|Brand Name||Sling Media|
|Item Weight||10.4 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||7 x 4.4 x 1.8 inches|
|Origin||Made in USA|
|Item model number||SB350-100|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.77 shipping
2-Year Home Theater Protection Planfrom Assurant Solutions
- Delivered by e-mail; register and file claims online or by phone
- We will fix the item, replace or pay up to the original purchase cost of the item. Zero deductible
- Fully transferable if you give as a gift
- Cancel anytime
- Some customers may purchase service plans and eligible products on Amazon. If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan.
Sling Media Slingbox 350 (Old Version)
|Price:||$78.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$101.00 (56%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Extend your living room TV experience in sparkling 1080p high definition.
- Connects to your digital video recorder (DVR), cable set-top box or satellite receiver via component or composite sources.
- Ethernet connectivity
- Compact design
- Watch and control your TV and all of its programming on your compatible smartphone or tablet using SlingPlayer software (sold separately).
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
SLINGBOX 350 TURNS YOUR TABLET, SMARTPHONE OR LAPTOP INTO A TV.
The Slingbox is the only way to take your living room TV experience with you wherever you go. Many companies say they can give you TV Anywhere, but make sure you read fine print – some don't work unless you are on Wi-Fi, while others only have small number of channels when you leave your house. And most of them don't work if you travel internationally.
Only Slingbox gives you control of all of your channels and all your shows, live or recorded on your DVR, plus On Demand, anywhere there is an Internet connection.
PRIMETIME IS SOCIAL TIME
Like you, we love being able to sit down and catch up on shows we've missed on Amazon Instant, Netflix or Hulu. But sometimes, shows demand to be watched live – and only Slingbox give you all your live TV anywhere, anytime. Final episodes. Award ceremonies. Live reality shows. And if you don't watch it, you'll hear about it on the social networks. Stop worrying about people on Twitter and Facebook spoiling the ending or who won best comedy just because you weren't at home.
Be the one to spoil it for everyone else.
REQUIRED FOR THE SPORTS FAN
Getting live games when you're away from home can be a frustrating experience. Some services give you every game, except for your local team, which, for some reason, is blacked out. Others can show you the game you want on everything EXCEPT your mobile devices.
Keeping track of what you can watch on which device shouldn't be this complicated. With a Slingbox, you know you will be able to watch all of the games on all the channels you subscribe to, on your tablet, smartphone or laptop – without extra monthly fees.
PUT LIVE TV IN YOUR STREAMING MEDIA DEVICE
You know that having a Slingbox will let you watch your TV anywhere, but did you know you can also watch it on a streaming device hooked up to your big screen TV? Be able to watch your cable or satellite subscription at your vacation home or in that TV in the bedroom or basement. All without extra monthly fees.
- Apple TV*
- WD TV Live Media Player
- Sony Internet Player with Google TV
- Netgear NeoTV
*Requires the purchase of SlingPlayer for iOS or Android devices
MAKE YOUR SECOND SCREEN YOUR FIRST
SlingPlayer for iPad is now the best way to watch Live TV, anywhere. With a Slingbox at home and the SlingPlayer app on your iPad, you can now easily discover what's on TV. In fact, it might be the best remote control you will ever use at home. You will know everything about what you're watching, whether it's the name of the leading actress of the movie you're enjoying or how many yards your fantasy quarterback has thrown in the game so far. Real-time scores and stats are available at your fingertips. And with Facebook and Twitter integration you can be the first one to spoil the ending.
- 500 channels and everything's on – Throw away that remote and stop squinting at the on-screen channel grid. Easily discover what is on right now with the new Gallery interface with recommendations just for you.
- The complete sports experience – find which channel the game is on and stay up to date with real-time stats.
- Integration with Twitter and Facebook – Have something profound (or snarky) to share? Be able to do it without leaving SlingPlayer.
Don't have an iPad? No problem! We support watching your TV on your smartphone and other tablets as well. With any SlingPlayer, you can enjoy live or recorded TV over 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi. Flip through channels with the virtual remote control. Pause, fast forward, rewind and even schedule DVR recordings. Never miss another show or game -- whether you're in the backyard, out to lunch or on the other side of the world.
- Watch your channel lineup, live.
- Navigate your program guide and DVR.
- Remotely control your programming in real time.
- Watch recorded shows on your DVR.
- Set up one-click shortcuts to your favorite channels.
- Take advantage of the high-resolution display on your tablet.
*SlingPlayer for mobile devices is available at an additional cost in the Apple iTunes App Store, Google Play, Windows Marketplace (Phone) and the Amazon.com appstore (Kindle Fire).
WHO NEEDS A SLINGBOX?
We'd like to think anyone in the world needs a Slingbox, but here are some examples of who our customers are and what they're doing with their lives.
- Sports fans and information junkies. Slingbox grants instant access to live sporting events without blackouts, and time-sensitive breaking national or local news.
- Frequent travelers or expats. Take your home TV with you anywhere with an Internet connection. No streaming service or app can do that.
- College students or snowbirds. No need to pay for another cable or satellite subscription where you are. Simply connect to your Slingbox at home from your laptop or mobile device, or use a Roku streamer connected to a TV.
- Military personnel. Wherever they are deployed, they can stay connected to what's going on at home.
- Moms and Dads on the go. Wouldn't you rather be watching the game while waiting for piano lessons to be done?
- Anyone who wants to save a buck. No need for additional set-top boxes. Get TV in more places in and around the home, using gadgets you already own.
WHICH ONE'S RIGHT FOR ME?
|Slingbox 350 ||Slingbox 500 |
|Watch in Full HD at 1080p resolution|
|Component/composite IN and pass-through (with shared RCA L/R audio)|
|Integrated and external IR emitters|
|Remote viewing on multiple screens (smartphones*, tablets*, PC/Mac, connected devices*)|
|No monthly fees|
|Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11n)|
|HDMI IN and OUT|
|USB 2.0 port for a USB-connected storage device|
|Video OUT/TV interface (for on-screen TV setup, personal media viewing)|
|Use My Media capabilities to watch your movies, videos and photos on your TV, tablet, smartphone or laptop|
|Blockbuster On Demand streaming movie rentals|
|Remote control (including batteries)|
*SlingPlayer® for iOS and Android devices sold separately and per device. SlingPlayer for connected Google TV devices is available through Google Spotlight. SlingPlayer for connected devices from NetGear and WD is already installed on the device.
HOW DO I HOOK UP MY SLINGBOX?
- Connect the Slingbox 350 to your set-top box or DVR with the included cables.
- Connect the Slingbox 350 to your network router.
- Set up your Slingbox at www.slingbox.com/getstarted.
Now you can watch your TV anywhere from your PC or Mac at www.slingbox.com. To watch on your smartphone or tablet, you must purchase and install SlingPlayer for your particular device.*
*Check with your mobile service provider if a data plan is required or if additional fees apply.
WHAT DEVICES CAN I CONNECT?
- Digital cable set-top box
- Satellite receiver
- DVD or Blu-ray Disc™ player/recorder
- Video security camera
Top Customer Reviews
"Not as great as I expected. I bought my first slingbox (the solo) about 10 years ago. It was such a great device then, and continues to be a great device today. I bought the 350 in order to step up to a higher quality picture. What I ended up with was a marginally improved picture, with an absolutely terrible web interface player. It's always been pretty bad, but now with the 350 I can no longer use the desktop software. It was so much better than the web based plugin, plus it seems as if I have to update the plugin every time I use it, which just takes forever. The Chrome plugin is buggy, and doesn't work well within a multi-monitor setup. When you make it full screen, you can't see your mouse cursor on the other monitor. I reported this bug months ago and Sling has yet to fix the issue. What also drives me nuts is that on the iPad player, when I'm at home, it absolutely never automatically selects the right quality. I always have to manually select it even though it's on auto mode. The player also seems to auto change the aspect of the video signal both on the web and iPad. If you compare the picture to what's on the actual TV, some pictures are perfect, and others you can tell are squished or stretched. Would I recommend this device? Yeah, especially at the price. It's just not as good as I expected."
A couple days later I got an email from Sling saying: "Your review has been moderated. It cannot be published to the web site, but... Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!Read more ›
So, I purchase this new slingbox (Yes, I was an idiot for making this purchase) and just like the 1st one, it works fine from my PC. So, now I need to go to the app store to purchase the ipad app (Another $15). After 1 week of failed attempts to get my ipad software to connect, I returned both the slingbox and the ipad app.
The slingbox was a great trend setting device 5 years ago that allowed you to watch TV remotely. But NOW, virtually every pay channel and most companies like comcast, cablevision, FIOS give you online access to their TV. To really make this product worthy of purchase, they need to stop looking to gouge customers by forcing them to purchase a costly app AFTER buying the device. Second, they need to make their app ROCK SOLID. Third, they need to incorporate recording capabilities for offline viewing. Slingmedia will be out of business in a few years if they don't start implementing some new capabilities. I see Slingmedia much in the same light as I saw Research In Motion (Blackberry) on the day that the Iphone was released.
Antenna inputs have been removed - only composite and component. (The 500 has HDMI as well but that's of questionable value given copy protection on HDMI. Not their fault but if you have to connect component anyway, what value does HDMI add?)
Also they stopped supporting the PC-based player - unfortunate; you have to use the web player which means you have to have access to their site to sling at all. 90% of our use is internal to our home network so a full-local option would be good.
In general what they have done is remove things to make it cheaper and simpler, but for an advanced user it is a big letdown.
1) I knew this going in but still, $14.95 for the app?? Come on. As much as the boxes cost, cut us some slack on the required apps - especially if you have both Android and Apple devices and need to purchase two apps. Whatever. I sucked it up and bought the app so I could sling to my Roku and watch on a big screen.
2) The Slingbox virtual remote doesn't always work which is kind of a big deal. We have AT&T U-verse and when I try to connect Slingbox I frequently get the blue U-verse "press OK to watch TV" screen. Sometimes I can press OK on the Slingbox virtual remote and it works, other times I have to hope someone is home to physically press OK on the AT&T remote which clearly makes Slingbox worthless to me if no one *is* home to help (like this weekend when I was trying to watch March Madness basketball!!)
3) Finally, if all the stars are aligned and the Slingbox actually connects, when I try slinging to Roku the program lags and skips so much that it's impossible to watch anything. (Mind you I have no streaming/lagging issues with Netflix/Hulu, etc. on Roku.) Slingbox streams smooth on my phone or laptop but I didn't buy Slingbox to watch on a tiny screen. I bought it to sling to Roku so I could watch on my nice big television screen.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
All the recommended setup procedures, (system/browsers) did not work. Finally just tried an old version of Firefox I had on Vista and the plug-in (addon) loaded. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
Go for it. Not easy to find your decoder on the list. But theres some forum where you will find it.Published 5 days ago by JUAN MANUEL SOLE
This product is wonderful! Never miss your favorite program again when you are out of town.Published 8 days ago by A. JOHNSON
In addition to being able to see your channels on a remote tablet or phone, the Slingbox works great to watch TV in another room using wifi and Chromecast. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Judith L. Myers