|Item Weight||1.9 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||2.8 x 8.5 x 6.5 inches|
|Item model number||40022|
|Manufacturer Part Number||40022|
|OEM Part Number||40022|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Slime 40022 12-Volt Digital Tire Inflator
|Price:||$27.97 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$7.02 (20%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Inflates a standard mid-sized car tire in 6 minutes,
- Uses Inflate Right technology to automatically shut off when desired pressure is reached.
- Bright and long-lasting LED light for easy night use.
- Plugs directly into car cigarette lighter, 15 Amp fuse required.
- Powerful and compact, with rubberized feet for stability.
- Slime's 12-Volt Digital Tire Inflator uses Inflate Right technonology to automatically shut off when the proper tire pressure is reached. Simply set the desired pressure level and press the ""on"" button. When the set pressure is reached, the inflator automatically shuts off. This inflator is designed to inflate a standard car tire, with a maximum pressure of 35 PSI.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
o Low Cost
o Screw on Valve Attachment. My rims don't leave enough room for the larger sleeve that surrounds the clip-on type hose attachments found on many pumps.
o Automatic Shutoff. I've got better things to do that watch a needle move.
+ Inexpensive. Disregarding a few slightly less expensive generic no-name products with poor reviews, the products I found that had the features I wanted were often two times the price or more.
+ Screw on Valve Attachment. This takes less room and so will be compatible with a greater variety of tire rims.
+ Digital Pressure Gauge. An LCD display shows the current pressure in PSI of your tire. It seems sufficiently accurate, reading always within 2 PSI of a fairly decent quality manual gauge that I have.
+ Automatic Shutoff. Set the desired tire pressure, activate the device and it will shut off when that target is hit so that you don't have to baby the device while it huffs and puffs your tires up.
- Loud. I use this in my closed garage. It seems as loud as when I use my power miter saw to cut 2x4 lumber. It seems that this is simply a light device with a basic light plastic case so it vibrates and wiggles and dances on the floor as it does its job. But the job gets done.
- Not fast. But fast enough for most. Expect to spend 2-4 minutes per tire depending on how fast your are connecting and disconnecting and how low your tires are. I spend about a minute per tire at the gas station pump.
!Read more ›
1. Auto-stop works - It stops exactly at the pre-set pressure
2. Gauge accurate - The digital gauge is within 0.5 psi of a handheld gauge.
3. It is NOT loud - Many of the reviews claim this unit is loud. Well loud is a relative term. Compared to what is it loud? It is actually about 80% as loud as my other units of various brands so overall, it's quite quiet. ALL portable tire inflators that I've heard are loud. The Slime is actually quieter than the average 12v unit.
4. Has a lighted display - I was very surprised when I plugged it up that a bright green light lit up the display. NONE of my other tire inflators are backlit. If you are not in bright light, then you must shine a flashlight or cell phone light on the display to see it in dark or dim light. You can easily read the Slime in total darkness. This is a super plus if you ever had a flat at night.
5. The screw-on was not as bad as I thought. All of my other units have the quick connect flip-type tire valve connectors. They are very quick to connect and disconnect and I thought the screw-on would be much slower and a big disadvantage. I could almost connect and disconnect the Slime as quickly and easily as the flip-type. Some of the other reviews stated that the flip-type won't work on some smaller clearance valve stems. I am perfectly happy with these screw valve connectors.
6. Big cord compartment - With some of the other inflators it is almost impossible to get the 12v cord and air hose back into the storage compartment. With the Slime it is fairly easy.
7.Read more ›
UPDATE: Mine broke after less than 4 months of sporadic use. Pump won't turn on. Changing rating to 1 star.
UPDATE 2: Contacted slime, sent a replacement to my house for no charge! Thanks! New one works great!!!
UPDATE 3: The replacement pump is working great (Sept 2015)
I double-checked the reading using another digital tire gauge I have, and it was .5 PSI less -- this could have easily been due to air loss when removing the hose or inserting the gauge (or the gauge could be wrong). Either way, close enough.
The unit's housing allows you to store the hose and power cord inside, which is quite convenient. So far, I'm very happy with this -- it's nice to see an innovation in the lower end of the market for these products, as simple as it might be!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Item does not work. Would consider returning it but I only used it a few weeks ago and purchased it a year ago.Published 10 hours ago by Empty
I bought this product thinking it would be a good solution because it claimed to shut of a preset pressure. Read morePublished 19 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Must have received a faulty product. I purchased it to keep in the car and didn't get to use it until the 30-day return period had expired. Read morePublished 20 hours ago by Frank
Good price for occasional-use,compact compressor. Designed with preset pressue level and auto-cutout when pressure is reached. Read morePublished 21 hours ago by donfitz
I bought this a few weeks back and just did not need to use it until yesterday. I read reviews that stated it would overheat or the gauge was "way" off and other problems. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Douglas Duckett
works great!!! just plug and play. also has a digital psi reader which is ideal. also it comes for attachment for basketball.Published 1 day ago by Regina Karalitskaya
Not very durable, started blowing my fuses after a half dozen uses. Not recommended, spend more money on a quality one and you won't be stranded with a flat tire.Published 1 day ago by dogdaze
Great little tire pump for the price. Topped off the car tires, but it didn't shut off when they reached the set pressure. Just held at the set pressure and continued to run. Read morePublished 3 days ago by MaryVO