5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job. Inexpensive.
Published on January 13, 2009 by D. Hentze

inclined...
Published on April 18, 2012 by tc

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job. Inexpensive., January 13, 2009
This review is from: Slime COMP02 12-Volt Tire Inflator (Sports)
For an $18 air compressor, I'm surprised how well it actually works. It's a little on the slow side filling up an automobile tire, but I'm not complaining. I was also surprised how small it is. Which I find a good thing. It's looks much bigger in the picture. It also only weighs about 2 lbs. The built-in gauge is accurate within 2 PSI. Something that shocked me. I'm very happy with the Slime. It does exactly what I want it to do, and it's cheap.

2.0 out of 5 stars Rather noisy, April 18, 2012
For those who want to know, the electrical specifications for this
device are 15 amp draw from a 12 volt source; it appears that Amazon
is incapable of providing this information. Amazon sells this device
together with a "Universal AC to DC Car Cigarette Lighter Socket
Adapter (US Plug)" as a "Frequently Bought Together" set; one might be
inclined to believe that these two devices would work together but
if one checks the actual specifications for the adapter, one finds
that the adapter is only capable of delivering 300 milliAmps, that is,
about 2% of the power the inflator needs. If you actually try this
combination, the adapter appears to protect itself by delivering nothing.
Simply put, the adapter is useless for powering the inflator.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with product., October 10, 2007
Karen (Phoenix, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slime COMP02 12-Volt Tire Inflator (Sports)
I've used this product twice since I got it. My work takes me through construction areas often and picking up nails is an occupational hazard. It got me to the tire repair store, filled quickly, was easy to use. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy for the price!, March 19, 2010
This review is from: Slime COMP02 12-Volt Tire Inflator (Sports)
I use this for airing up bicycle tires. It is an excellent purchase for the price. i have had no problems with it for the year that I have owned it.

My truck has a cigarette lighter plug in the back so i just keep it back there with my jack. When i need to air up my bike, i just screw on an adapter and i'm ready to go in just a few minutes.

It does get hot, and it is very loud, but it is still worth the money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worrks well considering price point, February 28, 2011
Lotus-Seven (The mountains of Illinois) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slime COMP02 12-Volt Tire Inflator (Sports)
I purchased this compressor, and an "on-rim" tire plug repair kit to use as an emergency repair system for a new vehicle which has run-flat tires and no spare.

It is rated to inflate a small tire (195/R15)to 35 psi in 8 minutes. If your tire has a slow leak and is not flat, obviously it will take less time.

The Slime COMP-02 is small and lightweight: 32.4 oz including power cable and inflation hose. It is rated for a limited duty cycle of 8 minutes on and 15 minutes off, so it is not ideal for inflating large tires, or more than one tire at a time. Connected to a steel air storage tank, my unit reached an indicated pressure just over 100 psi while being powered by a normal 12v. lighter outlet (engine off).

As others have noted, it's pretty noisy, gets too hot to hold, and vibrates a lot, but it will inflate your tires in an emergency.

Incidentally, the unit I received was damaged which was probably due to it being dropped (the shipping box was not damaged at all). When I received it, there were loose parts rattling around inside and the metal compressor itself was loose within the case. When I opened it up, I saw two broken mounting sockets for the rubber mounted compressor motor. These were repaired with some fast setting epoxy and the compressor was re-assembled and found to run fine.

Because of the way the heavy compressor motor is suspended internally, a hard drop will likely break the mounting "sockets" so I'd recommend being very careful not to drop this unit. If you do drop it and then hear parts rattling around internally, don't run the compressor until it's been repaired.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for my motorcycle, November 9, 2009
This review is from: Slime COMP02 12-Volt Tire Inflator (Sports)
It vibrates pretty good, but this isn't a problem for me as my garage is carpeted; besides I hold it to keep my eye on the gauge. I always have trouble with gas station air because the spokes on my motorcycle and the rear drum brake get in the way of the hose. The nozzle on the Slime is at a right angle, so I can easily clamp it to the tire nipple. The gauge on my Slime is accurate. Takes my motorcycle tire from 24psi to 30 in about 20 seconds. Very convenient to plug into my car outlet. Used it twice; so far, so good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little product for the money, January 6, 2009
L. Rizzo (Raleigh, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slime COMP02 12-Volt Tire Inflator (Sports)
I purchased this compressor several months ago because it is difficult finding gas stations that provide "free" air to their customers. This little workhorse provides peace-of-mind by just having it in your vehicle. Never fear getting a flat tire and then finding out that your spare is out of air. It works so well, I bought another for my second vehicle and gave one to my brother in-law for Christmas. Slime has improved the air gauge on my latest purchases too, albeit none of the gauges are calibrated correctly. They're only off by 2-4 pounds though, so nothing major there. If this product has any negatives it is that you must hold on to it while using it because it vibrates so much. Run it on the pavement and it will walk all over the place.

1.0 out of 5 stars I am a mechanic - Same one they sell at Walmart - Complete garbage - Fell apart after one use., December 26, 2011
This review is from: Slime COMP02 12-Volt Tire Inflator (Sports)
Like the title says this is the same one they sell at Walmart. Which does not make it a bad product...........the product makes it a bad product. It did inflate the tire in decent time (for as small as the compressor is). But.......

I purchased this to just leave in the car to use during an emergency. Today I had to use it:

The bad things about it is that the attachment that goes on the tire is hard to get off and on. Also, THE FIRST TIME I USED IT THE 12V CHARGER SIDE BROKE OFF INSIDE OF THE OUTLET AND STAYED IN THERE. I needed to turn the car off and get needle nose pliers to get it out. Complete garbage. Spend your money on a better one.

1.0 out of 5 stars It Worked Twice, So That's Something, January 23, 2012
This review is from: Slime COMP02 12-Volt Tire Inflator (Sports)
This thing was cheap, and you can tell. The needle stays at 70 PSI now, and the valve stopped working. This thing couldn't inflate a bike tire now; it just makes a lot of noise.

2.0 out of 5 stars Slime COMP02 12 Volt Tire Inflator, March 10, 2011
Fruehling (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slime COMP02 12-Volt Tire Inflator (Sports)
I bought this item after reading review stating that it can be used to inflate bicycle tires. Beware that it does not come with a wall charger--the only way to power it is to plug it into the power outlet of a car. Moreover, the power outlet of a car has to be 15 amps or higher for it to work. Unfortunately, my car's power outlet does not allow devices that use more than 10 amps.

Slime COMP02 12-Volt Tire Inflator