Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change

on November 12, 2015
Once again, Bonnie delivers. The only song on this CD that I didn't care for was "Split Decision." To me, it seemed to make light of domestic violence; it talks about Bonnie and her man beating each other up. But the rest of the CD is so excellent that it more than makes up for one clunker.
on August 13, 2012
After a seven-year hiatus, partly due to personal setbacks, Bonnie gets down to business and forms her own Redwing Records label. When she straps on her slide guitar, it boasts her loosest playing in fourteen years. She's learned a great deal along the way as her self-production skills on eight of these twelve tracks are precision sharp. The fine songwriter she is has relegated herself mostly to the sidelines, but it's understandable because it's as an interpreter in which she's more identified. Of the Al Anderson tunes, only "Not Cause I Wanted To" springs out of the banal. However, there are three outstanding tracks that showcase Bonnie's band. On "Used To Rule the World", Bonnie's voice and guitar are so souped up that she makes seventies funk sound like the latest rage. Her reggae remake of Gerry Rafferty's "Right Down the Line" is thoroughly reimagined, wholly making it her own. The gorgeous "Take My Love With You", written by three unknowns, is equally measured in its wistfulness and self-assuredness. The sound of these songs is particularly augmented by the fresh blood of Mike Finnegan's Hammond organ.

But it's on three other tracks, all produced by Joe Henry with his simmering band, that most successfully incorporate Bonnie's longstanding marriage with blues-based music. Her smoky contralto delivers immense poignancy with the set closer, "God Only Knows", supported with nothing but understated piano/keyboard. Topping that are two perfected updates of two Bob Dylan songs, both initially from his 1997 classic "Time Out of Mind". I'm convinced these songs, with her voice tinged with chagrin, were really meant for her. Veteran session guitarist Bill Frisell shines accordingly. On "Million Miles", she sees through artifice and it signifies as surely as anything she's ever done. I'd include this with perennial favorites like "Love Has No Pride", "Everybody's Cryin' Mercy", "Angel From Montgomery" and "I Can't Make You Love Me".
on August 31, 2012
I am a huge Bonnie Raitt fan. Have her entire catalogue and have been listening since the 70's. She lost me about mid 90's right after Nick of Time though continued to buy every CD she's put out since then. Slipstream is really good and very listenable. She can really play and sing a ballad like no one can and it is evident in Slipstream. I find this CD very enjoyable like Luck of the Draw and Longing In Their Hearts. They were good CD's too, i just tend to be stuck on her early stuff like her debut album, Bonnie Raitt, Give It Up and Homeplate. Definately a worthy purchase.
on January 27, 2013
Hmmm, thought I was already asked to rate this... but no matter, we're into a new year and, looking back, I'm rating it in the top two or three albums of 2012. But, that's just my rating based on her great voice and guitar on some decent tunes. Nothing surprising there - she's been an outstanding blues favorite of mine for as long as I can remember.

I don't care for a lot of the top songs and albums that are published say, inside back cover of Rolling Stone, and don't expect to see Bonnie Raitt in the list very often, if at all. But, for whatever reason, I've been asked to rate this purchase. So, I rate it as very good. If you're into blues, you certainly know that Bonnie Raitt is an outstanding performer and Slipstream is a decent album.

Fortunately, it's easy to listen to track samples before buying an album. Or, buying favorite mp3s for those who prefer that approach. If you are into Bonnie Raitt, blues or just plain good music, there's no need to care how I rate the album. Listen to the samples and make your own call. Just don't miss out.
on January 19, 2014
What can I say. Bonnie and I have years of history. This cd is , for me, just wonderful. I love the tightness she has with her band. The way she plays her guitar, and her words always fills my soul. I sang Its Right Down the Line to my husband , he loved it. You can't fail me now, now that one just sealed how I feel about 37 years of marriage to the same man.

Bonnie Raitt has always been my go to music. We have history, really good history. Verta Odziana
on January 9, 2014
It is because Bonnie has paid her dues and can recognize a well written song that this album goes beyond "OK". The songs from Joe Henry and Bob Dylan are done with soul and the best songs on the album. I can't say she has outdone the masters here but kudos for even addressing them. And I feel it is a service to Joe Henry to have showcased his work (and production) right next to Bob Dylan. Joe may one day may commonly be mentioned in the same breath as Bob, should he continue doing as well as he has.
on January 24, 2015
Since first hearing Bonnie in a small (maybe 60 people!) coffee house on the U of Michigan campus in 1966 I have been a stalwart fan. This is yet another great album from the woman who introduced Sippy Wallace to the greater world. Fantastic!
on September 22, 2013
I've always been a fan since I heard Bonnie on the old Warner Brothers Samplers in the late 60's. (Two vinyl discs for two bucks, all various artists WB wanted to promote.)
Bonnie seemed fresher on this album than some of her other recent ones. She's actually playing here next month and I've got my tickets.
If you haven't liked previous Raitt albums, this one won't appeal to you, but if you like her work, this should be in your catalog.
on May 13, 2012
I have been a Bonnie Raitt fan for longer that I want to say. Fell in love with her music in the early 1970's. She is one of the best blues guitarists in the music business. She played with wonderful old bluesmen when she was young and learned so much from them. Mississippi Fred McDowell was one of these seminal musicians. He was one of the best slide guitarists around. She did many concerts with him. So she learned slide guitar from one of the masters.
The singing and style of Sippie Wallace was also a major influence. Her 2009 tour with Taj Mahal was heavenly.
Her extraordinary love of good songs and her ability to present them in a unique style continues on this album. The choice of songs is great and the presentation fantastic. I bought three, one for my brother, my sister and for myself. We all love Bonnie and hope she keeps on rocking for a long time. Hope we do too!
on July 23, 2014
This is my favorite CD in years…by any artist! I've played it so many times that it's starting to skip…will buy a new one! Personally, I think this is Bonnie Raitt's best work ever! Her voice and playing are excellent! My favorite tunes are Split Decision (very fun and danceable!), Take My Love With You (so musical and soulful!), Ain't Gonna Let You Go (positive bluesy tone), and Down To You (tellin' it like it is!). Buy this CD and let it take you in until you wear it out…and then buy a new one! She deserves a Grammy for this work!