5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I had this
I bought Slime Spair for my car's emergency kit. I used it yesterday for a nail in my Honda Odyssey tire and it held up overnight until I could get to the tire shop. It's very easy to use. I just connect the hose and press a button and it inflated my tire. I put some more air into the tire with my portable air compressor and didn't have any problems.

The...
Published on July 17, 2010 by Noname

1.0 out of 5 stars Contrary to advertising, ruins tire sensors.
Just thought I'd jot a quick review...

4 pm yesterday, I put a can of this stuff in my tire. It was leaking at a fairly swift rate.

Published on April 13, 2011 by defective

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I had this, July 17, 2010
This review is from: Slime 60089 Quick Spair Tire Inflator - 16 oz. (Automotive)

The guy at the tire shop says this stuff ruins the rims when people drive around with it in their tires for months. Since I only had it in overnight and I don't do it often, it was okay. They were able to clean it out and fix my tire so it's good as new. I'd rather do Slime than change a tire, so I am back on Amazon to buy another can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, April 23, 2013
Scott (Technogeek) (Coastal Southern California) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I have a whole bunch of hobbies. One is off-roading in dune buggies, quads and motorcycles. Out in the middle of nowhere, flats are a super drag...

I have tried all the liquid patches, and this stuff works by far the best. One trip out on a quad I grazed a very sharp rock, and it sliced a 2 inch long cut in the sidewall. I thought I was screwed, but I tried the Slime anyway. To my surprise, the tire held pressure for the 10 mile ride back to camp! Of course the tire was toast, but Slime got me back home.

Another great use is rim sealing on big tires. I have 24" rims on my truck, and over time was having problems with the tubeless tires leaking air around the aluminum rims. I tried the fix a flat from the convenience store, and it worked only for about 10 miles, then started leaking again. Had to take it into the tire shop, where they remove the tire from the rim and applied a tar like sealant to the rim. Took 1 & 1/2 hours and $45 from my life...

When my next tire started the same problem, I tried 1/3 a can of Slime. Problem solved, no leaks in 20,000+ miles. Even worked on the small tires on my commercial hand truck that needed air ever time I used it, and on the bicycles.

Slime comes in two application types. One is just slime in a bottle so you can inject it into a tire before there is a leak. It just stays in there waiting for an air leak to plug up. The other application type is their "Quick Spare", which includes Slime and compressed air in a can to seal AND inflate a flat or low tire when your out and about.

One of the things that worried me was if the Slime would damage my tire pressure sensors. No problems so far after 60,000 plus miles and 2 sets of tires.

Over time I have put a can of Quick Spare in all my vehicles. It has saved me (and my friends I have had to rescue) a lot of time and money...

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Spair ends flat tire worry's, July 4, 2010
I purchased the Slime brand because it will not ruin the tire pressure monetor sensors and washes out of the tire using plain old water. I bought a 16 ounce as well as a 20 ounce can to carry in my car at all times. I like the aerasol because it will blow up the tire enough to get you going. I once had to use Fix-A-Flat sealer and it turned into a very hard blob of plastic type crap that could not be removed from my tire at all. Places that sell gas do not ever have a working air hose. It is just a good product to have and hope you never need to use it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Contrary to advertising, ruins tire sensors., April 13, 2011
Just thought I'd jot a quick review...

At noon today, I brought my car into the shop. Holy cow! Sensor completely full of solid stuff. 20 hours in the tire is too long--I will now be paying for the installation of a new tpm sensor. Don't believe it, folks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Works great... Until it completely stops working at all!, February 21, 2014
I got a small construction staple stuck in my tire. Right on the tread, a few very small holes. Exactly what this product is designed for. I followed the directions to a 'T', the Slime "clotted" in the hole and stopped the leak, and then I drove a few miles slowly to get the stuff well distributed in the tire. I measured the pressure over a few hours and it held. The next day, however, I drove to work and when I came back to my car that evening, the tire was flat. Lost pressure faster than when I had the staple in! It's been extremely cold here (Boston in February) and we've got a lot of snow, so my guess is that this stuff doesn't work too well in those conditions.

I know a lot of people seem to have good luck with this, but I figured it would be useful to temper things a bit with the perspective of somebody for whom this product didn't work at all. Most importantly, watch out when using this in very cold weather.

One more thing: if you look at the reviews you'll see that's it's pretty much either 5 stars (worked for people) or 1 star (didn't at all) with not much in between. It appears to work for about 3 out of 4 people, resulting in a pretty high average review (hence the four star overall rating). And that's assuming the Slime people are uncommonly honest and don't post false positive reviews.

Put another way, THERE IS AT LEAST a 25% CHANCE THIS PRODUCT WILL BE A DISASTER FOR YOU! A 25% chance this will cause you far more trouble than if you'd just had the tire patched or used a more conventional tire sealnt, and that will make you deeply regret buying this. I'd actually say that for a product like this a 25% chance of failure is WAY too high. So, consider the 4/5 star review in that context. 4/5 might be a good rating for a TV, but for a product that is fixing something as important to your safety as a car tire, having a 3:1 ratio of five to one star reviews actually isn't that great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for night time flats, March 17, 2011
I had to use this in my tires tonight when I got off work and it got me home safely. One can may get you around the corner to a gas station, but if you have a ways to drive I recommend having two cans on hand (or a portable compressor). I did notice a vibration when going over 50mph, so it does throw off the balance until you can get the tire repaired.

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel necessity, January 5, 2013
Was looking for a gift for my kids so they wouldn't get stuck on the road with a flat. I have used Slime for years in my lawn equipment and it works great. With the inflation capability and being compatible with pressure sensors, it was easily my first choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a good insurance policy, November 30, 2012
My 335i doesn't have a compartment for a spare tire. I replaced my run flats with normal inflated tires. I keep this in my trunk in case of emergency and AAA isn't available. I've used them before, it's easy and safe. Only thing is once you've used it the tire is ruined, so make sure it's an irrepairable puncture.

5.0 out of 5 stars bought 2 for every car..., July 1, 2010
fix-a-flat generics are NOT a dime a dozen, as everyone claims - your local auto store or gas station make a fortune selling these to you when you need them at $9 / can or better. Buy them NOW for less, put 'em in your cars, and forget about 'em. You'll remember this review if that time ever comes...

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked when I needed it., May 2, 2012
I came back from a vacation to find my tire flat in the parking lot. I was able to use one can of fix a flat to completely inflate my flat tire. I was very impressed with how quickly and fully this one can filled my completely flat tire. My tire must have had a small leak and ran out of air for the week I was gone. I was then able to drive over 100 miles on my flat tire to get back home before changing my tire. In my opinion everyone should have a can of this in their car. It will save you a lot of time and money if you get a whole in your tire.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Slime 60089 Quick Spair Tire Inflator - 16 oz.
$31.66 $9.54