Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Slinging NBA, MLB and NFL packages Will I be able to sling sports packages from a Direct TV site to my computer and/or Comcast setup? What will I need and how should I set it up? Thx.
asked by S. Sullivan on November 7, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
Yes it will. All it does is use software to take the interface from your direcTV box and put it on your computer. So you would just need to go to channel 700 for example to watch the NFL ticket. Nothing special, super easy. I've been a slingbox user for years. My parents don't have the ticket, so i take my laptop home with me, hook the computer into my dad's tv using a usb cord, then watch the games on my dad's samsung lcd. Not a perfect picture, but it does the trick.
J. Thomas answered on December 5, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, if the STB/Slingbox connection is A/V cables, but not if you are relying on HDMI between the two. Some channels are blocked unless it is direct from the STB to the TV.
Birdfeeder answered on June 12, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product