4.0 out of 5 stars Short of perfect
Unlike most of the reviewers of this product, I am not a wife who got these slippers for her husband who immediately said they were comfy and warm. I got them for myself and I am their primary user.

Published on November 22, 2007 by John

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad design-no stars
Published on February 17, 2010 by Harold Moppel

4.0 out of 5 stars Short of perfect, November 22, 2007
John (Rochester, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slippers International Men's Perry Slipper (Shoes)

The slippers are very, very comfortable. The faux fur inside is incredibly soft. Their shoe-like shape makes it so my heels don't freeze and keeps the slippers from falling off, but they don't slip on immediately. It takes a little bit of toe wiggling to get my feet all the way in without the use of my hands, which, straight out of bed in the morning, is how I prefer to put them on.

The soles are rubber, which means that they are both durable (enough so to walk on cement) and, as far as I can tell, waterproof. I wouldn't walk in puddles or in snow, but stepping on a wet driveway won't hurt them. They work perfectly for walking outside to get the mail or the paper.

They do fit a little loose, despite what an all-caps-using reviewer said. I'm a size 13 and I think that I would have been better off buying size 12s for snugness. They still fit, and I certainly won't return them, but they are a little loose. I can easily fit a few fingers behind my heel in them, and they flop a bit when walking.

My biggest problem with the slippers is that they might be too warm. They really don't breathe at all, and without paying for any sort of breathable-but-warm material technology, I suppose I shouldn't complain. But with extended wear, especially if I'm not in a freezing environment, my feet get really sweaty, at which point I'd just as soon not wear the slippers.

Overall, I am satisfied with my purchase and will gladly keep the slippers until they wear through, which I don't expect to be any time soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great slippers. (updated review after 5 yrs of use!), July 6, 2007
This review is from: Slippers International Men's Perry Slipper (Shoes)
I bought these for hubby for Christmas and he has been very pleased with them. He says they are very warm. The only drawback is the sole is not rubber. It is the type that has a thin layer of fabric on the sole ontop of the rubber. Other than that, very pleased with the purchase.

UPDATE June 2011 - These slippers finally wore out and needed replaced. So, they lasted almost 5 years (!!!!) with everyday use, inside and outside. I think that was a GREAT lifespan for the price and for the wear and tear they endured over the years! I replaced them with an identical pair of course.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly perfect, March 14, 2010
This review is from: Slippers International Men's Perry Slipper (Shoes)
I'm wearing a pair of these slippers right now; the same pair I've worn for hours a day, every day, for almost 2 years. They've have been as comfortable and warm as I could ask for, and they've been almost as durable. The slippers are perfectly suited for walking out to get the mail, hopping into the car for a quick, late-night run to the store, (yeah, I'm that guy wearing his slippers in the 7-11 at 2am). I've even worn them out on the back deck while doing some (very) light snow shoveling. Fact is, I wear slippers A LOT. Generally speaking, if I'm at home, I have slippers on my feet. And I consider the twenty-eight bucks I spent on these slippers to have been money well-spent.

I did, however, find their Achilles heel, (heh), and I know I'm not the only person that does this: Sitting at the computer, I usually tuck my feet under the chair and cross them, one atop the other. This kind of smushes down the toe of the bottom foot - and slipper - against the floor. Well, after almost two years of sitting like that for a couple of hours a night, the sole of one of the slippers has broken apart and sort of crumbled away from the toe area. The damage extends back to about a third of the way down the slipper. Considering how much I've worn them, and how I KNOW this way of sitting is pretty rough on them, I'm not really surprised at all that they've fallen apart that way.

Anyway, that's the one thing keeping me from rating them a 5.

However, the bottom line is that these are quality slippers, and the only reason I'm on Amazon writing this tonight is because I'm also here to buy another pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, really durable, June 4, 2012
Having worn my share of expensive, sticky leather slippers -- and squishy cheap foam slippers -- I can appreciate an inexpensive, pleasant-looking, well-made pair of super-casual slip-ons. Most important: these are solid enough for brief outdoor usage.

Dog needs a walk in a hurry? With these and a robe at the ready, I'm dressed in 30 seconds (at least I'm dressed enough that the neighbors won't call the police): that alone is worth the price of admission.

Edit: one year later now, and the slippers are still going strong. I have worn them on long walks around the neighborhood repeatedly -- they have at least 10 miles of strolling on concrete on them, and the soles are still in fine shape. These are truly fine slippers for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, March 19, 2007
FXP (New York City) - See all my reviews
Soft slippers have been using all Winter. The fake fur lining is very comfortable and the soles seem to be holding up in the morning walk to get the papers. The size is a little loose, but the fur lining keeps it snug.

4.0 out of 5 stars Large, February 21, 2007
J. Ivy (kerrville tx.) - See all my reviews
Good value for the price! However, I should have ordered size 9 or possibly 8 . the size 10 med. is way too large. Couldn't afford to return for smaller size, wouldn't make sense to me since the price is so reasonable to begin with, return postage would have taken away the great value. j.ivy

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad design-no stars, February 17, 2010
The slippers are unable to be used in bare feet. The insides are strengthened with very hard stiff canvas with very sharp edges and corners. After using twice only I had three scrapes on the arch of each foot. I now use heavy athletic socks before using...completely defeating the object of carpet slippers. The slippers have a very pungent chemical odor which persists to this date. Not a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, Nice quality, December 31, 2007
I bought these as a Christmas gift for my dad and I was a little nervous about ordering them because they were priced so reasonably and it's not always easy to tell the quality of an item on the internet. Despite my qualms I ordered the slippers and after I received them in the mail I was very pleased and quite excited to have found such a nice pair of slippers at such an affordable price. The interior is really soft and the exterior of the shoe is nice and well built. After my dad tried them on he said they were some of the nicest slippers he's owned in awhile. I did order them 1 size bigger then the shoe he wears and they fit perfectly. Overall, we were both very happy with the purchase. I would highly recommend if you're looking for a sturdy, soft, high quality slipper for under $50.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased slippers with comfort in mind!, August 23, 2013
These slippers arrived as expected. They were the correct size, fit comfortably & were rather good looking for slippers. They are holding up well so far. I am a large person, over 6 ft tall & weigh well over 250 lbs & find the slippers comfortable. They seem to be well made & as I stated above they are pleasant to look at. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a good pair of slippers to wear around the house.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looking for Comfortable House Shoes:, November 14, 2012
The Quality looks good for a simple set of house shoes. If you own pets expect to see some hair collect against the fabric of these house shoes. They are comfortable, but don't breathe much. I didn't expect them to either. The only complaint I have and is really annoying is the manufacturer placed a small tag in the bottom of each shoe. This tag tickles your foot arch so you will want to cut it out for more comfort. Seems like a silly thing to do. Right?

Overall, I am happy and wear them around the house. They have good soles for short trips to the yard or garage. Comfortable fur surrounds you foot providing warmth and a fit.

Slippers International Men's Perry Slipper