Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Format: Audio CDChange

on May 15, 2007
1991. I loved this CD and got to see them live, twice. The CD is a lost gem from that wonderful era of alternative (before all the frat-boys took over)

I listened to this again recently and damn, if it didn't hold up quite nicely.

Brings back more than a few memories (including drinking a whole lot of Jager with them at the Hard Rock in DC, and then not drinking with them on the next leg of the tour at Bertha's in Baltimore) -sIMEON
on November 4, 2008
I have a vinyl copy of this record which sounds gutsier, but has a mark on a couple of tracks. This is a great pop record. As good as Oasis but with more harmony. I can just imagine the Britain they are singing about.
An intense but melodic record.
on June 4, 2001
I stumbled across this album back in 1991 based on the strength of their single "Which Way Should I Jump?". I was not disappointed at all. This album holds great memories for me and I still remember how disappointed I was when I couldn't see them open for The Wonder Stuff in an old abandoned church in Detroit. The songs are very well written, well produced but very typical for late 80's and early 90's. In a nutshell their music is more influenced than it was innovative. It's easy to recognize the influence of U2, Wonder Stuff, EMF, etc. Nevertheless a good album. For me, part of music is having it when the band is still together, touring etc. In order to buy a band's music after the fact it really needs to be something special, revolutionary, new...not typical and ordinary. This album is very typical for when it came out...it was very good (one of my favorite albums of that year) but I wouldn't recommend it to anybody...it wasn't THAT good but it is good music if that makes sense. Who knows...if they come out with another album then I'd recommend buying it so you can appreciate the new stuff that much more but as far as this album being the end all and be all...it's not.
on July 10, 2000
This cd has an outstanding selection of songs. Once I heard it, I was amazed and decided to buy the rest of the slinky cd's. Its a great one, dont miss out on good music and get it. I also recommend prototype 3 by seb fontaine, its an awesome cd with awesome tracks!
on July 9, 2000
It's funny how the music industry works. Some bands get record company backing, some don't. I guess it's the way of the world, who you know, whatever. Listening to this album, I'm instantly back in 1990. These guys are like an english BoDeans. Their sound is processed, their songs are formulatic, their lyrics are far from profound, but realistically, this isn't a bad record, all told.
Nelson has a whiny voice reminicent of EMF's James Atkin, with nods to Modern English, the Cure and the Replacements(!). As you listen, think "could these guys have been EMF?" See if you don't find yourself wondering: "If the rock music world worked like the country music world and performers were searching for songs that fit their "sound", could I hear U2 playing "Nationality"? The Goo Goo Dolls could be playing "Never Come Down Again"?
Take a chance on this album. It's a good change of pace.