Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on November 20, 2012
Adapter works great on the new Nexus 4.

It does not fit with the stock Google bumper however. Also new HDMI RedMere cables do not work with it.

I'm not sure what the issue is, software, or the slimport, but on the Nexus 4 when you navigate to a new screen the hdmi display flickers black, then back on. It's fine when you're actually watching something but it can get kind of annoying.

Update: I took sandpaper to the edges of the slimport adapter and it fits with the stock bumper on no problems. Just a tip if you want to go that route.
1111 comments|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2013
Pros: Display mirroring works great; doesn't require charger to work

Cons: It charges a lot slower than when you are plugged directly into the wall. This means that, while being plugged in will extend the amount of time you can use it, you will eventually run out of battery. If you start with a low battery, you will not be able to make it through a movie, even with it charging.
44 comments|33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 1, 2013
I purchased 2 of these and one was defective. The other one worked just great. Plugged into the new Nexus 7 and it popped a mirror of the screen on my TV. Returning the defective item.
on December 3, 2012
The adapter works on the Nexus 4. It scales the 1280x768 screen to 1920x1080p @ 60Hz landscape and possibly HDCP protection and digital audio. You don't need power to use it. It will take USB 500 milliamps to 2amp chargers.
99 comments|23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2013
This SlimPort SP1002 adapter works with the new Nexus 7 (2013). It is as simple as plugging the device in.
on May 16, 2013
I was able to snag one for 29.99 but that's still pretty ridiculous for what it does. This company needs to get it's supply issues figured out.

The connector does what it's supposed to do. I wish there was a way to turn off the phone display when playing a movie.

It pairs well with the newer slim HDMI cords. I picked one up from Monoprice but I'm sure amazon has them.

I can't wait to use it when I travel next or when my family visits. It will be a lifesaver I'm sure.

****UPDATE: This worked for a very short time with a slim monoprice redmare hdmi cable but then it stopped working altogether and my nexus 4 would randomly reboot (I'm running stock, fyi). I went back to an older thick style hdmi cable and it worked just fine. I'm pretty bummed because that cable matched so perfectly to this adaptor.

A quick search online revealed this to be a common problem. I theorize the adaptors do work but they struggle with the newest of HMDI standards/cables. That being said, I had to go out of my way to find a slim hdmi cable, most I would encounter in a hotel room or family function would be the older style cables. I hope this helps. I would have to rate this 2 stars now due to the compatibility issues with different cables.
on March 29, 2013
I am on my third slimport adapter. The previous two have both failed within a month of using them.

I am using it as an adapter for my Pioneer AppRadio2 car head unit. The adapter sits in my center console and is connected when I drive my car. So I'd guess maybe 10 times a week is it connected and then disconnected. Because of a short drive to work, it gets used maybe 30 minutes a day. The last one I had lasted thorough 4 weeks of use. No idea what could be causing my apparent rapid failure with these devices. Company offers no direct consumer support, so it's swap-n-pray with any issues you have.

There is only one other slimport adapter available on Amazon and i'll be trying that one if this fails again.

UPDATE 11/6 - I finally got a good one. It's been almost 8 months since my last failure. Moved the review to a 3 star.

UPDATE 2/26/14 - It started acting up again a few months ago. If I unplugged/replugged it enough times, it would start working. Today it just won't stay working. Screen goes from fine to flickering, back and forth.
on June 15, 2013
All you have to do is plug it into your Nexus 4 and than to the HDMI on the back of your TV and whatver is on your phone turns up on the TV screen. Picture resolution really shines in movies as well. You can also plug your charger into the second port at the same time while viewing all of your content from your phone to TV.
on September 28, 2013
I am editing my initial review...I purchased my slimport adapter in July 2013 for 29$ from amazon via demandport vendor...at 29$ it was a good proposition, but at current 100$ plus, this is not a recommendable proposition. Other vendors and options below 30$ are available. I just ordered a star-tech slmprt2hd for backup unit. As soon as I receive it I will make a review......

Original post:

I purchased this SlimPort adapter from Amazon to be used on my new Nexus 7 2nd gen. As soon as I got new Nexus at home, I first tested it and works beautifully projecting (mirroring) my Nexus 7 screen on my 58" TV.

For the Nexus 7 1st gen fans, they knew that one of the major shortcomings of the first gen tablet was the lack of any video out methods (easy, that is), as first gen did not offer MHL, slimport or anything else.

Conclusion: If you own a New Nexus 7 (2nd gen), this adapter is a must...

Before other users ask...: Chromecast is fantastic (I have it too), but it projects youtube, Netflix or other similar apps onto your tv, but it does not mirror your screen, so if you want to mirror, get this SlimPort adapter.
on January 10, 2013
I love this gadget. I use it to hook up my nexus 4 to a bigscreen tv and then since it's rooted, i use it in combination with a ps3 controller to play playstation 1 games and n64 games 10 feet back wirelessly. It has another microusb port avaliable to charge your device while in use. I am not sure if you can turn off the screen on your phone while using it, however I have not really played around with it. Looks awesome and is very small, but sturdy.