Leather Ratchet Belt - Custom Fit
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on August 26, 2015
Within the first few weeks of owning a Slidebelt, the 'leather' was very warped. Also, the clasp mechanism's pain already chipped off making it look very bad. The people at Slidebelt were nice enough to replace just the mechanism, but within a month again, the paint has chipped off. To top it all off, the warping of this seemingly fake leather belt got much worse, and now has become discolored in some areas forming angled lines of tan. The belt looks ugly as sin now, and I can no longer wear it with my work clothes. I don't even like wearing it with my shorts, because it makes me look grungy. It's like the black was painted on. I've never had a belt discolor like this before.
review image review image review image review image
on June 28, 2015
I've bought two of these for myself and gifted two. I like them; however, they just last about one year which is outside the warranty period of 180 days. Both of mine broke at one year to the month and both broke in the same place... the main buckle hinge... on end of the pin just breaks off.

These are too expensive to become unusable in one year... I have two so it's not like I wore one all year. Crazy.

To have both buckles break at exactly one year in the very same place, seems like there is a design issue. Too bad, because I really liked them.

UPDATE: 6/6/2016 - The replacement lasted one year and broke into three pieces when I tried to unbuckle my pants in a restroom. Too bad.
review image
on September 14, 2014
I bought two of these belts, one black and one brown, during the lightning sale last week. The packaging is nicely designed and the buckles on these belts seem fairly sturdy, but the actually "leather" belt leaves a lot to be desired. The black leather belt was extremely low quality, while the brown was low to medium in quality. I have found better quality belts coming out of china for 5 dollars. I will be returning both, as I was really hoping for a better quality leather belt for the amount of money these cost.
88 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2014
Very conveniently marked for shortening (lost some weight recently). I can see how this belt's leather might last awhile, because of reduced tension around holes. However, the gunmetal buckle is already beginning to show some flaking to the finish around the upper edges after 4 months of use. It isn't noticeable to a casual observer though.

Overall, a unique and thoroughly effective product.
on January 29, 2016
This is a good concept, marginally executed. When the belts failed, their customer service dried up and went away, accounting for the low score. Had customer service been responsive I would have been inclined to give this perhaps 4 stars.

After one year of fairly regular use, the buckle failed. Pins fell out and the belt fell apart. After describing the problem in an email to customer service, I waited a few weeks for a response. After a second email they sent back a sorry-we're-very-busy-but-we-will-make-it-right standard reply. They asked for details of the order, which I sent the next day.

In addition, the stitching failed and the leather is separating.

That was 4 weeks ago, and despite several inquiries I am still waiting for customer service to get back to me. No customer service means I won't buy this product again. Time to look elsewhere for a replacement.
review image review image
on July 18, 2014
I bought two black and a brown one to wear with dress and casual pants. Finally a belt that you can find a setting that fits. No more that hole is too loose and the next one is too tight. I hope they come out with a wider version for jeans.
on April 22, 2015
This belt kicks it up a notch! Had it for about week now, and i can say with certainty that i do not know how i have lived without it for this long. I purchased it to replace a tired old leather belt that is was always to loose or to tight... all the holes are stretched and i was getting to close to the tightest notch thanks to some recent weight loss.

I purchased the distressed leather belt as i was concerned about leather quality from other reviews, unfortunately the leather does not seem that tough so i am glad i purchased the distressed look as it will show the wear better than the other smooth leather options.

The design and function of the buckle is very slick it ratchets very smoothly, to tighten the belt in 1/4" increments simply pull the belt through the buckle and to loosen the belt you gently lift up on the buckle to disengage the ratchet. Though it sounds very complex its a simple design i doubt anything will go wrong with the buckle. (maybe the finish will wear over time... who cares)

A nice feature of the belt is that the buckle is removable so if you need to take a few inches off you can take the buckle off cut the belt and put the buckle back on, additionally if the leather belt wears out or if you want a few different colors you can easily swap the buckle with nothing more than a butter knife.

My only slight gripe is that the belt is already a narrower belt, and the belt buckle its self could probably accommodate a belt that is 1-1/4" wide but the belt is 1-3/16 wide that said i would have preferred a 1-1/2 - 2" width and will continue to look for a similar belt in that width (with no urgency) but i plan to use this belt until l can find a wider one even then its still a nice solid belt.

It would be five stars easy if it was a wider belt, admittedly in the description it probably says the width and i am sure its correct. In conclusion i am glad i bought it. (I will update the review if that changes over time)
on May 7, 2015
I really, really like this belt. The gunmetal buckle looks really sharp with the black leather. The ratchet design is nice and doesn't make a lot of noise when it's empty, unlike other designs like military belts where the locking mechanism will clang around without a belt to hold it in place. The ratchet system is very loud if you pull the belt through the buckle normally, but you can tighten your belt silently if you hold the buckle lever while you adjust it (basically pull the buckle like you were trying to loosen the belt, then pull the belt through the buckle).

I liked this belt so much I got a second one, brown mocha leather with a silver buckle so I could switch the buckles on to either belt.

Note: The buckle does not come attached. This is because the belt comes in a size 48 with markings on the back for where you need to cut to reduce the size. If you don't know your belt size, it is probably your pants' waist size + 2 (i.e. if your pants have a 34 waist, cut at the 36 on the back of the belt, the belt has markers for odd numbers, as well). I used a standard pair of 8-inch multipurpose scissors to cut through the leather, it took a little work, but it got the job done. I would not recommend using a small pair of scissors.

SlideBelt's policy is that they will send you a new belt (not including buckle) if you mess up and cut too short. I haven't had to make use of that policy personally, but it's nice that they have that offer.
on January 2, 2016
I was initially happy with the quality of this belt, though the belt strap is a bit narrower than I would like. However, I noticed when I was cutting it to length that the buckle didn't stay securely on the strap. I own two Mission brand slide belts and the catch the secures the strap in place on the Mission belts locks firmly in place. On this SlideBel it just doesn't. Sure enough, when I wore this belt to the Rose Bowl, the buckle popped right off and into the toilet at the stadium. I won't be buying another of these, though the belt release is an easier to use design than the Mission belts.
on March 17, 2015
I purchase my first slide belt several months ago, mostly because it was the only belt I knew of that came in the same shade of gray as my shoes. Months later, I loved the belt so much, I decided to replace my staples: my black and brown belts, with slide belts. Other than looking quite stylish (the mocha leather is a very nice shade and the gunmetal looks awesome) the belt mechanism itself holds strong and allows for precise sizing that's completely impossible with a regular belt. All in all, there really is no reason to buy any other type of belt.

In addition, don't be fooled by imitators, I purchased an off-brand slidebelt (sorry guys), and it felt much cheaper, holds weaker, and is about 5 times heavier. My only suggestions for this otherwise perfect product are as follows:

1) Perhaps utilize an optional second loop (which can be accomplished with a snap button) to even out any extra belt length.
2) Offer a wider belt to wear with jeans. The belts in this series are "formal width" and having a wider belt for more casual affairs would be perfect.