Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 4, 2012 9:03:09 AM PDT
Alex Faber says:
For the box set that came out June 5, 2012, can anyone tell me if the season cases come with slipcovers?

If not, will the cases fit in the box with the original slipcovers on them?

Thanks!

Posted on Jun 27, 2014 3:02:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2014 3:03:46 PM PDT
Jack Brown says:
Not sure exactly how to tell which Blu-Ray edition I have if there are more than one release in 2012 (that's all I see on the outer slipcase). I ordered the "multi-format" ASIN B007I8KXQ8 and that looks like what I got. The other "blu-ray" edition says Nov 1 2001, but those dates are not always reliable. The Copyright date on my individual season says 2011 so I guess it's just a packaging difference?

What *I have* has the outer slip case holding all 5 seasons. Each season is a standard size BR case, with NO individual slipcover or wrapper. Each has 4-5 BR discs on individual pegs (no sleeves).

I think there is no room inside the outer slip cover/box for anything else... it's a pretty close fit. I mean if you had 5 seasons with individual card stock slipcovers (maybe purchased separately?) then my best guess is NO I think they would NOT fit. It may depend on how thin they are though, I have no idea there. Well... okay I checked and found I have 1 other BR with a *thin* card stock slipcover... I can get it in okay. It seems to make pulling it out slightly more difficult. I slide ONLY the slipcover inside between other cases and it noticeably bulges everything just a little. So 1 squeezed in sure... 5? I'd guess about 90% certainty the answer is No. Not unless you want to risk breaking the outer slip case (it is only medium card stock itself) or make it super tough to pull a season out.

The outer slip case is nice, but not fabulous. New out of the wrapper and mine is dented on corners, dinged and a little rumpled. White wear/tear streak along one bottom edge. If I'd only bought this to get the slipcase I would be majorly disappointed in that respect.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2014 3:45:46 PM PDT
Alex Faber says:
Hi Jack,

Your response was detailed and very helpful. No slipcovers included with the set and they likely won't fit. Good to know.

Thank you!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jul 4, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 27, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] by Rod Serling (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (905)