SLINGBOX 500 TURNS YOUR TABLET, PHONE OR LAPTOP INTO A TV.
Sling is the only way to take your living room TV experience with you wherever you go. Many companies say they can give you TV Anywhere, but make sure you read fine print – some don't work unless you are on WiFi, while others only have small number of channels when you leave your house. And most of them don't work if you travel internationally.
Only Sling gives you control of all of your channels and all your shows, live or recorded on your DVR, plus On Demand, anywhere there is an Internet connection.
With a Slingbox 500 you can also enjoy your videos and photos on the big screen at home, wirelessly archive your personal media from your phone to a USB hard drive attached to the Slingbox 500, and access, browse and watch movies, videos and photos from your personal media library from anywhere with a PC or Mac, or with SlingPlayer for iPhone. Plus you have access to thousands of movies, as well as international sports and shows.
PRIMETIME IS SOCIAL TIME
Like you, we love being able to sit down and catch up on shows we've missed on Amazon Instant, Netflix or Hulu. But sometimes, shows demand to be watched live – and only Sling gives you all your live TV anywhere, anytime. Final episodes. Award ceremonies. Live reality shows. And if you don't watch it, you'll hear about it on the social networks. Stop worrying about people on Twitter and Facebook spoiling the ending or who won best comedy just because you weren't at home.
Be the one to spoil it for everyone else.
REQUIRED FOR THE SPORTS FAN
Getting live games when you're away from home can be a frustrating experience. Some services give you every game, except for your local team, which, for some reason, is blacked out. Others can show you the game you want on everything EXCEPT your mobile devices.
Keeping track of what you can watch on which device shouldn't be this complicated. With a Slingbox, you know you will be able to watch all of the games on all the channels you subscribe to, on your tablet, phone or laptop – without extra monthly fees.
PUT LIVE TV IN YOUR STREAMING MEDIA DEVICE
You know that having a Slingbox 500 will let you watch your TV anywhere, but did you know you can also watch it on a streaming device hooked up to your big screen TV? Be able to watch your cable or satellite subscription at your vacation home or in that TV in the bedroom or basement. All without extra monthly fees.
- Apple TV*
- WD TV Live Media Player
- Sony Internet Player with Google TV
- Netgear NeoTV
*Requires the purchase of SlingPlayer for iOS or Android devices
MAKE YOUR SECOND SCREEN YOUR FIRST
SlingPlayer for iPad* is now the best way to watch Live TV, anywhere. With a Slingbox 500 at home and the SlingPlayer app on your iPad, you can now easily discover what's on TV. In fact, it might be the best remote control you will ever use at home. You will also know everything about what you're watching, whether it's the name of the leading actress of the movie you're enjoying or how many yards your fantasy quarterback has thrown in the game so far. Real-time scores and stats are available at your fingertips. And with Facebook and Twitter integration you can be the first one to spoil the ending.
- 500 channels and everything's on – Throw away that remote and stop squinting at the on-screen channel grid. Easily discover what is on right now with the new Gallery interface with recommendations just for you.
- The complete sports experience – find which channel the game is on and stay up to date with real-time stats.
- Integration with Twitter and Facebook – Have something profound (or snarky) to share? Be able to do it without leaving SlingPlayer.
*SlingPlayer for iPad is available at an additional cost at the Apple App Store
Don't have an iPad? No problem! We support watching your TV on your phone and other tablets as well. With any SlingPlayer, you can enjoy live or recorded TV over 3G, 4G or WiFi. Flip through channels with the virtual remote control. Pause, fast-forward, rewind and even schedule DVR recordings. Never miss another show or game -- whether you're in the backyard, out to lunch or on the other side of the world.
- Watch your channel lineup, live.
- Navigate your program guide and DVR.
- Remotely control your programming in real time.
- Watch recorded shows on your DVR.
- Set up one-click shortcuts to your favorite channels.
- Take advantage of the high-resolution display on your tablet.
*SlingPlayer for mobile devices is available at an additional cost in the Apple App Store, Google Play, Amazon Appstore and Windows Store.
WHO NEEDS A SLINGBOX 500?
We'd like to think anyone in the world needs a Slingbox 500, but here are some examples of who our customers are and what they're doing with their lives.
- Sports fans and information junkies. Slingbox grants instant access to live sporting events without blackouts, and time-sensitive breaking national or local news.
- Frequent travelers or expats. Take your home TV with you anywhere with an Internet connection. No streaming service or app can do that.
- College students or snowbirds. No need to pay for another cable or satellite subscription where you are. Simply connect to your Slingbox 500 at home from your laptop or mobile device, or use an AppleTV or Roku streamer connected to a TV.
- Military personnel. Wherever they are deployed, they can stay connected to what's going on at home.
- Moms and Dads on the go. Wouldn't you rather be watching the game while waiting for piano lessons to be done?
- Anyone who wants to save a buck. No need for additional set-top boxes. Get TV in more places in and around the home, using gadgets you already own.
WHICH ONE'S RIGHT FOR ME?
|Slingbox M1 ||Slingbox 500 |
|Watch in up to Full HD at 1080p resolution|| || |
|Component/composite IN and pass-through (with shared RCA L/R audio)|| || |
|Integrated and external IR emitters|| || |
|Ethernet connection|| || |
|Remote viewing on multiple screens (phones*, tablets*, PC/Mac, connected devices*)|| || |
|No monthly fees|| || |
|Built-in WiFi (802.11n)|| || |
|HDMI IN and OUT|| |
|USB 2.0 port for a USB-connected storage device|| |
|Video OUT/TV interface (for on-screen TV setup, personal media viewing)|| |
|Use My Media capabilities to watch your movies, videos and photos on your TV, tablet, phone or laptop|| |
|Access to thousands of movies, as well as international sports and channels|| |
|Remote control (including batteries)|| |
|Enhanced SlingPlayer for iPad* with program gallery, social sharing, and sports stats|| |
|Eligible for free SlingTV upgrade**|| |
*Requires SlingPlayer app, available through Apple App Store, Google Play, Amazon Appstore, and Windows Store
** Slingbox 500 is eligible for a free upgrade to SlingTV via an automatic firmware update when available.
HOW DO I HOOK UP MY SLINGBOX?
- Connect the Slingbox 500 to your set-top box or DVR with the included cables.
- Connect the Slingbox 500 to your network router.
Follow the instructions on your TV to set up your Slingbox 500. Now you can watch your TV anywhere from your tablet*, phone* or laptop.
WHAT DEVICES CAN I CONNECT?
- Digital cable set-top box
- Satellite receiver
- DVD or Blu-ray Disc player/recorder
- Video security camera