5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with New Nexus 7 (2013 model)
I purchased 2 of these and one was defective. The other one worked just great. Plugged into the new Nexus 7 and it popped a mirror of the screen on my TV. Returning the defective item.
Published 16 months ago by Jason Prahl

3.0 out of 5 stars SlimPort caveats
Adapter works great on the new Nexus 4.

It does not fit with the stock Google bumper however. Also new HDMI RedMere cables do not work with it.

Published on November 20, 2012 by poxin

3.0 out of 5 stars SlimPort caveats, November 20, 2012
This review is from: SlimPort® SP1002; Connect mobile devices to any big screen. High Speed micro USB (male) to HDMI (female) connector cable (4.26cm x 2.21cm x 0.99cm)-Supports Full HD and 3D at 1080p @60Hz, 24bpp (Electronics)
Adapter works great on the new Nexus 4.

I'm not sure what the issue is, software, or the slimport, but on the Nexus 4 when you navigate to a new screen the hdmi display flickers black, then back on. It's fine when you're actually watching something but it can get kind of annoying.

Update: I took sandpaper to the edges of the slimport adapter and it fits with the stock bumper on no problems. Just a tip if you want to go that route.

3.0 out of 5 stars Display works great, but charging can't keep up, January 4, 2013
Pros: Display mirroring works great; doesn't require charger to work

Cons: It charges a lot slower than when you are plugged directly into the wall. This means that, while being plugged in will extend the amount of time you can use it, you will eventually run out of battery. If you start with a low battery, you will not be able to make it through a movie, even with it charging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with New Nexus 7 (2013 model), August 1, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent., December 3, 2012
Giovanni Glass (Alexandria, VA USA) - See all my reviews
The adapter works on the Nexus 4. It scales the 1280x768 screen to 1920x1080p @ 60Hz landscape and possibly HDCP protection and digital audio. You don't need power to use it. It will take USB 500 milliamps to 2amp chargers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nexus 7 (2013), August 9, 2013
This SlimPort SP1002 adapter works with the new Nexus 7 (2013). It is as simple as plugging the device in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, Good Buy, February 14, 2013
This is a good product, works without any issues.
Nice build quality.
Slim port works well with the nexus4.
Quick to connect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, June 15, 2013
All you have to do is plug it into your Nexus 4 and than to the HDMI on the back of your TV and whatver is on your phone turns up on the TV screen. Picture resolution really shines in movies as well. You can also plug your charger into the second port at the same time while viewing all of your content from your phone to TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Analogix Slimport Adapter - Nexus 7 (2013), August 20, 2013
I purchased the Analogix Slimport adapter for my Nexus 7 (2013). I plugged the micro USB connector from the adapter into the Nexus 7 and connected the HDMI output from the adapter to a Sony Bravia TV. I played a few YouTube HD videos on the Nexus 7 as a test. The adapter worked without issue. The image on the TV was pure HD. The picture was very stable, with no jerkyness to the motion. It simply plugs in and works. I've only had the adapter for one day so I cannot attest to it's durability but it seems to be a solidly built adapter. It has a charging port built into the adapter. I will be interested to see if my wall charger will satisfy the power drain while using the Nexus 7 as a video source. So far, the Slimport adapter has exceeded my expectations.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive but it's a quality product., May 16, 2013
Dodge M. (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I was able to snag one for 29.99 but that's still pretty ridiculous for what it does. This company needs to get it's supply issues figured out.

The connector does what it's supposed to do. I wish there was a way to turn off the phone display when playing a movie.

It pairs well with the newer slim HDMI cords. I picked one up from Monoprice but I'm sure amazon has them.

I can't wait to use it when I travel next or when my family visits. It will be a lifesaver I'm sure.

****UPDATE: This worked for a very short time with a slim monoprice redmare hdmi cable but then it stopped working altogether and my nexus 4 would randomly reboot (I'm running stock, fyi). I went back to an older thick style hdmi cable and it worked just fine. I'm pretty bummed because that cable matched so perfectly to this adaptor.

A quick search online revealed this to be a common problem. I theorize the adaptors do work but they struggle with the newest of HMDI standards/cables. That being said, I had to go out of my way to find a slim hdmi cable, most I would encounter in a hotel room or family function would be the older style cables. I hope this helps. I would have to rate this 2 stars now due to the compatibility issues with different cables.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works for a while, then fails., March 29, 2013
I am on my third slimport adapter. The previous two have both failed within a month of using them.

I am using it as an adapter for my Pioneer AppRadio2 car head unit. The adapter sits in my center console and is connected when I drive my car. So I'd guess maybe 10 times a week is it connected and then disconnected. Because of a short drive to work, it gets used maybe 30 minutes a day. The last one I had lasted thorough 4 weeks of use. No idea what could be causing my apparent rapid failure with these devices. Company offers no direct consumer support, so it's swap-n-pray with any issues you have.

There is only one other slimport adapter available on Amazon and i'll be trying that one if this fails again.

UPDATE 11/6 - I finally got a good one. It's been almost 8 months since my last failure. Moved the review to a 3 star.

UPDATE 2/26/14 - It started acting up again a few months ago. If I unplugged/replugged it enough times, it would start working. Today it just won't stay working. Screen goes from fine to flickering, back and forth.