Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

• Customer Reviews

on March 20, 2008
A couple of tips: don't wear them to walk from a dirty hard surface onto carpet. The fibers in the carpet will pull the dust, gunk and hair out of the chenille and deposit it onto your carpet. That's easy enough to avoid if you shake them out over a trash bin, though.

Also, follow the manufacturer's instructions and do NOT use fabric softener when you wash them. Softeners contain a lubricant that will ruin the chenille's ability to pick up and hold on to stuff, defeating the entire purpose of using these things.

As to their effectiveness, I can't say these things are miracle workers, since they don't get up the crumbs my son inevitably strews on the kitchen floor whenever he eats. But they certainly do a great job on hair.

I have two cats, one of which is a long-haired thing, and I just don't have the time to sweep our tile and hardwood floors daily to get their hair up. So when I ran across these slippers on Amazon I figured I'd give them a try, and I've been quite pleased with the results.

They're also excellent on human hair, which is why I've now purchased a pair for my teenage daughter to wear when she's fussing with her 'do in her bathroom.

No more furry floors for me!
33 comments| 165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2007
Love them! Not only are they comfortable on your feet- walking barefoot on hardwood floors is harsh on your soles - they keep your floors cleaner by picking up dust as you go about your day. I bought two pairs, went to buy another and the store was sold out! I want to buy more so when visitors are here they can put on a pair and help with my cleaning:-)
0Comment| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon August 6, 2008
I bought a pair of these slipper 1 week ago, and yesterday bought my second pair. They are terrific! Although the "shocking pink" color is a little unsettling at first - I have learned to become color blind, so to speak.

I have 5 cats, wooden floors throughout my entire house, tiled kitchen floors, and a husband who patrols the whole place with a swifter by his side. However, since using these slippers, I have been able to just pick up cat hair, dust bunnies, and other particles just by walking over them. It is amazing. No effort, no spray bottles, no having to bend over and make sure I got every bit of dust - and then having to go over the area again. These just pick it all up in their pink little rasta braids.

After a few days, I followed the instructions and washed them in my washing machine, hung them up to dry and was back cleaning the floors as I strolled around my home.

I strongly recommend giving these little guys a try. I cannot imagine anyone being disappointed unless of course you are attempting to clean up large items on the floor. But for animal hair and dust - these are the best.
on December 2, 2007
I love my slipper genies. They are comfortable and clean the floor as I walk. I have 4 rescue dogs that shed a lot. These slippers help. I just toss them in the washer, after drying, they are ready to go again!
on May 24, 2008
I sent these to my mom as a gag gift but she thinks they are the best thing since sliced bread. She likes to wear them and says she has the cleanest floors in town. They go into the washer and dryer for a quick cleaning. Fun and useful product.
on March 3, 2009
So they do in fact pick up some dust....but will wearing these mean you never have to sweep again? No. Honestly, they just kinda crack me up wearing them around the house because they're so silly looking -- and I like that I can pretend I'm being efficient and helping to clean my house in the process. If you're expecting a miracle and are going to be upset about wasted money, then no, I wouldn't recommend them. If you're looking for a laugh and something that may make a modest contribution to your household maintenance, then enjoy the goofy looking slippers!
55 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2009
It's really fun to slide around my wood floors in these slippers. In fact, it makes me smile just to look at the slippers--all the little squishy parts on the bottom give them a unique look. The only problem a person might have with them is size. Apparently, they only come in one size. I wear a size 7 1/2 and they barely fit my foot. Also, they are rather wide, so I need to wear socks with them to keep them on. They would be perfect for a smaller, wider foot.
on June 1, 2008
My mother was always complaining that my dog was shedding and she had to sweep the floors all the time. I originally purchased this as a joke, and it definitely brought laughs on Christmas Day. However, I found my mom wearing them, and she said they worked and are very easy to clean, you can literally pull all the hair and dust out, and wash up very nice.
on October 21, 2012
These slippers are the greatest thing to happen since the first time Channing Tatum took off his shirt in the movie Step Up! The only negative thing I would say about these slippers, is that if you can't dance like Channing Tatum, don't buy them.

These slippers won't be effective at cleaning if you don't introduce them to your inner rockstar. In other words, don't expect the floor to be spotless if you're wearing these slippers during a sluggish "case of the Mondays".

These slippers have bigger plans for you. Like tempting you to blast the radio and then serving as the key accessory in your fame-worthy solo act. I confess, I used to sing into the handle of my mop, which definitely limited my abilities to rock out. Thanks to my Microfiber Cleaning Slippers, I can proudly say that I no longer need an imaginary microphone, because I'm so confident in my new freestyle dance moves!

As you can see, these slippers make me excited to clean, and after I clean, they make me excited about how much my hard "work" has paid off! My floors are clean, I'm more physically fit and above all, I am now one step closer to mastering the art of dancing Gangnam Style for my cousin's wedding.

The other perks of these slippers are their style, their breathing room for sensitive toes and their effectiveness at getting the job done. The only way to improve this product would be to include a matching pair of surface cleaning gloves with each purchase. Then, you could cover more ground and really get the party started!

If you've always wondered what it's like to be a rock star, maybe it's time you found out. Order a pair of Microfiber Cleaning Slippers and live the dream!
on May 21, 2010
I have to laugh at some of the reviews of this product. Sometimes I think people are looking for a magic solution to cleaning floors. I have used these a few times since receiving them 2 weeks ago. For what they are, slippers, they do a pretty good job. I slide across the floors and pick up a lot of stuff. Afterwards, I do have to use a broom and dust pan to sweet up what I've accumulated with my slippers, but I'm ok with that. I find them most useful for rubbing up footprints and other marks. I spray a bit of cleaning solution then slide around the area or just do a "bull stomp" on the area and it comes clean. The bottoms are very soft and I do no worry about scratching the flooring. For these to work in any capacity, you do have to put in the physical effort. I guess I'm more happy than most because I didn't ever believe I could simply put them on, walk around and then have a shiny floor. Hell, I can't even get that in my dreams. Furthermore, for the price, they certainly do a comparable job to the $100 floor cleaners we all fall victim to. These just take a little more physical effort. I got the pink ones and the color did bleed in the wash (as I expected) so don't throw them in the washer with anything else. I did dry mine and they shrunk a bit. Had I known better I would have allowed them to air dry instead. Would I purchase them again...absolutely. They are great for a quick leg sweep of an area or spot cleaning where the kids have run through the house with dirty shoes. If you don't expect miracles, you won't be disappointed. Heck for $6 I'm impressed.